Kane
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1691
Registration date : 2011-03-09

Well there's this - Page 2 Empty Re: Well there's this

7/27/2012, 2:25 am
@SXR123 wrote:
@Kane wrote:So it'll be cool but no good animation? alright interesting.

well hey, this is eric we're talking about. True he's just doing a test but I have a feeling that as the animation goes on it'll get better. We've only seen screenies and they have looked good but we'll see what it's like once he finishes.

True. Yeah your right I suppose but it will probably lack a bit of smoothness since you can only get that from Flash.
Crash
Crash
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2010-04-07

7/27/2012, 3:09 am
Yeah but the idea of sprites in 3D concept kinda makes up

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Well there's this - Page 2 50fe6f8bcc
W A V E D A S H B O Y Z

Respect your elders.
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15

7/27/2012, 7:09 am
I don't see what you mean by smoothness can only be achieved in Flash. That makes no sense at all. You're just as capable of creating smooth animations in Blender as you are in Flash. In the end it's still nothing more than a series of images played one after another to create the illusion of movement. It's not like Flash magically makes it all fluid and shit.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Well there's this - Page 2 UZ3PNb5
Kane
Kane
Spritan
Spritan

7/27/2012, 7:14 am
Blitz n' Burst wrote:I don't see what you mean by smoothness can only be achieved in Flash. That makes no sense at all. You're just as capable of creating smooth animations in Blender as you are in Flash. In the end it's still nothing more than a series of images played one after another to create the illusion of movement. It's not like Flash magically makes it all fluid and shit.

No but flash has skewing and other tools that I'm sure blender does not have, you can have choppy images played at the right speed but it doesn't make it smooth does it? If it does I'm sorry, I'm wrong.
SoarKrieg
SoarKrieg
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2010-05-11

7/27/2012, 8:22 am
My only question regarding this is how near completion is it?

Well there's this - Page 2 Soarkrieg MADE BY KNUX184!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
R.I.P. Tre' & Uncle Riece
SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11632
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

7/27/2012, 9:43 am
@Crash wrote:Yeah but the idea of sprites in 3D concept kinda makes up

crash if you didn't already know, lange did it already.

look at peach vs zelda, those were sprites in a 3D environment.

Well there's this - Page 2 Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Crash
Crash
Spritan
Spritan

7/27/2012, 10:55 am
I know that bro I've seen it like a whole bunch of times

W A V E D A S H B O Y Z

Respect your elders.
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2008-10-20

7/27/2012, 11:47 am
@Kane wrote:Wait your only making this in Blender and AE? what about flash?
Flash is involved, it's the most important part.

@Toxic wrote:Man Eric you failed me...

Your using the Model ZX megaman

I thought you were going to use old good beautiful megaman x or mega man but whatever ;-;
It's not Model ZX, they're just sprite versions of megaman from megaman command mission.
@Kane wrote:So it'll be cool but no good animation? alright interesting.
The animation will be great, have you not seen the Mario kart into thing that I did? This isn't Anime studios, that wont be repeated, It's very hard, but even if this video will not portray my full potential with it as I'm only starting, it'll still be very good.

Blitz n' Burst wrote:I don't see what you mean by smoothness can only be achieved in Flash. That makes no sense at all. You're just as capable of creating smooth animations in Blender as you are in Flash. In the end it's still nothing more than a series of images played one after another to create the illusion of movement. It's not like Flash magically makes it all fluid and shit.
Exactly, in the end it's all up to you, the program just has the tools.

@Kane wrote:

No but flash has skewing and other tools that I'm sure blender does not have, you can have choppy images played at the right speed but it doesn't make it smooth does it? If it does I'm sorry, I'm wrong.
Yes you are wrong and you should be. Blender has everything flash has (except the same timeline) and more. I can do skewing, and the smoothness once again is just your animation skill, not blender. If anything in blender you can make things smoother thanks to it's graph editor, but YOU have to edit the graph editor by hand, it doesn't do it for you.
@SoarKrieg wrote:My only question regarding this is how near completion is it?
Well all I did is introduce megaman in, then mario (which will be a lot quicker and less complicated, i wanted megaman to have a dramatic entrance for some reason), then the actual action begins. Considering this isn't suppose to be too long and I already have over 10 seconds in I say it's about 15% done more or less.

Watch your ass.
Well there's this - Page 2 Banned1a7c7e438gif
Toxic
Toxic
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 5139
Registration date : 2010-10-03

7/27/2012, 11:53 am
But it still in the Model ZX style what made you hold back from using the other versions of megaman
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator

7/27/2012, 1:02 pm
@Toxic wrote:But it still in the Model ZX style what made you hold back from using the other versions of megaman
I liked the look. Simple as that.

Watch your ass.
Kane
Kane
Spritan
Spritan

7/27/2012, 5:05 pm
Yeah I knew flash was included I was just being a smartass because people say they use Blender and AE but they don't include Flash for the animation. Anyway okay, I didn't know that because I'm not going to move onto Blender or AE untill I can animate good with Flash, there's no point in going earlier because it's just stupid.

Last edited by Kane on 7/27/2012, 5:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator

7/27/2012, 5:16 pm
@Kane wrote:

Yeah I knew flash was included I was just being a smartass because people say they use Blender and AE but they don't include Flash for the animation. Anyway okay, I didn't know that because I'm not going to move onto Blender or AE untill I can animate good with Flash, there's no point in going earlier because it's just stupid.

CAN YOU ALL STOP HAVING BIG QUOTES! IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO DELETE EVERYTHING AND JUST KEEP THE BIT THAT YOU NEED TO REPLY TO. /CAPSLOCK

Also no it's stupid to say that. Go hard or go home. Being good at flash wont help you get better at AE or blender, you'll just gain an overall better knowledge of animation, better instincts for it. But that's not because of flash, it's just overall experience, so you'll get the same thing from Blender and AE, not to mention both programs work COMPLETELY different, so when you go from Flash to AE or Blender you wont go in there a pro if you're a pro at flash. You'll probably just learn a lot faster because again, over all experience does help. And then again, you can get the same thing from both programs. So if you have ideas that actually utitlize what Blender an AE can do you might as well go for it now. If your ideas don't call for it then there's no need.

Watch your ass.
Kane
Kane
Spritan
Spritan

7/27/2012, 5:24 pm
@Eric wrote:
@Kane wrote:

CAN YOU ALL STOP HAVING BIG QUOTES! IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO DELETE EVERYTHING AND JUST KEEP THE BIT THAT YOU NEED TO REPLY TO. /CAPSLOCK

Also no it's stupid to say that. Go hard or go home. Being good at flash wont help you get better at AE or blender, you'll just gain an overall better knowledge of animation, better instincts for it. But that's not because of flash, it's just overall experience, so you'll get the same thing from Blender and AE, not to mention both programs work COMPLETELY different, so when you go from Flash to AE or Blender you wont go in there a pro if you're a pro at flash. You'll probably just learn a lot faster because again, over all experience does help. And then again, you can get the same thing from both programs. So if you have ideas that actually utitlize what Blender an AE can do you might as well go for it now. If your ideas don't call for it then there's no need.

Okay sorry, thanks for the advice I suppose.
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator

7/28/2012, 12:40 am
Enter Mario!
Well there's this - Page 2 Captur17

Watch your ass.
SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11632
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

7/28/2012, 12:45 am
GO YOU FAT PLUMBER GOOOO!!

Well there's this - Page 2 Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2010-07-20

7/28/2012, 1:28 am
Wow, never seen Eric this motivated to animate anything ^.^

(Off topic) Quick question though, can I animate a scene in flash, and edit it in this like AE?

I've been seriously considering moving on to other programs.
Rockin
Rockin
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-04-14

7/28/2012, 1:31 am
Looking good so far.

Can't wait to see a WIP of it animated.
Crash
Crash
Spritan
Spritan

7/28/2012, 1:50 am
@xKAreloadedx wrote:(Off topic) Quick question though, can I animate a scene in flash, and edit it in this like AE?

You can actually but I think there is a catch somewhere

W A V E D A S H B O Y Z

Respect your elders.
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator

7/28/2012, 1:59 am
@xKAreloadedx wrote:Wow, never seen Eric this motivated to animate anything ^.^

(Off topic) Quick question though, can I animate a scene in flash, and edit it in this like AE?

That really depends on what you're trying to do. Best answer is not really. SWF to AE doesn't work too well unless you're animating the properties in AE. What you can do in the end is export a ton of different swfs for each individual layer. Convert them all to a video, put it into AE and put the layers in their correct order, then you can apply effects to individual layers like you want. Tedius but it's the best way to do it.

Note, you will need to make sure you export it with the cam, you want the camera motion to go with the individual layer. So say you have mario, and 2 background layers, you wanna render the first SWF with JUST mario and the camera, the next one will be JUST the background and the camera, then the next and so on, when you put it all into AE everything will animate as if there was a camera there, that includes pans and zooms.

I literally never even tried this method i just thought of it right now but I'm absolutely certain it'll work. If I'm right, I deserve a nickel!

Watch your ass.
Kane
Kane
Spritan
Spritan

7/28/2012, 2:18 am
@Eric wrote:Enter Mario!
Well there's this - Page 2 Captur17

That looks really good so far. It'll be funny to see Mario fight someone twice his size, that isn't from his franchise.
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2010-07-20

7/28/2012, 3:03 am
@Eric wrote:
What you can do in the end is export a ton of different swfs for each individual layer. Convert them all to a video, put it into AE and put the layers in their correct order, then you can apply effects to individual layers like you want. Tedius but it's the best way to do it.

Note, you will need to make sure you export it with the cam, you want the camera motion to go with the individual layer. So say you have mario, and 2 background layers, you wanna render the first SWF with JUST mario and the camera, the next one will be JUST the background and the camera, then the next and so on, when you put it all into AE everything will animate as if there was a camera there, that includes pans and zooms.

I literally never even tried this method i just thought of it right now but I'm absolutely certain it'll work. If I'm right, I deserve a nickel!
:O That makes a lot of sense actually, and it should work because its like each is its own separate movie. Last time I tried exporting the whole swf it didnt register the vcam at at all, but it should work if I try that method. :) I was thinking though...what if I animated a whole fight scene in flash and added the BG, and 3d elements after. That could work right? This is all hypothetical cuz I no longer have the program of course but, just sayin... think of all the possibilties... Surprised

Saul
Saul
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2676
Registration date : 2012-02-04

7/28/2012, 6:06 am
Looking awesome so far and...
I know it could be a possibly stupid question but i´m intrigued: what are those lines?
Well there's this - Page 2 Captur11

Well there's this - Page 2 Tumblr_n3ks24gVXv1rydwbvo1_500Well there's this - Page 2 CmHNDLR
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator

7/28/2012, 11:09 am
@xKAreloadedx wrote:
:O That makes a lot of sense actually, and it should work because its like each is its own separate movie. Last time I tried exporting the whole swf it didnt register the vcam at at all, but it should work if I try that method. :) I was thinking though...what if I animated a whole fight scene in flash and added the BG, and 3d elements after. That could work right? This is all hypothetical cuz I no longer have the program of course but, just sayin... think of all the possibilties... Surprised
Please remember that you're suppose to convert it to a video file first, throwing in the SWF into AE wont work. It doesn't play movieclips or v-cams or anything actionscripted. As for your hypothetical, that's possible if you're willing to do a shit load of constant referencing, It's not the best idea but it's possible.
Saulgp wrote:Looking awesome so far and...
I know it could be a possibly stupid question but i´m intrigued: what are those lines?
Oh yea, I forgot to fix that, they're just lines from the offset.
You see, what you're looking at for the forest and those brown like mountains behind the pokedoted ones is actually a sphere, A sphere I textured, cut in half and then put it through the ground just so that the bit of the texture that I want shows. Then there's offsetting, where you move the texture itself on the geometry on the X or Y axis, this is important because chances are the texture will be cut in half along with the sphere, so in order for that forest to come out in full you'll have to move the texture down so that the whole thing shows on at the top ring of the bottom half of the whole sphere, the line is basically from the texture repeating it self (textures repeat all along an object unless otherwise specified), so to fix that I'll just need to move the offset up a tiny bit so that lines goes into what would have been the top half of the sphere that is deleted.

Watch your ass.
THE2ndNarutox
THE2ndNarutox
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2010-09-11

7/28/2012, 11:26 am
Wow, you figure tht whole thing out yourself? I came rushing here when I heard you actually accepted a battle. lolz.

The means by which we live has outdistanced the ends for which we live. Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.
- Martin Luther King Jr -

Well there's this - Page 2 1bc99df4279fec8b2d213581d1a37e1f9cd0a787f054c4d43

If you wanna battle ill totally take you one. Send me a PM and we can set up dates nd times nd stuff. Prepare to be amazed.

Well there's this - Page 2 Jaden_yuki_signature_by_woofersrb-d50qemp

That goes double.... for a duel.
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2009-09-07

7/28/2012, 6:12 pm
Please remember that you're suppose to convert it to a video file first, throwing in the SWF into AE wont work. It doesn't play movieclips or v-cams or anything actionscripted. As for your hypothetical, that's possible if you're willing to do a shit load of constant referencing, It's not the best idea but it's possible.

What I'd do is animate the sprite sequences in Flash , import the SWFs into AE and change the properties from there :3

But yah, VCAMs and movieclips won't work D;

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum