Go down
『Joshl92』
『Joshl92』
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Source Filmmaker Vid: Heavy Wilkos(WIP) Empty Source Filmmaker Vid: Heavy Wilkos(WIP)

7/25/2012, 4:35 am
So uhh yeah. I'm not sure where this should go since its technically an animation but not a sprite animation.
If this isn't the right section for this then apologies

Well I've been working with valve's game engine tool, Source Filmmaker to make this 3D animation.
The audio is from a clip of the Steve Wilkos show so it may be a bit weird when watching.

I made this to mainly practice lip syncing and facial animation.

Tell me what you guys think and what I can do to improve it.

Again if this is in the wrong section, apologies in advance.

LoneVeritas
LoneVeritas
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1138
Registration date : 2010-06-29

Source Filmmaker Vid: Heavy Wilkos(WIP) Empty Re: Source Filmmaker Vid: Heavy Wilkos(WIP)

7/25/2012, 4:52 am
All animations are accepted. Sprite or not.
That camera should be stationary and the shadow is a little distracting. His head moves around a little too much, regardless of him saying "umm" and trying to find the proper words (though that might just be from the camera). Towards the end, he awkwardly stops moving around and has the same face expression while still talking (it's only 15 seconds, so nitpicking is practically inevitable). Good job though.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Source Filmmaker Vid: Heavy Wilkos(WIP) Yghjhj10
Kane
Kane
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1691
Registration date : 2011-03-09

Source Filmmaker Vid: Heavy Wilkos(WIP) Empty Re: Source Filmmaker Vid: Heavy Wilkos(WIP)

7/25/2012, 6:01 am
Looks pretty great, good job and the cnc from Lone.
Luigiman364
Luigiman364
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 3097
Registration date : 2010-12-13

7/25/2012, 6:43 am
Lol Ive seen the inside of Source film maker for some reason its the next level of 3D animating(kinda IMO) Its pretty damn sweet if you ask me

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Skype Lawls:
Spoiler:
Source Filmmaker Vid: Heavy Wilkos(WIP) 8wjfia

Avatar by LeeTheHedgeHog and userbar done by SynsterB
Source Filmmaker Vid: Heavy Wilkos(WIP) 2lax69
Source Filmmaker Vid: Heavy Wilkos(WIP) TZmdW
『Joshl92』
『Joshl92』
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2009-03-04

7/25/2012, 11:42 am
@LoneVeritas wrote:All animations are accepted. Sprite or not.
That camera should be stationary and the shadow is a little distracting. His head moves around a little too much, regardless of him saying "umm" and trying to find the proper words (though that might just be from the camera). Towards the end, he awkwardly stops moving around and has the same face expression while still talking (it's only 15 seconds, so nitpicking is practically inevitable). Good job though.

I was thinking that the camera movement was distracting but instead of completely removing it I decided to tone down the movement.
I agree about the shadow. I need to tone that down.
The head movement is a bit too much at certain parts of speech so I will lessen that as well.
And the end when his head stops moving is all I had of facial animation and head movement at the time. I currently have a lot more than that now.

Thanks for the CC

@Kane wrote:Looks pretty great,good job and the cnc from Lone

Thanks.

@Luigiman364 wrote:Lol I've seen the inside of Source film maker for some reason its the next level of 3d animating(kinda IMO) Its pretty damn sweet if you ask me

It is a really powerful tool yet its easy to use. Thats what makes it great. You can make alot of things with it and there are many possibilities. You can see that in the "Meet The" videos that valve made.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum