LoneVeritas
LoneVeritas
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1138
Registration date : 2010-06-29

Kixx vs Jayden Empty Kixx vs Jayden

7/17/2012, 4:39 pm

Youtube link if you feel like leaving a comment there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yMBls9-D6A&feature=plcp

Newgrounds link because that place's crude raters and deeply-rooted disdain for sprites scare me.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/599307

Enjoy or something. Critiques wanted, even if it is just a minor issue with something.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Kixx vs Jayden Yghjhj10
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Kixx vs Jayden Empty Re: Kixx vs Jayden

7/17/2012, 4:47 pm
I hated the effects you used on this but other than that,I liked it

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Kixx vs Jayden Untitl15
SᗡN
SᗡN
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1846
Registration date : 2011-07-19

7/17/2012, 4:51 pm
Your execution needs much work but I still enjoyed it. Good job.

Kixx vs Jayden Tumblr_n56t8i_Q2_Ct1qbwudjo1_500
Saul
Saul
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2676
Registration date : 2012-02-04

7/17/2012, 4:55 pm
LOL this was great dude like face said the fx mehh but really enjoyable animation

Kixx vs Jayden Tumblr_n3ks24gVXv1rydwbvo1_500Kixx vs Jayden CmHNDLR
LoneVeritas
LoneVeritas
Spritan
Spritan

7/17/2012, 5:23 pm
@Face wrote:I hated the effects you used on this but other than that,I liked it
Huh, didn't think that would have become an issue. Sad But thanks. Razz

NDS wrote:Your execution needs much work but I still enjoyed it. Good job.
Thankies. I'll consider that for my next animation.

Saulgp wrote:LOL this was great dude like face said the fx mehh but really enjoyable animation
Thankies x2 Razz
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17

7/17/2012, 5:44 pm
You sure have been active lately

Y U NO SKYPE >:c

Kixx vs Jayden Lorde
LoneVeritas
LoneVeritas
Spritan
Spritan

7/17/2012, 5:55 pm
Am I that lovable? :3

Several Excuses:
Worked more on my arbitrary summer assignments, been meditatin', reading random books, animootin' this thingy, etc. Most of the time when I'm online, I quickly scan through the site and leave. Once summer assignments are out of the way and maybe when I have decided on what to do for the next video, I'll skype more often. Wink

Kixx vs Jayden Yghjhj10
Kane
Kane
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1691
Registration date : 2011-03-09

7/17/2012, 6:25 pm
It's pretty good, but I didn't like some of the effects you were using which just seemed to clog the animation up. I honestly didn't like it that much but it's a good animation and why did that green blade thing shoot purple energy? a bit odd tbh.
SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

7/17/2012, 8:50 pm
I loved the effects I don't know what you guys are saying...

this was one of THE BEST fan character fights I have EVER seen. it was long, it was entertaining it was choreographed expertly I was like "shit man, stop being soo goooood"

so yeah, this totally deserves AOTW, it deserves AOTM whatever IT WAS GOOD OK. I'M DONE.

Kixx vs Jayden Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

7/17/2012, 9:01 pm
@SXR123 wrote:I was like "shit man, stop being soo goooood"

is it just me, or have you been saying that alot lately.

anyways yea this is really good.

Kixx vs Jayden Ichigo10
Kane
Kane
Spritan
Spritan

7/17/2012, 9:14 pm
@SXR123 wrote:I loved the effects I don't know what you guys are saying...

this was one of THE BEST fan character fights I have EVER seen. it was long, it was entertaining it was choreographed expertly I was like "shit man, stop being soo goooood"

so yeah, this totally deserves AOTW, it deserves AOTM whatever IT WAS GOOD OK. I'M DONE.

Honestly I don't think it deserves AOTW, his other flash did but honestly I don't see what's so great about it.
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2010-07-20

7/17/2012, 9:29 pm
Ahh man... I hate to be a party pooper Sad

But in all honesty, I think this movie is worse than your last one. LOL this reminded me of a bad maple animation with all the dash clashing xD

Before you say i'm hatin' lemme give you a proper review k? Laughing

First of all, the effects. As everyone else already stated, the effects were really, how should I put it? Harmful to the animation. They didn't fit in with everything else, the hit sparks were too big to see half of the hits and clashes, and the camera didn't help either. I see what you tried to do with the whole, not a moments rest thing but you went about it the wrong way, its just like NDS said, bad execution.

The characters and their movements were very stiff, and they didn't really feel alive. What I mean is that there was no feeling to the hits, it just looked like hit sparks whenever the got close to each other and (correct me if i'm wrong) there was no skewing in this movie. The stiffness really got to me :/

The camera was kinda sorta dynamic but it was too simple, it felt like boring. To be honest i'm surprised this was made from the same guy who made Hikari vs Mukuro (I think that's right? lol) where you experimented with all these interesting cngles and what not Cuz compared to that, this is not even close in comparison. Everything was just off.

But now that I look at it, it's not a bad movie per say, I think the right word would be rushed. Everything felt like it was rushed and not much detail was put into this animation.

In any case, take my advice as you will (love it or hate it) I'm just giving you my honest thoughts on this and I feel like someone like you could do soooooo much better Laughing

Hope this helps. Definitely looking forward to your future stuff x3

- le KA

Last edited by xKAreloadedx on 7/17/2012, 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
LoneVeritas
LoneVeritas
Spritan
Spritan

7/17/2012, 9:30 pm
INCOMING GIANT POST... I feel like Exorz for some odd reason.

@Kane wrote:It's pretty good, but I didn't like some of the effects you were using which just seemed to clog the animation up. I honestly didn't like it that much but it's a good animation and why did that green blade thing shoot purple energy? a bit odd tbh.
Ah those. I primarily made them green but the effect itself was originally purple, and I thought that it looked better shiny purple as opposed to purely/partially green. It was a lazy part on my end though to not seek out green slashes I admit. Different effects, got it.

@SXR123 wrote:I loved the effects I don't know what you guys are saying...
That comment isn't good for my ego. Glad you enjoyed it. ^_^

@5h0ck wrote:
anyways yea this is really good.
You\'re too kind

@Kane wrote:
Honestly I don't think it deserves AOTW, his other flash did but honestly I don't see what's so great about it.
At the moment, I'm trying out different styles. This one was made in the same style I used for my paint animations for one on one fights (exceptionally faster though) were as the other one was much more paced. To each his own, but thanks for the criticism. : D

"Reply to xKAreloadedx":

@xKAreloadedx wrote:Ahh man... I hate to be a party pooper Sad
But in all honesty, I think this movie is worse than your last one.
Before you say i'm hatin' lemme give you a proper review k? Laughing
I accept all opinions of all tones and word choice. Zen Buddhism has taught me well, so go Eric Ape style on me and party poop all over the floor. Razz

@xKAreloadedx wrote:
First of all, the effects. As everyone else already stated, the effects were really, how should I put it? Harmful to the animation. They didn't fit in with everything else, the hit sparks were too big to see half of the hits and clashes, and the camera didn't help either. I see what you tried to do with the whole, not a moments rest thing but you went about it the wrong way, its just like NDS said, bad execution.
So that's what you guys specifically meant by the bad effects. I was thinking that it had more to deal with the choice of effects itself.

@xKAreloadedx wrote:
The characters and their movements were very stiff, and they didn't really feel alive. What I mean is that there was no feeling to the hits, it just looked like hit sparks whenever the got close to each other and (correct me if i'm wrong) there was no skewing in this movie. The stiffness really got to me :/
There actually was skewing, but I suppose with all the hit sparks flying everywhere, loud sound effects, rumbling, and attempt at high-speed fighting got in the way of the actual smoothness of the animation.
Aside from that, most of the sprites themselves didn't have much variety to them. It was one pose ready to kick, and another pose with a kick. Almost like 16 bit sprites with 8 bit moves.

@xKAreloadedx wrote:
The camera was kinda sorta dynamic but it was too simple, it felt like boring. To be honest i'm surprised this was made from the same guy who made Hikari vs Mukuro (I think that's right? lol) Cuz compared to that, this is not even close in comparison. Everything was just off.
Right again. The goal was to practice into certain styles however. I don't remember who the user was, or what the name of the animation was, but the style that I was attempting to mimic (to a certain degree) involved low camera variety, but with a lot of activity. And with the current arsenal of sprites I had, a first person view would look weird to be perfectly honest. Not saying that that was the only angle that would have given it more variety, but it would open up a lot more.

@xKAreloadedx wrote:
But now that I look at it, it's not a bad movie per say, I think the right word would be rushed. Everything felt like it was rushed and not much detail was put into this animation.
I know where you are getting that impression from. I don't think that it was necessarily rushed, but sloppy. And especially towards the end (wanted to release it. D:)

@xKAreloadedx wrote:
In any case, take my advice as you will (love it or hate it) I'm just giving you my honest thoughts on this and I feel like someone like you could do soooooo much better Laughing
Hope this helps. Definitely looking forward to your future stuff x3
- le KA
Advice taken like a man. That was very helpful and you're very perceptive. o.o

Kixx vs Jayden Yghjhj10
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2010-07-20

7/17/2012, 10:44 pm
sigh....I like this guy Basketball

Well then, good luck in the future my friend!
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

7/17/2012, 11:11 pm
lol what was i quoted for?

Kixx vs Jayden Ichigo10
LoneVeritas
LoneVeritas
Spritan
Spritan

7/18/2012, 12:05 am
@xKAreloadedx wrote:sigh....I like this guy Basketball

Well then, good luck in the future my friend!
Thanks! Nice icon. Cool

@5h0ck wrote:lol what was i quoted for?
lol sorry, I have this strange habit of responding to everyone. T_T
BlueSpeed360
BlueSpeed360
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-07-18

7/18/2012, 7:13 am
Man Jayden is so awesome! Nice movie! Love
Hyperspeed03
Hyperspeed03
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-07-10

7/20/2012, 6:19 pm
Ah, Jayden the Wolf. I still have an unfinished animation of him VS Bygone the Roach (Aggron82).
Anyways,,

I've enjoyed every bit of it. Laughing
You could've added a muzzle flash effect when Kixx fired his gun, though.
Maybe add a blurred yellow circle to serve as the light that reflects the muzzle.
Or maybe add a yellow/white bevel effect for when Kixx fired his gun,, y'know

Just some little details that could make this animation even more awesome. :'3

Kixx vs Jayden Zero_by_ezdakidd-d421gjo
You're never too old to learn something stupid.
D3Anims
D3Anims
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6288
Registration date : 2010-09-09

7/20/2012, 9:37 pm
Those effects D:

Kixx vs Jayden Untitl11
lfanimator
lfanimator
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2012-07-16

7/21/2012, 1:39 pm
where do yoouu get your bgs from?
Chrono
Chrono
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2012-06-18

7/21/2012, 7:45 pm
Like everyone said, this is perfect.

Just an Asian.
Ray*~*Ler
Ray*~*Ler
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 780
Registration date : 2011-08-28

7/21/2012, 10:37 pm
This is Pretty good.

Kixx vs Jayden BlackKyuremsig
BLACK KYUREM<333
Shiny Caught:2 (Shiny Pawniard(idk how many REs)October 2,2011
New Shiny Caught:LiepardKixx vs Jayden Shiny_Liepard_BW(2013 REs)October 8,2012
Signature shop: Kixx vs Jayden SuperVegetasig_zps5897075c
Best LOL in my life. GOOD JOB RUBEN! also proof that yoshi is >_>..
Spoiler:
Kixx vs Jayden LOOOLGFRUBENKixx vs Jayden VrWMv
darkdragon581
darkdragon581
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2994
Registration date : 2009-12-05

7/22/2012, 3:05 pm
weak, repetitive sounds, questionable effects, odd camera, ehhhh

i seem to be the only one complaining about the sounds, they just don't seem to match the presentation of the animation in my mind, i would imagine all of the actions in this to have stronger more powerful sounds behind them, insted its ususally just a dull tapping noise or a disgaea sound...
Kane
Kane
Spritan
Spritan

7/23/2012, 2:41 am
@darkdragon581 wrote:weak, repetitive sounds, questionable effects, odd camera, ehhhh

i seem to be the only one complaining about the sounds, they just don't seem to match the presentation of the animation in my mind, i would imagine all of the actions in this to have stronger more powerful sounds behind them, insted its ususally just a dull tapping noise or a disgaea sound...

Calm down about sounds brah. first effects now sounds, I mean your right but you don't have to complain all the time. you could suggest some sounds, maybe some people don't have use to those resources ya' know?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum