Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-02-27
https://www.facebook.com/TJTrollberry

The Conversation Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 2:47 pm
Uh... uh... uh.... so how 'bout that weather? >.>

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sword Gradients with Leaf c:
The Conversation Thread - Page 40 Awkwar10
The Conversation Thread - Page 40 Pikach11
Mistah_Jayden
Mistah_Jayden
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2009-04-06

8/19/2012, 2:48 pm
You guys need a lot of things.

First off the layout is over done boring and gay as fuck. How many times I harass Eric to change it is beyond a thousand. Unfortunately, he has no internet so it can't be done.

There's no active admin, giving a crap about the forum. So since they don't give a shit. We don't.

There's no purpose of being here most of the time. 90% of the animations (including myself) are unfinished incomplete garbage. The sprite section, which surprisingly is what we're here for is dead as fuck. I still don't comprehend the idea of spriting something without having ANY type of spriting knowledge. It's dumb. There is barely any inspiration to even animate. I come here looking to find something good... >.>. Not even gonna say the rest.

I can't say events because even if we did have one, honestly only half of us would actually complete it.

There's no purpose here. Everyone lurks, because there's no reason to post to be honest.
Even the chatbox is dead...

Lol

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread - Page 40 Siglookingassnigga
Luigiman364
Luigiman364
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 3097
Registration date : 2010-12-13

8/19/2012, 2:51 pm
@Mistah_Jayden wrote:You guys need a lot of things.

First off the layout is over done boring and gay as fuck. How many times I harass Eric to change it is beyond a thousand. Unfortunately, he has no internet so it can't be done.

There's no active admin, giving a crap about the forum. So since they don't give a shit. We don't.

There's no purpose of being here most of the time. 90% of the animations (including myself) are unfinished incomplete garbage. The sprite section, which surprisingly is what we're here for is dead as fuck. I still don't comprehend the idea of spriting something without having ANY type of spriting knowledge. It's dumb. There is barely any inspiration to even animate. I come here looking to find something good... >.>. Not even gonna say the rest.

I can't say events because even if we did have one, honestly only half of us would actually complete it.

There's no purpose here. Everyone lurks, because there's no reason to post to be honest.

Lol

that momenment when....this is all true

:C sorry MJ

Skype Lawls:
Spoiler:
The Conversation Thread - Page 40 8wjfia

Avatar by LeeTheHedgeHog and userbar done by SynsterB
The Conversation Thread - Page 40 2lax69
The Conversation Thread - Page 40 TZmdW
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17

8/19/2012, 2:53 pm
@Luigiman364 wrote:
@Mistah_Jayden wrote:You guys need a lot of things.

Lol

that momenment when....this is all true

:C sorry MJ
The Conversation Thread - Page 40 Hqdefault

The Conversation Thread - Page 40 Lorde
Mistah_Jayden
Mistah_Jayden
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2009-04-06

8/19/2012, 2:55 pm
XD don't apologize. It's not only you. It's everyone including myself. We're all to blame.
I'm just being blunt.

LMFAO joey

The Conversation Thread - Page 40 Siglookingassnigga
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 11632
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

8/19/2012, 3:03 pm
The reason eric wanted more mods is because (no offense to you guys) almost all the current mods/admins are... pretty much inactive. DD, Jayden, Leo, Granny, Patt, Lange even Eric. Granted, for some of them it's not their fault. Lange has deathbattles so he can't really check up regularly. Eric doesn't have internet so... yeah...

Leo has lost interest in this site, Jayden's busy with DBZ vortex. I don't know what DD's up too and granny is... well he's granny Very Happy

Patt is... well I don't know what the fuck he's doing. He's got life, so, he's probably enjoying it. Everyone is busy, hell even i'm starting to get a little more busy. I still come here because I enjoy talking to you guys. I don't get much help when it comes to resources and the community around here... well it's not REALLY a community. We get the rare people who stay, but they eventually leave.

All this site really is is just a pass through site. Nothing exciting. Nothing keeping them. ALL we do is sprites, there's no deviation. I'm sure we could get a larger audience if we were to incorporate other things. I remember knuxy used to show us some drawn animation... but what happened to that? It was ignored. The only REAL artists on this site are leo and knux. They both come to drop off a few drawings, say hi to a few guys and leave. They have no business here because all we do is sprites.

You guys have been experimenting with 3D lately, but you're still holding yourself back by JUST working with sprites. To be honest, if any of you plan on making this a career then I would suggest forgetting about sprites and moving on. we need a variety of animations here. Something to get us more attention from animators who DON'T just work with sprites.

Let's face it, the only new spriters that are here are kids who look at sprite videos, go "WOW THAT'S SO AWESOME!" They happen to stumble upon our little site here, see how much it takes, get bored and move on. It's rare that a new member comes here and stays. and even if they do stay for a few weeks or so they end up leaving because they, once again, get bored.

I know we have a completed animations section and you go "well why not just put a finished 3D animation or 2D animation in there?" Because none of you want to see it. You only want sprites, which is understandable. We need to face the fact that sprite animation is dying. As soon as SMBZ died we were SURE of that. That was literally the one thing that kept spriters inspired, it kept them coming back. But it's gone now. I don't want sprites to die, they were fun and always will be. I know that I'll never stop making sprite animations but I'll sure as hell not use them for quite awhile. To be honest all they've done is hold me back. Once my movies done, i'm done with sprites. For a good while.

All of us need to get off our asses, come up with REAL suggestions on how to make this site better, how to keep people coming, how to make them stay. We've got to offer something, a monthly contest for people to partake in. Hell, now that I've got a job I could probably offer up a little prize money. I wouldn't mind. I'd hate to see this site die and all you guys disappearing T^T. The most I could offer up would MAYBE be $50.

If you guys have any ideas for ANYTHING. PLEASE. voice them. That is my rant. I hope you enjoy.

The Conversation Thread - Page 40 Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Leaf
Leaf
Spritan
Spritan

8/19/2012, 3:07 pm
Holy wall o' text. ._.

v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator

8/19/2012, 3:07 pm
Oh boy another textwall I'm not going to read

SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 11632
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

8/19/2012, 3:10 pm
go ahead and not read it. but I'm being as serious as I ever was writing that.

To be honest i'm starting to lose interest here to. Like Knux and Leo. I stay here cause a few of you are fun to talk to.

the majority however... well. I'll leave it at that.

The Conversation Thread - Page 40 Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Leaf
Leaf
Spritan
Spritan

8/19/2012, 3:15 pm
I read it. It's even more depressingly true than mj's post Sad

Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12958
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

8/19/2012, 6:10 pm
@SXR123 wrote:and granny is... well he's granny Very Happy

Best part of the whole rant

The Conversation Thread - Page 40 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
DemonicDragony93
DemonicDragony93
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2010-04-26

8/19/2012, 6:13 pm
This is all true but i was one of those new members at one time that actually stayed. I talk to everyone here on a regular bases..although it is on skype...which is kind of defeating the purpose of the forum. So i'm making a attempt to actually post here more than skype

The Conversation Thread - Page 40 Pic

A Goomba's Life - Episode 1 Scientails 100% Complete.
A Goomba's Life - Episode 2 Goomba Stomping day - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 3 Rocket - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 4 Unwanted Mouse - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 5 The Date - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 6 Babysitting Hell - 50% Complete
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29

8/19/2012, 6:43 pm
@NS01 wrote:HEY EVERYONE.

Who do you like better? Me or Seigy boy here I love you
I like you more then that pussy ass fool,He had the power of Admin, He was actually doing well in his role and gave it up because he couldn't take a few complaints from a few members.... That's "Weakness Of Character" A trait I never would have believed he had and one I detest most in people. you sir (Sieghart) Are a disgrace to the Spritas.......sorry bastard.....

The Conversation Thread - Page 40 Untitl15
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator

8/19/2012, 7:17 pm
The Conversation Thread - Page 40 Screwallofyou

xShufflee
xShufflee
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2012-08-19

8/19/2012, 7:32 pm
@SXR123 wrote:The reason eric wanted more mods is because (no offense to you guys) almost all the current mods/admins are... pretty much inactive. DD, Jayden, Leo, Granny, Patt, Lange even Eric. Granted, for some of them it's not their fault. Lange has deathbattles so he can't really check up regularly. Eric doesn't have internet so... yeah...

Leo has lost interest in this site, Jayden's busy with DBZ vortex. I don't know what DD's up too and granny is... well he's granny Very Happy

Patt is... well I don't know what the fuck he's doing. He's got life, so, he's probably enjoying it. Everyone is busy, hell even i'm starting to get a little more busy. I still come here because I enjoy talking to you guys. I don't get much help when it comes to resources and the community around here... well it's not REALLY a community. We get the rare people who stay, but they eventually leave.

All this site really is is just a pass through site. Nothing exciting. Nothing keeping them. ALL we do is sprites, there's no deviation. I'm sure we could get a larger audience if we were to incorporate other things. I remember knuxy used to show us some drawn animation... but what happened to that? It was ignored. The only REAL artists on this site are leo and knux. They both come to drop off a few drawings, say hi to a few guys and leave. They have no business here because all we do is sprites.

You guys have been experimenting with 3D lately, but you're still holding yourself back by JUST working with sprites. To be honest, if any of you plan on making this a career then I would suggest forgetting about sprites and moving on. we need a variety of animations here. Something to get us more attention from animators who DON'T just work with sprites.

Let's face it, the only new spriters that are here are kids who look at sprite videos, go "WOW THAT'S SO AWESOME!" They happen to stumble upon our little site here, see how much it takes, get bored and move on. It's rare that a new member comes here and stays. and even if they do stay for a few weeks or so they end up leaving because they, once again, get bored.

I know we have a completed animations section and you go "well why not just put a finished 3D animation or 2D animation in there?" Because none of you want to see it. You only want sprites, which is understandable. We need to face the fact that sprite animation is dying. As soon as SMBZ died we were SURE of that. That was literally the one thing that kept spriters inspired, it kept them coming back. But it's gone now. I don't want sprites to die, they were fun and always will be. I know that I'll never stop making sprite animations but I'll sure as hell not use them for quite awhile. To be honest all they've done is hold me back. Once my movies done, i'm done with sprites. For a good while.

All of us need to get off our asses, come up with REAL suggestions on how to make this site better, how to keep people coming, how to make them stay. We've got to offer something, a monthly contest for people to partake in. Hell, now that I've got a job I could probably offer up a little prize money. I wouldn't mind. I'd hate to see this site die and all you guys disappearing T^T. The most I could offer up would MAYBE be $50.

If you guys have any ideas for ANYTHING. PLEASE. voice them. That is my rant. I hope you enjoy.

I would like to bring this site back to glory. It seems video games are taking over the world. I'm new to animating so I can't really help to the point where I can make anything good. How about making animating fundraisers. Do a livestream every once in a while or 24 hour collab those are my suggestions.
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29

8/19/2012, 7:37 pm
Sieghart wrote:The Conversation Thread - Page 40 Screwallofyou
LMAO! ....and just like that... Redeemed,but not forgiven.

-------

https://www.thespritas.com/viewtopic.forum?t=5198

The Conversation Thread - Page 40 Untitl15
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum