darkdragon581
darkdragon581
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2994
Registration date : 2009-12-05

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

5/14/2012, 11:04 pm
okay fine, you win, i lose. spam these effects to the ground, post them as much as you'd like

in fact, here

http://www.mediafire.com/?u9xs9s7sz76qgec

all the sound effects from super street fighter 4, feel free to turn these into the new DBZ sounds that they are meant to freaking be.

and have a good freaking day

(btw, not unbanning jellal, not because i don't want to, because i lack the ability, plus he literally asked for it.)

i was just trying to do the right thing by helping out a friend, but i guess in this situation, there was no way for me to avoid looking like a cunt.

so time to swallow my pride.

im sorry for this gross overreaction.
Knux
Knux
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2826
Registration date : 2010-02-17

5/14/2012, 11:37 pm
I'm confused as to what happened here.
So, since you lose an argument your going against EVERYTHING you said?
that doesn't seem right :\
I think the point here is that joey got himself banned because he disobeyed. There shouldn't be any more discussion then that really... when a mod tells you not to do something you don't, and he did.
All this fuss about effects and what not isn't really necessary...
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4905
Registration date : 2009-01-23
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

5/14/2012, 11:37 pm
@darkdragon581 wrote:okay fine, you win, i lose. spam these effects to the ground, post them as much as you'd like

in fact, here

http://www.mediafire.com/?u9xs9s7sz76qgec

all the sound effects from super street fighter 4, feel free to turn these into the new DBZ sounds that they are meant to freaking be.

and have a good freaking day

(btw, not unbanning jellal, not because i don't want to, because i lack the ability, plus he literally asked for it.)

i was just trying to do the right thing by helping out a friend, but i guess in this situation, there was no way for me to avoid looking like a cunt.

so time to swallow my pride.

im sorry for this gross overreaction.

Hey I understand your concern for wanting to keep the value of certain resources but I kinda see it differently. I imagine that if there are a lot of good resources then no singular resource will become overused because there will be so many good resources that are available to people. Eventually, instead of people having rare resources and not sharing them, everyone would have resources that are unique to them and that will create more diversity. So I think we should begin sharing all of our amazing effects and such and instead of using something because it's rare, use it because you like it and think that it goes well with your animation...I hope that kinda made some sense lol
darkdragon581
darkdragon581
Spritan
Spritan

5/14/2012, 11:43 pm
what i was truely concerned about was as rapid said, animation diversity, if everyone has the same effects and same sounds, it gets bland and repeditive.

like when you see an animation where people use the same sound over and over, or the same effect, over and over, it just builds up a frustration for that effect, even if you only see it once in every animation, you'll eventually get sick of seeing it, or hearing it.
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 9153
Registration date : 2009-05-23

5/14/2012, 11:52 pm
Which was what I was saying.
But you really can't do anything about it, they're not made by you so you cannot keep them as super-secret files that only YOU and your super close friends should have.

But if people start using their brain a bit more they'll realize this and will vary things more to give their animations more of an unique touch.
darkdragon581
darkdragon581
Spritan
Spritan

5/14/2012, 11:59 pm
yes leo, i agree....but it is hard to put faith in people
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4905
Registration date : 2009-01-23
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

5/15/2012, 12:02 am
@Leo wrote:Which was what I was saying.
But you really can't do anything about it, they're not made by you so you cannot keep them as super-secret files that only YOU and your super close friends should have.

But if people start using their brain a bit more they'll realize this and will vary things more to give their animations more of an unique touch.

Yeah, that's what I said in my post. See by keeping all of these "Awesome Effects and Such" you (I'm not actually referring to you Leo, I'm just talking in general) actually prevent diversity from spreading among the spriting community because everyone is forced to rely on the best of what is available. In a way the concept is kinda like if a teacher were to have his students make a video using resources he gives them, then turns around and gets mad at them for using the same resources. I know that was a kinda bad analogy but I was just trying to clarify the problem here...

SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 11610
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

5/15/2012, 12:04 am
@darkdragon581 wrote:yes leo, i agree....but it is hard to put faith in people

I know what you mean. especially with sprite animation dwindling as it is. More and more newbies come, some stay, most leave.

It's hard to put faith into people, but... you just gotta have a little courage and hope for the best. I didn't say you had to just release everything you had, but I still don't see it right to keep them all couped up to yourself. In a way it kind of promotes decompiling, people want the effect or sound effect and since everyone continues to keep it to themselves they have no way of getting it.

in a way, it's selfish both ways you look at it. You're selfish for keeping the effects for yourself and not sharing, and yet it's selfish for the person decompiling BECAUSE the other person won't share.

I was once an unsharing person, but I didn't want to be like that anymore.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Knux
Knux
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2826
Registration date : 2010-02-17

5/15/2012, 12:21 am
Its like we've gone back to kindergarten again.
We're learning how to share and be friends <3
Good job everyone :3
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator

5/15/2012, 12:28 am
@Knux wrote:Its like we've gone back to kindergarten again.
We're learning how to share and be friends <3
Good job everyone :3

be friends
you honestly don't know how things work around here
<3
Toxic
Toxic
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 5122
Registration date : 2010-10-03

5/16/2012, 2:42 pm
THis how I see the arugement.

What the point of having a beauty in a rose if it can't be shared
Water Buddy
Water Buddy
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2011-03-05

5/16/2012, 4:19 pm
DEPRESSING POST GO
Keeping the rose from spreading and infecting more with the destructive lures of its false beauty, to snag prey into its very own self of thorns which those, blinded by the hopes of joy, ignore with glee.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread Ss%20%282013-06-28%20at%2011.49.29%29
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17

5/17/2012, 10:14 pm
You all put far too much importance on effects

The Conversation Thread Lorde
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator

5/18/2012, 10:43 am
Sigmotic wrote:You all put far too much importance on effects

When you guys should be concerned with the actual damn animation
Ray*~*Ler
Ray*~*Ler
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 780
Registration date : 2011-08-28

5/19/2012, 3:24 am
@Leo wrote:

^ yea and the funny thing is.... i always get distracted..

The Conversation Thread BlackKyuremsig
BLACK KYUREM<333
Shiny Caught:2 (Shiny Pawniard(idk how many REs)October 2,2011
New Shiny Caught:LiepardThe Conversation Thread Shiny_Liepard_BW(2013 REs)October 8,2012
Signature shop: The Conversation Thread SuperVegetasig_zps5897075c
Best LOL in my life. GOOD JOB RUBEN! also proof that yoshi is >_>..
Spoiler:
The Conversation Thread LOOOLGFRUBENThe Conversation Thread VrWMv
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13011
Registration date : 2010-04-29

5/19/2012, 7:46 am
@Leo wrote:

NO!!! I MUST MAKE AN ANIMATION AND SPAM THESE EFFECTS LIKE A MAD MAN.....EVEN THE EFFECTS WILL HAVE EFFECTS.I WILL MAKE A MAPLE ANIMATION SEEM LIKE THEY ARE HOLDING BACK!!!! AND EACH OF MY EFFECTS WILL HAVE A DBZ SFX,BUT NOT JUST ANY DBZ SOUND EFFECT,EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM WILL HAVE THE SAME ONE SOUND!!!!! ITS GONNA BE LIKE DOOOOOOWAHHHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!! LOL

The Conversation Thread Untitl15
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15

5/19/2012, 8:15 am
@Face wrote:
@Leo wrote:

NO!!! I MUST MAKE AN ANIMATION AND SPAM THESE EFFECTS LIKE A MAD MAN.....EVEN THE EFFECTS WILL HAVE EFFECTS.I WILL MAKE A MAPLE ANIMATION SEEM LIKE THEY ARE HOLDING BACK!!!! AND EACH OF MY EFFECTS WILL HAVE A DBZ SFX,BUT NOT JUST ANY DBZ SOUND EFFECT,EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM WILL HAVE THE SAME ONE SOUND!!!!! ITS GONNA BE LIKE DOOOOOOWAHHHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!! LOL

OUR EFFECTS SHALL BLOCK OUT THE SUN.

Really though, I actually don't use too many effects if I can help it, and I prefer to make my own. I don't know why but I do.
Mistah_Jayden
Mistah_Jayden
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2009-04-06

5/21/2012, 3:35 pm
Honestly, I don't even care. I use w/e. In fact the only reason I even have any sounds/effects is because of Excorz (KR and Leaf too. I thank you guys for sharing ).

Technically no one owns their effects, unless you made them from scratch yourself you have no right to say it's yours. Ripping from mugen is the same as decompiling from an animation. You're not stealing from an animation rather from a mugen character. Same shit, different look.
When it comes to sprite animation, there's no way in hell you should be greedy, most things we use are pre-made regardless. From sprite sheets to the damned sounds.

In short, sprite animators are basically just scavengers. We create nothing and simply take take take.

Aside from that, the Heavens/Auramaster resource FLA has a bunch of decompiled effects. If anything it serves him right to have his pack distributed.

The Conversation Thread Siglookingassnigga
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator

5/21/2012, 4:26 pm
@Mistah_Jayden wrote:Technically no one owns their effects, unless you made them from scratch yourself you have no right to say it's yours. Ripping from mugen is the same as decompiling from an animation. You're not stealing from an animation rather from a mugen character. Same shit, different look.
When it comes to sprite animation, there's no way in hell you should be greedy, most things we use are pre-made regardless. From sprite sheets to the damned sounds.

This man got it right.
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6075
Registration date : 2009-09-07

5/21/2012, 4:41 pm
take take take

*takes your wallet* :3

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Luigiman364
Luigiman364
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 3090
Registration date : 2010-12-13

5/21/2012, 4:53 pm
@NS01 wrote:
take take take

*takes your wallet* :3
The Conversation Thread 3b2

Skype Lawls:
Spoiler:
The Conversation Thread 8wjfia

Avatar by LeeTheHedgeHog and userbar done by SynsterB
The Conversation Thread 2lax69
The Conversation Thread TZmdW
Toxic
Toxic
Spritan
Spritan

5/21/2012, 5:02 pm
I need to be more active on this site again.
darkdragon581
darkdragon581
Spritan
Spritan

5/21/2012, 5:47 pm
@Mistah_Jayden wrote:Honestly, I don't even care. I use w/e. In fact the only reason I even have any sounds/effects is because of Excorz (KR and Leaf too. I thank you guys for sharing ).

Technically no one owns their effects, unless you made them from scratch yourself you have no right to say it's yours. Ripping from mugen is the same as decompiling from an animation. You're not stealing from an animation rather from a mugen character. Same shit, different look.

In short, sprite animators are basically just scavengers. We create nothing and simply take take take.

Aside from that, the Heavens/Auramaster resource FLA has a bunch of decompiled effects. If anything it serves him right to have his pack distributed.

In that case why don't you post the PS3 Game sound effects you ripped.
Toxic
Toxic
Spritan
Spritan

5/21/2012, 5:52 pm
@Mistah_Jayden wrote:Honestly, I don't even care. I use w/e. In fact the only reason I even have any sounds/effects is because of Excorz (KR and Leaf too. I thank you guys for sharing ).

Wow just literally destoryed all my motivation to make sprite animations...it makes me feel like the lowest form and type of animating scum
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator

5/21/2012, 5:53 pm
Toxic Reaper wrote:Wow just literally destoryed all my motivation to make sprite animations...it makes me feel like the lowest form and type of animating scum

Now you know how I feel
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum