Spritan
Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2011-12-22
View user profile

AaronKun's Sound Engineering Gallery Empty AaronKun's Sound Engineering Gallery

on 5/2/2012, 3:16 pm
How It All Began (Entertaining!)
Spoiler:
So, I've been fooling around in FL Studio and I made some nice techno songs and even a soundtrack. So one day, I came across some ramp-like icons on the notes. At first, when I placed them, they made absolutely no sound whatsoever.

So there are notes, and there are notes without sound on them-- why the hell are there notes without sound in sound-composing software? Can't I just leave it blank where I'd like no sound? Wouldn't I just get confused when I zoom out on the Piano Roll?

Around three weeks later, I had a vision-- what if I place two on top of each other? After all, a ramp has a starting height and an ending height. I get home to my (slow) Windows XP desktop and double-click that Jalapeno Icon. I immediately select a Saw instument, and place two "ramps" over each other, just a single note apart. I slam down that play button with the spacebar and to my amazement-- NOTHING PLAYS.

Well now what the fuck am I supposed to do? If I can't figure this out I guess I'll never use it. After all, the FL Studio manual is such a pain to look for information (tl;dr). Before I close the program in confusion and annoyance, I click on the piano roll once more, placing a note. Desperate for possibilities, I highlight the close program "X" in the left-hand corner of the screen (why FL Studio can't you be on the right like everything else?)...

I hit the spacebar, expecting nothing to play once more... BOOM! The Saw blasts through my overwhelmed headphones. Holy shit! How fucken loud did I set my computer to yesterday?? I press the spacebar, stopping the sliding note... Victory! Accidental Victory!

My Sounds, Voice Acting and Some Of My Music.

SOUNDS:
Practice - Megaman Charge Sound
Flash Animations - Mario Powers Up! (For the Mario Powers Up Collab)
Practice - Space Lazer Charge

Last edited by AaronKun on 5/2/2012, 8:03 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated. (05/02/12))

___________________________________________________________________________________________

@AaronKun wrote:I don't like The Spritas. It's not the people on Skype, it's usually everyone else. Why? I loved The Spritas, but I despise what it has become. A place for hatred, fighting, arguing and trolling. Let me out and ban me. If you can, quote this as my signature so all my past posts will reflect this. Thanks.
Luigiman364
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 3097
Registration date : 2010-12-13
View user profile

AaronKun's Sound Engineering Gallery Empty Re: AaronKun's Sound Engineering Gallery

on 5/2/2012, 3:35 pm
hmmm sound engerineering but I'll look at the soundtrack abit later
AaronKun's Sound Engineering Gallery Thoughtful

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Skype Lawls:
Spoiler:
AaronKun's Sound Engineering Gallery 8wjfia

Avatar by LeeTheHedgeHog and userbar done by SynsterB
AaronKun's Sound Engineering Gallery 2lax69
AaronKun's Sound Engineering Gallery TZmdW
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum