Toxic
Toxic
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 5139
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Lsw Sprites Empty Lsw Sprites

on 4/25/2012, 4:09 pm
So it seems like a lot of kids these days keep asking "Can I getz da lsw sprites' and everyone has a hard time getting them...

http://spritingonawhim.net.tc/sprites/

this is the site to end the need for asking for lsw sprites..so use it wisely
AaronKun
AaronKun
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Lsw Sprites Empty Re: Lsw Sprites

on 4/28/2012, 10:55 am
I feel bad for the poor souls who curse themselves to using these sprites.
People have weird taste imo.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

@AaronKun wrote:I don't like The Spritas. It's not the people on Skype, it's usually everyone else. Why? I loved The Spritas, but I despise what it has become. A place for hatred, fighting, arguing and trolling. Let me out and ban me. If you can, quote this as my signature so all my past posts will reflect this. Thanks.
Mistah_Jayden
Mistah_Jayden
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2009-04-06

on 4/28/2012, 8:30 pm
Same can be said about Maplestory, or any other sprite in general.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Lsw Sprites Siglookingassnigga
Knux
Knux
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2829
Registration date : 2010-02-17

on 4/28/2012, 9:24 pm
Nice contribution, but what is the appeal of LSW sprites?
I've just never known why yal love em so much.
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29

on 4/28/2012, 10:01 pm
*rage meter growing* they are cool sprites

Lsw Sprites Untitl15
Mistah_Jayden
Mistah_Jayden
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/28/2012, 10:13 pm
@Knux wrote:Nice contribution, but what is the appeal of LSW sprites?
I've just never known why yal love em so much.

I love them because they're chibi-ish. It was the first style I found and began to sprite because of it.
People complain because they believe there's no flexibility with them. If you think that way then honestly you're a shitty animator or spriter. :3
It's my main style of spriting.

Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/28/2012, 10:14 pm
I second that 100 %

Lsw Sprites Untitl15
Jellal
Jellal
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2524
Registration date : 2011-03-19

on 4/28/2012, 10:17 pm
LSW use low paletes so its a lot easier to make customs with

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.
Deuteronomy 13:7-12
SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

on 4/28/2012, 10:21 pm
The more you can do with the less you have, the better animator. If you can animate with LSW successfully then you're pretty good.

Lsw Sprites Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
AaronKun
AaronKun
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/29/2012, 12:47 pm
@Mistah_Jayden wrote:Same can be said about Maplestory, or any other sprite in general.
If you're gonna hate on sprites, at least do it on an anti-spriting forum. It sounds ridiculous because you're a moderator here you're supposed to be on TheSpritas' side.

@AaronKun wrote:I don't like The Spritas. It's not the people on Skype, it's usually everyone else. Why? I loved The Spritas, but I despise what it has become. A place for hatred, fighting, arguing and trolling. Let me out and ban me. If you can, quote this as my signature so all my past posts will reflect this. Thanks.
Jellal
Jellal
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2524
Registration date : 2011-03-19

on 4/29/2012, 12:48 pm
I don't think he was hating on sprites, I think he was just saying everyone has different opinions on whats bad or good

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.
Deuteronomy 13:7-12
AaronKun
AaronKun
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/29/2012, 1:07 pm
@Jellal wrote:I don't think he was hating on sprites, I think he was just saying everyone has different opinions on whats bad or good

Let's hope so. :B

Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/29/2012, 1:19 pm
MJ is a huge fan of lsw sprites.he was stating that the comment you wrote about them is a nearsighted opinion and that anyone that limited could say that about ANY sprites....no offence

Lsw Sprites Untitl15
Anonymous

on 4/29/2012, 2:19 pm
@Face wrote:*rage meter growing* they are cool sprites
Agreed also , does anyone have a base for lsw spriters?~
AaronKun
AaronKun
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/29/2012, 2:43 pm
Leethehedghog wrote:

I'm guessing someone does. If not, they don't look hard to manipulate.

Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/29/2012, 3:22 pm
Leethehedghog wrote:
I use to have it but google is your friend on this one

Lsw Sprites Untitl15
Patt
Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 13141
Registration date : 2009-03-28

on 4/29/2012, 7:44 pm
I love animating with LSW sprites, or any sprites with limited sprites because it allows you to actually fill in what you need to do. To make a smooth animation with just a standing pose, than a punching one, without the actual transition, it can look good, or not, depending on the animator's approach. Also, since my computer has always sucked, animating with limited sprites gave me the chance to animate less sprites but just as much as any other animation, I didn't have to skew as much as I probably would have, and it was just simpler. I didn't mind animating JUS sprites or anything else, but LSW or anything else was just more enjoyable. It had that nice sharp look, clean and simple. I love it like that.

Lsw Sprites Purple11

[The Return]
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/29/2012, 8:02 pm
Face strongly agree with that

Lsw Sprites Untitl15
Mistah_Jayden
Mistah_Jayden
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/29/2012, 11:53 pm
@AaronKun wrote:
@Mistah_Jayden wrote:Same can be said about Maplestory, or any other sprite in general.
If you're gonna hate on sprites, at least do it on an anti-spriting forum. It sounds ridiculous because you're a moderator here you're supposed to be on TheSpritas' side.

I love all sprites (except maple). It's what I do Especially LSW, even though I sprite anything thrown at me anyway. What I was saying is basically everyone's got their opinions on what's a good spriting style to play with and what really sucks. An example is that I love LSW, but I don't like Maple sprites. (To sprite them at least) Requires like 500 tones when I can make a sprite 3x bigger with simply 3-4. It's more or less because of the anti-analyzing maple does. On top of that their anatomy is beyond retarded and their proportions are out of this universe. But you on the other hand think LSW is bad, but Maple is good. (Or so I assume since you've animated it and made a character.) It's all about opinion but, regardless a sprite style shouldn't be judged by capabilities because technically, making sprite animations without knowing how to sprite is like making vector animations without knowing how to draw. So you're limited, but it isn't because of the sprites themselves, rather the animator who keeps him or herself boxed in with limitations.

@Face wrote:MJ is a huge fan of lsw sprites.he was stating that the comment you wrote about them is a nearsighted opinion and that anyone that limited could say that about ANY sprites....no offence

YUS! Face is right. Patt too.
I don't know what it is about them, that make it so fun to animate and sprite.

AaronKun
AaronKun
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/29/2012, 11:56 pm
@Mistah_Jayden wrote:
@AaronKun wrote:

I love all sprites (except maple). It's what I do Especially LSW, even though I sprite anything thrown at me anyway. What I was saying is basically everyone's got their opinions on what's a good spriting style to play with and what really sucks. An example is that I love LSW, but I don't like Maple sprites. (To sprite them at least) Requires like 500 tones when I can make a sprite 3x bigger with simply 3-4. It's more or less because of the anti-analyzing maple does. On top of that their anatomy is beyond retarded and their proportions are out of this universe. But you on the other hand think LSW is bad, but Maple is good. (Or so I assume since you've animated it and made a character.) It's all about opinion but, regardless a sprite style shouldn't be judged by capabilities because technically, making sprite animations without knowing how to sprite is like making vector animations without knowing how to draw. So you're limited, but it isn't because of the sprites themselves, rather the animator who keeps him or herself boxed in with limitations.

@Face wrote:MJ is a huge fan of lsw sprites.he was stating that the comment you wrote about them is a nearsighted opinion and that anyone that limited could say that about ANY sprites....no offence

YUS! Face is right. Patt too.
I don't know what it is about them, that make it so fun to animate and sprite.

It's just that they're so small it's hard to use pixels to create complicated poses. That's why I love Maplestory. They're pretty big (even though shading is a slight pain).

Mistah_Jayden
Mistah_Jayden
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/30/2012, 12:01 am
Well, it may look challenging but I do it all the time. I can make any pose in LSW. I believe when starting to sprite. If you learn to perfect the smaller sprites the bigger ones are like nothing. You're so used to putting the right amount of detail on something so small, when you actually have the space to do what you want it's insanely easy. Maple poses are easy as hell because they require no leg muscles, biceps abs etc.
In reality LSW and other spriting styles that require the correct amount of proportion and anatomy is harder than Maple customing. It's just that Maple shading that really makes it hard and annoying lol. Like wise if you learn maple spriting, shading is something you become insanely good at. Like Maplemation's pro-spriter. Forgot his name but his shading, is really good. Sai I believe it was?

Though, I do not like the link the OP posted too much. LSWi is great, the maker of those is my old Admin, but he ditched us Sad, so I took over. The LSWi sprites from when he started it, I never liked. It just took out the oomph LSW has. I don't like the nose or all the detail crammed into their faces, Or how skinny and anorexic they look. The sprites are improved but, they lack the LSW Charm and for that reason I will never animate the newer sprites people make. My sprites are in that level of quality but I hate cramming things into something so small and compact. I am far too busy to sheet so I just stick with the old school ones. Even then I have a blast playing with it.

AaronKun
AaronKun
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/30/2012, 12:18 am
@Mistah_Jayden wrote:Well, it may look challenging but I do it all the time. I can make any pose in LSW. I believe when starting to sprite. If you learn to perfect the smaller sprites the bigger ones are like nothing. You're so used to putting the right amount of detail on something so small, when you actually have the space to do what you want it's insanely easy. Maple poses are easy as hell because they require no leg muscles, biceps abs etc.
In reality LSW and other spriting styles that require the correct amount of proportion and anatomy is harder than Maple customing. It's just that Maple shading that really makes it hard and annoying lol. Like wise if you learn maple spriting, shading is something you become insanely good at. Like Maplemation's pro-spriter. Forgot his name but his shading, is really good. Sai I believe it was?

Though, I do not like the link the OP posted too much. LSWi is great, the maker of those is my old Admin, but he ditched us Sad, so I took over. The LSWi sprites from when he started it, I never liked. It just took out the oomph LSW has. I don't like the nose or all the detail crammed into their faces, Or how skinny and anorexic they look. The sprites are improved but, they lack the LSW Charm and for that reason I will never animate the newer sprites people make. My sprites are in that level of quality but I hate cramming things into something so small and compact. I am far too busy to sheet so I just stick with the old school ones. Even then I have a blast playing with it.

lol! I had to use that icon in my post. B)
Anyways, maybe I should start trying LSW sprites. You just interested me a bit...

Toxic
Toxic
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 5139
Registration date : 2010-10-03

on 5/5/2012, 10:44 am
@Mistah_Jayden wrote:
Though, I do not like the link the OP posted too much.
So then what site you recommend because I would say Dbz Vortex but it not findable anymore...
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum