14 posters
Go down
YuudowTensei
YuudowTensei
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2012-04-16

How to recolor your sprites easily.. Empty How to recolor your sprites easily..

4/24/2012, 6:33 am
First,download this: http://www.gamani.com/gmgdown.html

STEP1
After you download the gif movie maker,open it and open the sprite sheet that you want to recolor...

STEP2
Then,go to animation-->global palette.

STEP3
Choose the first sprite and zoom it and then go:
[img]How to recolor your sprites easily.. Pic [/img]

STEP4
Pick the color that you want and then click ok.It will applies to all of the other sprite like this:
How to recolor your sprites easily.. Pic
don't worry about the quality

STEP5
After you're satisfied editing,go to file-->save as and MAKE SURE THAT YOU SAVE IT AS .bmp if you don't you will get a horrible quality.Here's an example of my edited sprite:
[img]How to recolor your sprites easily.. Pic [/img]

If you have anything to ask just comment I will try to answer it.So have fun!!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

shit
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2009-09-07

How to recolor your sprites easily.. Empty Re: How to recolor your sprites easily..

4/24/2012, 2:39 pm
Hmm, that's a way I guess, but their is also another way in Paint.

Right click with colour picker on the colour palette you want to change and the colour you want to change it to. Make sure you have the eraser selected with it. Hold down right mouse button and just go over your sprites.

But this looks like an interesting way. I might try it, thanks.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
BlueShenron
BlueShenron
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2012-04-05

How to recolor your sprites easily.. Empty Re: How to recolor your sprites easily..

4/24/2012, 4:06 pm
I think i will stick with gimp its easier and faster
AaronKun
AaronKun
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2011-12-22

4/24/2012, 6:30 pm
Are you honestly supporting recolors? There are already enough Sonic/Tails/Shadow/Cream recolors out there and MS Paint makes it easier, being preinstalled on Windows computers...

@AaronKun wrote:I don't like The Spritas. It's not the people on Skype, it's usually everyone else. Why? I loved The Spritas, but I despise what it has become. A place for hatred, fighting, arguing and trolling. Let me out and ban me. If you can, quote this as my signature so all my past posts will reflect this. Thanks.
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12958
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

4/24/2012, 9:29 pm
Well you could recolor other stuff, like effects. It doesn't have to be characters.

How to recolor your sprites easily.. Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
YuudowTensei
YuudowTensei
Spritan
Spritan

4/25/2012, 4:44 am
@NS01 wrote:Hmm, that's a way I guess, but their is also another way in Paint.

Right click with colour picker on the colour palette you want to change and the colour you want to change it to. Make sure you have the eraser selected with it. Hold down right mouse button and just go over your sprites.

yeah i know that way but this one saves your time.

shit
Rockin
Rockin
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-04-14

4/25/2012, 7:17 am
@AaronKun wrote:Are you honestly supporting recolors? There are already enough Sonic/Tails/Shadow/Cream recolors out there and MS Paint makes it easier, being preinstalled on Windows computers...

shouldn't have to be recolors in particular.

For example, I've been wondering way.....WAYS to recolor this particular sprite sheet from Peach to daisy colors and this might be the easiest way.

Thanks for this.
YuudowTensei
YuudowTensei
Spritan
Spritan

4/25/2012, 7:34 am
ms paint is kinda slow because you have to recolor the sprite one by one.

shit
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan

4/25/2012, 3:00 pm
Not really. You can increase the size of the eraser and go over it all with 3 waves.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
AaronKun
AaronKun
Spritan
Spritan

4/25/2012, 4:51 pm
@NS01 wrote:Not really. You can increase the size of the eraser and go over it all with 3 waves.
Exactly.

Besides, if you're recoloring visual effects, just go to the hue slider in Flash. Four and a half seconds of your time.

@AaronKun wrote:I don't like The Spritas. It's not the people on Skype, it's usually everyone else. Why? I loved The Spritas, but I despise what it has become. A place for hatred, fighting, arguing and trolling. Let me out and ban me. If you can, quote this as my signature so all my past posts will reflect this. Thanks.
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan

4/25/2012, 4:59 pm
Who the hell recolours effects in Paint ;_; Jesus.

AaronKun
AaronKun
Spritan
Spritan

4/25/2012, 6:46 pm
@NS01 wrote:Who the hell recolours effects in Paint ;_; Jesus.
The genius' who realize they don't need to pay for software or download GIMP.

Tal
Tal
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 3972
Registration date : 2011-08-20

4/26/2012, 1:54 am
recoloring is great for transformation of characters or effects, and it's a good tut but MS paint does it faster (: but still thanks!

"Interesting sig text"

How to recolor your sprites easily.. Youtub10
Toxic
Toxic
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 5139
Registration date : 2010-10-03

4/26/2012, 4:22 pm
Yeah I guess this is a easier way but it could be better to do it in paint..
Jellal
Jellal
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2524
Registration date : 2011-03-19

4/26/2012, 5:30 pm
@AaronKun wrote:
If they dont have GIMP on their computer already, they're not much of a genius. :U

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.
Deuteronomy 13:7-12
AaronKun
AaronKun
Spritan
Spritan

4/26/2012, 8:44 pm
@Jellal wrote:
@AaronKun wrote:
If they dont have GIMP on their computer already, they're not much of a genius. :U

I'm talking about size and paranoid people, who believe all downloads are direct viruses. :U

Mistah_Jayden
Mistah_Jayden
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2009-04-06

4/26/2012, 8:52 pm
If you need anything more than MS Paint to sprite, then you should pretty much blow up your computer.

Anyway, Nice tutorial though recoloring sheets isn't hard and not recommended honestly lol

How to recolor your sprites easily.. Siglookingassnigga
Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 13142
Registration date : 2009-03-28

4/29/2012, 7:47 pm
Unless you want your character to have a new outfit. ^
SᗡN
SᗡN
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1846
Registration date : 2011-07-19

6/9/2012, 11:13 am
I'll just stick to photoshop.

How to recolor your sprites easily.. Tumblr_n56t8i_Q2_Ct1qbwudjo1_500
AaronKun
AaronKun
Spritan
Spritan

6/9/2012, 12:28 pm
NDS wrote:I'll just stick to photoshop.
Buuuuuuump'd.
Anyhow, Photoshop is overkill for spriting, but recolors I guess I can understand. I like using Paint because (minus the alpha channel functionality), it helps people get better by making them color everything by hand (when you're selecting the custom color). That can help.

BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15

6/9/2012, 6:27 pm
There is an easier way to do it in Paint than the eraser.

Choose the colour select tool and right click the colour you want to change. Select the entire image (CTRL+A) and cut. Fill the canvas with whatever you want to change the colour to. Since the colour you right-clicked is technically the background colour it will become transparent and the other colour will show through.

**EDIT** Oh yeah and when you cut it you have to change it to transparent (on the toolbar, at the bottom)
AaronKun
AaronKun
Spritan
Spritan

6/9/2012, 9:52 pm
blitzkrieg667 wrote:There is an easier way to do it in Paint than the eraser.

Choose the colour select tool and right click the colour you want to change. Select the entire image (CTRL+A) and cut. Fill the canvas with whatever you want to change the colour to. Since the colour you right-clicked is technically the background colour it will become transparent and the other colour will show through.

**EDIT** Oh yeah and when you cut it you have to change it to transparent (on the toolbar, at the bottom)

Genius.

Leaf
Leaf
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-02-27
https://www.facebook.com/TJTrollberry

6/10/2012, 12:50 am
blitzkrieg667 wrote:There is an easier way to do it in Paint than the eraser.

blitz i love you. i always used the eraser and never thought of this.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum