Go down
Toxic
Toxic
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 5139
Registration date : 2010-10-03

VarietyMuch? - Page 2 Empty Re: VarietyMuch?

on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:47 pm
Genre- A category of artistic composition, as in music or literature, characterized by similarities in form, style, or subject matter.

Well it seems like now these days games done by companies (excluding fps) are now rips offs... It seems like now the gaming community has forgot the word genre. And the only way of identifying what type of game a game is by comparing it or calling it another game. For example lets take sony new game "Playstation All Stars Battle Royale"

Spoiler:

We have people saying it a rip off of SSBB or Sony your always ripping off Nintendo

This is just an example..

It seems like people are having periods over similarities in games..don't get me wrong SSBB and PASBR do share a bunch of similarities but the fact that the everyone is having a period over the gaming is getting me pissed off.

Lets talk about the new sonic game. WE ALREADY HAVE PEOPLE SAYING IT A MARIO KART 7 rip off..Like boo hoo guys ever heard of the word genre..yes according to trailer it has water racing like in Mario Kart 7 but seriously guys I bet there a bunch of racing games that players race in water and in land.

I just seems like right now the gaming community are being so loyal to consles they can't let fan services go buy without having a period. There is gonna be a time when the newest games Tekken X Street Fighter is gonna called a rip off of Street Fighter X Tekken ...if the gaming community keeps in this path of ignorance.

Last edited by Toxic Reaper on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
PsychoDino
PsychoDino
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2010-12-03
http://psychodino3.deviantart.com/https://twitter.com/PsychoDino

on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:50 pm
Toxic Reaper wrote:Genre- A category of artistic composition, as in music or literature, characterized by similarities in form, style, or subject matter.

Well it seems like now these days games done by companies (excluding fps) are now rips offs... It seems like now the gaming community has forgot the word genre. And the only way of identifying what type of game a game is by comparing it or calling it another game. For example lets take sony new game "Playstation All Stars Battle Royale"

Spoiler:

We have people saying it a rip off of SSBB or Sony your always ripping off Nintendo

This is just an example..

It seems like people are having periods over similarities in games..don't get me wrong SSBB and PASBR due share a bunch of similarities but the fact that the everyone is having a period over the gaming is getting me pissed off.

Lets talk about the new sonic game. WE ALREADY HAVE PEOPLE SAYING IT A MARIO KART 7 rip off..Like boo hoo guys ever heard of the word genre..yes according to trailer it has water racing like in Mario Kart 7 but seriously guys I bet there a bunch of racing games that players race in water and in land.

I just seems like right now the gaming community are being so loyal to consles they can't let fan services go buy without having a period. There is gonna be a time when the newest games Tekken X Street Fighter is gonna called a rip off of Street Fighter X Tekken ...if the gaming community keeps in this path of ignorance.

You are right. Also about the Sonic game thing. We cant forget Diddy Kong Racing had three different types of gameplay: Car, Boat,and Plane.
Toxic
Toxic
Spritan
Spritan

on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:54 pm
Yeah exactly dam it you nailed the point
HavocTheGreenKirby
HavocTheGreenKirby
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2012-04-23

on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:37 pm
I forgot all about Diddy Kong Racing, but DAMN RIGHT that's physically right.

Since were talking about game rip-off's, lemme explain something I didn't like that microsoft tried to do from Nintendo.

Sooo Idk if any of you know the game, but I played this ever since I was a kid(n64 to be exact). It was a game called Perfect Dark. Lemme tell ya, BEST N64 GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED! The storyline was great and made perfect sense, the weapons were frikkin creative(one of them is called Slayer and another is called Reaper. pretty epic right??), and scenes were so immense. and for once, a female is the protagonist. Back then, they barely had female main characters. they also had a training room for you to practice your accuracy and shiz. Multiplayer is a beast in that game. you have like several modes you can play like simple combat, king of the hill, and things of that nature. you could also practice with the gear you get, like x-ray specs and shiz.

and for a nintendo 64 game, the graphics were pretty good, but its not about that. It's all about the gameplay. You can download a rom to play it.

after like a couple years, nintendo dropped Rare Ltd.(company that published that game) then a few months later, I look up more info about this game. I also came across a new version of the game on youtube. I had to look at the description of it to see why it didnt look the way I thought it did. I then see it was by Xbox.

Seriously, they made me puke. I didn't think microsoft would rip off nintendo like that. The storyline was completely the same though. It's just they changed the appearance of most things, such as the weapons. mostly, the weapons is the main priority, that they change, that urked me because...it didn't look anything like the original. Most of the enemies in the game didn't have the same things they wore in the previous version

Then, for the 360, they made a new version of the game called Perfect Dark 0. that game blew so hard, my nuts almost exploded. Neither versions of the game got higher than the original one(which was like a 9.8 or something like that for the original).

I swear, if your gonna remake something, make it looks the same, and just add a few minor details. The storyline and the gaming board were fine. the appearances has got to change or microsoft's imitation days can go fall in the nearest abyss they can find

___________________________________________________________________________________________

VarietyMuch? - Page 2 Otl01w
SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:40 pm
you did not just fuckin take my ranting idea thread.

you bastard. ranting about shit is my thing.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

VarietyMuch? - Page 2 Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Toxic
Toxic
Spritan
Spritan

on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:54 pm
I only do video game rants and you saw my first rant before
D3Anims
D3Anims
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6288
Registration date : 2010-09-09

on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:30 pm
Ive accepted that they ran out of creativity and will continue to make bs games, so i cope with w/e will entertain me, its no way to live, but alas I must

VarietyMuch? - Page 2 Untitl11
Saul
Saul
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2676
Registration date : 2012-02-04

on Tue May 01, 2012 9:58 am
@SXR123 wrote:no, all games nowadays have something to do with put as much blood as you can into a game. See how many times you can make a character say fuck or shit, or what kind of weapons you can put into a game.

forget the story and character development. Focus on the amazing graphics and how much blood you can fit on the screen at one time.

Yup. Typical game. This is why I admire games such as (fuck you guys) sonic adventure 1 and 2. sure, they may not have been the prettiest of games at its time, but they at least had a story, one that I enjoy watching even today. it's basic story yes, but a story I enjoy nonetheless.

games like call of duty, gears of war and such don't really have a good story and are made just so you could shoot people. Gears of war more than any. considering that as soon as your hit with a bullet it's like having your arm chopped off.

I don't play many games, so sonic games probably aren't a very good example. But what about games like SSBB, that game had literally NO talking and yet the story was great. I enjoyed that games story a lot.
Have you tried playing Kid Icarus Uprising?,it´s awesome and very different to other adventure games

VarietyMuch? - Page 2 Tumblr_n3ks24gVXv1rydwbvo1_500VarietyMuch? - Page 2 CmHNDLR
Water Buddy
Water Buddy
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2011-03-05

on Tue May 01, 2012 1:36 pm
pc->steam->indie game support->original games that are orginal
steam lets inde devs make games, get cash, make more ORIGINAL content, rinse and repeat
*the pc snob stikes again*

VarietyMuch? - Page 2 Ss%20%282013-06-28%20at%2011.49.29%29
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

on Tue May 01, 2012 2:05 pm
@SXR123 wrote:But what about games like SSBB, that game had literally NO talking and yet the story was great. I enjoyed that games story a lot.

snake said 1 sentence and ike randomly shouted great aether.

anyways I know what you mean.

just the other day I picked up the new kirby. the story is kinda meh but the gameplay is solid and the multiplayer is fun too.

VarietyMuch? - Page 2 Ichigo10
Toxic
Toxic
Spritan
Spritan

on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:58 pm
Would you guys rather have me do the next rant on video or keep it on written format
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2009-09-07

on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:51 pm
I think video.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Toxic
Toxic
Spritan
Spritan

on Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:11 pm
Okay then the next rant is a video..due to 1 person opinion
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum