Go down
BDB
BDB
Number of posts : 3517
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Helix Introduction Vid - Page 3 Empty Re: Helix Introduction Vid

3/11/2012, 5:57 pm
I got an XP, step dad passed down his Mac to me cause he's an Apple fan. I'm just using this cause it's better than my PC. I probably have a low intellect but not cause I use a Mac.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Click:
https://soundcloud.com/delgadobosso
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19

3/13/2012, 9:11 pm
Helix renders to video, or image sequences. Ideally it can render sequences of separate layers for composition, and separate include z buffers and things like that for compositing in other software like After Effects. I'm hoping we can also make use of the advanced image formats like openexr and multilayer. But yeah, ultimately you render the video itself for Youtube or what have you.

A lot of people have asked if it can render to swf. Well, you are all idiots. The things Helix is capable of far transcend what swf files can normally do. It may be possible to cheat though, by mixing what it can do in 3d with prerendered images, but ultimately your best bet is a video format. You can always contain videos within swf files or load videos into swfs as a player, enabling your animations to go on NG or Fluidanims. Otherwise, forcing an swf to render what Helix creates would be insane and borderline impossible.

Some people have even asked if Helix can save to fla files. roflmfao. That is not even remotely feasible or even useful, nor does it make any sense whatsoever.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Helix Introduction Vid - Page 3 Fzero%20death%20race
Leo
Leo
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

3/13/2012, 9:30 pm
@Mr Lange wrote:Some people have even asked if Helix can save to fla files. roflmfao. That is not even remotely feasible or even useful, nor does it make any sense whatsoever.

I used to think that people still had some tidbits of intelligence.

I guess I was wrong..
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2008-10-20

3/13/2012, 11:22 pm
Rendering a complex 3D animation in SWF could be a good way to test the combustibility of a computer!

Watch your ass.
Helix Introduction Vid - Page 3 Banned1a7c7e438gif
Crash
Crash
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2010-04-07

3/14/2012, 6:00 pm
@Eric wrote:Rendering a complex 3D animation in SWF could be a good way to test the combustibility of a computer!
This makes want to render a complex 3D animation in Swf but idk long it would take to pay for reparations or how long I would be punished.
Helix Introduction Vid - Page 3 Okayguy

Helix Introduction Vid - Page 3 50fe6f8bcc
W A V E D A S H B O Y Z

Respect your elders.
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator

3/14/2012, 6:27 pm
Well the latest developments in the Flash Player have made hardware acceleration possible, so technically they are capable of amazing things now. If things go the way they are going, then it may be possible to render Helix animations to swf to a limited degree. It would still be really stupid to do though because unlike 2d Flash animations, a realtime version of Helix animation would be very large in file size and run a high risk of imperfect fps, depending on how complex your work is. Not to mention... decompileable...

PsychoDino
PsychoDino
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2010-12-03
http://psychodino3.deviantart.com/https://twitter.com/PsychoDino

3/14/2012, 6:36 pm
Just think.........the ultimate animation program is being worked on. Very exciting.
Leo
Leo

3/14/2012, 6:41 pm
@Mr Lange wrote:Not to mention... decompileable...

Which is...NO GOOD
SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

3/14/2012, 7:22 pm
kids, there's nothing more cool then watching a flash you like! But if someone tries to decompile this flash in any shape or form, that's NO GOOD. It's their flash! Nobody has the right to steal that stuff! so what do you do? first, you say FUCK YOU. Then, you KICK HIS ASS.

most important, make sure to kick him in the nuts a few times so he doesn't forget! *zips away*

Helix Introduction Vid - Page 3 Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Leo
Leo

3/14/2012, 8:18 pm
@SXR123 wrote:kids, there's nothing more cool then watching a flash you like! But if someone tries to decompile this flash in any shape or form, that's NO GOOD. It's their flash! Nobody has the right to steal that stuff! so what do you do? first, you say FUCK YOU. Then, you KICK HIS ASS.

most important, make sure to kick him in the nuts a few times so he doesn't forget! *zips away*

roflmao

No let's stop derailing this thread.
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator

3/14/2012, 8:52 pm
I'd be less concerned about this since we now have software that can stop this. Then again, as any form of protagonizing (not a word i know) technology is created it's antagonizing equal is created.

Watch your ass.
Jellal
Jellal
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2524
Registration date : 2011-03-19

3/14/2012, 11:12 pm
@Eric wrote:
I'd be less concerned about this since we now have software that can stop this. Then again, as any form of protagonizing (not a word i know) technology is created it's antagonizing equal is created.
Yeah but then they make six sequels and the protagonist technology finally prevails over the antagonist software by using the force

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.
Deuteronomy 13:7-12
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15

3/15/2012, 12:34 pm
@Jellal wrote:
@Eric wrote:
Yeah but then they make six sequels and the protagonist technology finally prevails over the antagonist software by using the force

Amen.

Can't wait until this can actually do shit.
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator

3/16/2012, 7:41 pm
@SXR123 wrote:kids, there's nothing more cool then watching a flash you like! But if someone tries to decompile this flash in any shape or form, that's NO GOOD. It's their flash! Nobody has the right to steal that stuff! so what do you do? first, you say FUCK YOU. Then, you KICK HIS ASS.

I wish this was a real Sonic Sez Says. Damn. Moving on.

Yes there is the anti-decompile software but there is a decent chance it won't work for what Helix puts in an swf. Not to mention decompilation was only one factor, there's plenty of other impractical reasons to render such animations into an swf format.

Ray*~*Ler
Ray*~*Ler
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 780
Registration date : 2011-08-28

3/16/2012, 8:08 pm
this program looks completely awesome. cant wait to try it. also does it lagg (like skip some frames and stuff like on flash)?

Helix Introduction Vid - Page 3 BlackKyuremsig
BLACK KYUREM<333
Shiny Caught:2 (Shiny Pawniard(idk how many REs)October 2,2011
New Shiny Caught:LiepardHelix Introduction Vid - Page 3 Shiny_Liepard_BW(2013 REs)October 8,2012
Signature shop: Helix Introduction Vid - Page 3 SuperVegetasig_zps5897075c
Best LOL in my life. GOOD JOB RUBEN! also proof that yoshi is >_>..
Spoiler:
Helix Introduction Vid - Page 3 LOOOLGFRUBENHelix Introduction Vid - Page 3 VrWMv
TheGensis
TheGensis
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2012-01-04

3/18/2012, 2:00 pm
If this project is successful it can me a multi-million dollar idea
I would help but I don't have the library of experience at the moment
Blackleafe
Blackleafe
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2011-06-01

3/18/2012, 2:39 pm
@TheGensis wrote:If this project is successful it can me a multi-million dollar idea

And now we have found a guy among us who thinks about money XD

Helix Introduction Vid - Page 3 Nimeta12
TheGensis
TheGensis
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2012-01-04

3/18/2012, 2:54 pm
@Blackleafe wrote:
@TheGensis wrote:If this project is successful it can me a multi-million dollar idea

And now we have found a guy among us who thinks about money XD

Its not that I was just thinking how it could benefit the community of spritas and the site if we have a self made program better then anything ever done before
Blackleafe
Blackleafe
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2011-06-01

3/18/2012, 2:56 pm
Lol i was just kidding...

Helix Introduction Vid - Page 3 Nimeta12
PsychoDino
PsychoDino
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2010-12-03
http://psychodino3.deviantart.com/https://twitter.com/PsychoDino

3/18/2012, 7:46 pm
He is right though. Money = Love and Happiness
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator

3/18/2012, 8:16 pm
No but lets not get into a debate about Money, love and happiness.

Helix will be free because how could we deprive potential artists from such a powerful tool over something like cost...and it's open source.
So it would HAVE to be free by law.

Watch your ass.
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2009-09-07

3/18/2012, 8:58 pm
Helix will be free because how could we deprive potential artists from such a powerful tool over something like cost.

Talk to the C.E.O of Adobe. xD

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator

3/18/2012, 9:38 pm
@NS01 wrote:
Helix will be free because how could we deprive potential artists from such a powerful tool over something like cost.

Talk to the C.E.O of Adobe. xD
Adobe is still kind of cool. While they may charge a lot, they openly admitted to not caring about how you get their products. As in they don't care if you pirate it.

Watch your ass.
Jellal
Jellal
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2524
Registration date : 2011-03-19

3/18/2012, 10:15 pm
yoshifanatic2595 wrote:He is right though. Money = Love and Happiness
Yes but we're all miserable emotionless bitches

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.
Deuteronomy 13:7-12
Cooljoshua567
Cooljoshua567
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2011-07-21

3/19/2012, 12:18 am
^ Dafuq? xD

Nah, but still that software looks PROPER

The Unstoppable Ala Rubra

Helix Introduction Vid - Page 3 Ala_Rubra
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum