14 posters
Go down
N1nja
N1nja
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-01-09

OFFICIAL SPRITAS CHANNEL!  Empty OFFICIAL SPRITAS CHANNEL!

1/23/2012, 9:19 pm
Sooooooooooooo I've been debating if I wanted to be the one to do this, or wait and let some other noob come up with this idea and take my potential shine and finally I was like "HELLZ NAH ALL DAT CREDITZ R BELONG TO MEH!" So without further ado, lemme pitch this to you. (Rapping skills on point!)

We all love thespritas.com ... I mean a lot of us are here everyday, helping each other out, critiquing the animations we make. We are all bros (And every now and again we have a sis)...

But as any family goes, you either spread your lineage throughout the land or your name vanishes...
What I'm getting at is I think that we need to have an official Youtube Channel that plays everyone's animations.
And what would be awesome is if we have different series and such on that channel, just like on a regular tv channel namely AdultSwim.

We could have weekly channel bumps that let's subscribers/casual viewers know what animations are coming out, and essentially generate hype about sprite animations.

Things this does for us as a community:
1) Obviously it gets our name out - With the videos being generated more and more people will watch and come to at the least know about TheSpritas
2) We grow larger as a community - Hopefully this will gather more of the committed animators, or people who do this as a hobby and wouldn't mind becoming better and growing with us
3) It's practice - Making animations is essentially practice for the ones to come

Things this does for the individual animator:
1) Gets your name out as well - This isn't necessarily a dump for all animations, what this is, is essentially a HUGE collaboration of works we put together to represent TheSpritas (That being said the animations should be decent, hopefully if this idea is a good one we can make a system for which ones are shown and which aren't). Your animation being on this channel will be more of like a "sample" of what you can do and will hopefully make people want to visit your channel to see more. And if you don't have one will make them come to this site to see what other people have.

Hopefully this channel thing is well received and we can come up with a Channel name so I can go register it and we can get this thing moving. This is essentially a long lasting collaboration including everyone on this site. I say if we can come up with at the least 20 animations (Not including the bumps and animation promos/previews) Than this collab worked out fine... So what do you guys think? Have any questions?

Also I'm just a noob :3
Kane
Kane
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2011-03-09

OFFICIAL SPRITAS CHANNEL!  Empty Re: OFFICIAL SPRITAS CHANNEL!

1/23/2012, 9:35 pm
@N1nja wrote:Sooooooooooooo I've been debating if I wanted to be the one to do this, or wait and let some other noob come up with this idea and take my potential shine and finally I was like "HELLZ NAH ALL DAT CREDITZ R BELONG TO MEH!" So without further ado, lemme pitch this to you. (Rapping skills on point!)

We all love thespritas.com ... I mean a lot of us are here everyday, helping each other out, critiquing the animations we make. We are all bros (And every now and again we have a sis)...

But as any family goes, you either spread your lineage throughout the land or your name vanishes...
What I'm getting at is I think that we need to have an official Youtube Channel that plays everyone's animations.
And what would be awesome is if we have different series and such on that channel, just like on a regular tv channel namely AdultSwim.

We could have weekly channel bumps that let's subscribers/casual viewers know what animations are coming out, and essentially generate hype about sprite animations.

Things this does for us as a community:
1) Obviously it gets our name out - With the videos being generated more and more people will watch and come to at the least know about TheSpritas
2) We grow larger as a community - Hopefully this will gather more of the committed animators, or people who do this as a hobby and wouldn't mind becoming better and growing with us
3) It's practice - Making animations is essentially practice for the ones to come

Things this does for the individual animator:
1) Gets your name out as well - This isn't necessarily a dump for all animations, what this is, is essentially a HUGE collaboration of works we put together to represent TheSpritas (That being said the animations should be decent, hopefully if this idea is a good one we can make a system for which ones are shown and which aren't). Your animation being on this channel will be more of like a "sample" of what you can do and will hopefully make people want to visit your channel to see more. And if you don't have one will make them come to this site to see what other people have.

Hopefully this channel thing is well received and we can come up with a Channel name so I can go register it and we can get this thing moving. This is essentially a long lasting collaboration including everyone on this site. I say if we can come up with at the least 20 animations (Not including the bumps and animation promos/previews) Than this collab worked out fine... So what do you guys think? Have any questions?

Also I'm just a noob :3

We've already talked about this... kinda
N1nja
N1nja
Spritan
Spritan

1/23/2012, 9:44 pm
Lol then my question is, why hasn't it been done?
I think it'd be great.
Luigiman364
Luigiman364
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 3090
Registration date : 2010-12-13

1/23/2012, 10:53 pm
Im full infavor of this idea we should let one of the Admins begin the Account then Post the animations of the week a few video tutorials from us trully and full length feature movies that out members created =D

also I think this thread should be moved somewhere but idk where?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Skype Lawls:
Spoiler:
OFFICIAL SPRITAS CHANNEL!  8wjfia

Avatar by LeeTheHedgeHog and userbar done by SynsterB
OFFICIAL SPRITAS CHANNEL!  2lax69
OFFICIAL SPRITAS CHANNEL!  TZmdW
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 11610
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

1/23/2012, 11:05 pm
As good as this idea is, there has to be a lot of ground rules.

now at the moment, I'm extremely tired and I don't want to say said rules, when I wake up in the morning, I'll do my best.

We would need an official email for the channel that EVERYONE would be able to use for the most part. or at least trusted individuals.

We would need someone to maintain the channel and make it look good, presentable so that people can look at it and say "hey, these guys are professional!" or something along those lines.

we also have to have someone to approve the animations, make sure the animators aren't using copyrighted song, maybe we could get a shot at having our time limit extended even, but that CAN'T happen if people use copyrighted songs.

I'll say more in the morning, but at the moment... i'm tired... so yeaah...

___________________________________________________________________________________________

OFFICIAL SPRITAS CHANNEL!  Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Blackleafe
Blackleafe
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2011-06-01

1/24/2012, 12:10 am
Youtube is 1 man site. It's going to be hard to make it for all of us. Idea is good and i like it but it's going to be hard and it's morning too..... so yeaaaahhh.....

OFFICIAL SPRITAS CHANNEL!  Nimeta12
N1nja
N1nja
Spritan
Spritan

1/24/2012, 12:53 am
@SXR123 wrote:As good as this idea is, there has to be a lot of ground rules.

now at the moment, I'm extremely tired and I don't want to say said rules, when I wake up in the morning, I'll do my best.

We would need an official email for the channel that EVERYONE would be able to use for the most part. or at least trusted individuals.

We would need someone to maintain the channel and make it look good, presentable so that people can look at it and say "hey, these guys are professional!" or something along those lines.

we also have to have someone to approve the animations, make sure the animators aren't using copyrighted song, maybe we could get a shot at having our time limit extended even, but that CAN'T happen if people use copyrighted songs.

I'll say more in the morning, but at the moment... i'm tired... so yeaah...

Of course this thing needs certain rules, guidelines and regulating... But if you don't mind I'll address some of the things you've mentioned:

Spoiler:
As far as "maintaining" the channel, not much needs to be done in that aspect, the weekly bumps and animation promos/previews will rely solely on how many videos we have to show.
The background of the channel page itself also, isn't anything that needs much maintenance perhaps a changing every few months or weeks but as a channel it would need certain consistency, real tv channels don't change their layout all that much (And TV channel vibe is what I'm going for.)

As far as approving the animations. We don't necessarily need an animation proofing, a disclaimer at the beginning of each video stating "The copyrighted materials used in this video are for entertainment purposes only and are not used to gain any profit." Something like that. It's under the law of "Free Use" (Don't know how long that will be in act since ACTA/PIPA/SOPA are out to ruin the world). So copyrighted songs are fine as long as we disclaim any intent to profit.

As far as the MASS email account we don't need one of those... I have already registered a brand new email account that will be used ONLY to register the Youtube Channel name (When we figure it out). Other than that the email won't ever be needed. Only a few people would need to have the password to the channel.

@Luigiman364 wrote:Im full infavor of this idea we should let one of the Admins begin the Account then Post the animations of the week a few video tutorials from us trully and full length feature movies that out members created =D

These are certainly all good ideas but:
Spoiler:
1) Although tutorials are definitely something that could be featured on the channel, the main thing we're going for is a "TV Channel" feel, there could definitely be a "learning" segment on there but we'd need a lot of them at once.
2) As far as full length feature movies go, there are a few problems with that. First as SXR implied/mentioned, non-partnered channels don't have the right to post very long videos, I think the limit for a non-partner went up to 13 minutes at the most? (Not sure). Second problem is... xD I don't think we HAVE any feature length animations... And I know a few are being conceptualized into existence but the motivation for them is really low. If we get them great, but they may have to wait til we get that kind of time limit or they'll have to be split into parts.
3) I'm fully capable of registering and running the Youtube Channel myself, not to say I don't appreciate the sentiment, but running a channel is in the realm of my ability :/

As far as video "admission" into the channel goes, I think the fairest way to go about it is to have the animator request admission, then we could either have 3 official permanent "judges" (Or just a majority vote) rate them 1-5 and if the averaged score is above a 3.5 (Or whatever score seems good enough for the channel) Then they'll be added to the channel. This isn't to say if you don't get voted in, that specific animation will never make it, just means you need to go back and touch it up where it needs to be touched (Giggity) Unless there is a better way?

Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 9153
Registration date : 2009-05-23

1/24/2012, 5:12 am
We've already discussed this but it would be a normal channel. Your TV idea is good, and we could even use Livestream for example (just upload the videos and let them playing indefinitely), it would look more like a TV channel like you said. The only downside is that Livestream needs to validate the channel by watching it and they don't wanna see copyrighted material (aside from games).

I think only mods and admins should have access to this (I am a mod :3 ), since we're also taking care of the site.

We'd also need a lot of new animations (and good ones), we don't get too many, and you Mr. N1nja, you should focus on your animations first. You can contribute too - by animating.

Oh yeah, the limit for people in YT is not by time, is by size. You can have a 5 hours long video, it just needs to be less than 2 GB in size. You also can't have copyright strikes on your channel.
Tal
Tal
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2011-08-20

1/24/2012, 9:23 am
sounds like a good idea, and when did you guys discussed it?

"Interesting sig text"

OFFICIAL SPRITAS CHANNEL!  Youtub10
Jellal
Jellal
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2524
Registration date : 2011-03-19

1/24/2012, 10:06 am
@Leo wrote:We've already discussed this but it would be a normal channel. Your TV idea is good, and we could even use Livestream for example (just upload the videos and let them playing indefinitely), it would look more like a TV channel like you said. The only downside is that Livestream needs to validate the channel by watching it and they don't wanna see copyrighted material (aside from games).

I think only mods and admins should have access to this (I am a mod :3 ), since we're also taking care of the site.

We'd also need a lot of new animations (and good ones), we don't get too many, and you Mr. N1nja, you should focus on your animations first. You can contribute too - by animating.

Oh yeah, the limit for people in YT is not by time, is by size. You can have a 5 hours long video, it just needs to be less than 2 GB in size. You also can't have copyright strikes on your channel.
I've never had any problems using livestream to display copyrighted material.
'Sides, I thought it'd be better to display animations, and then have an hour or two of a good animator animating for everyone to take notes and observe from.

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.
Deuteronomy 13:7-12
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator

1/24/2012, 3:55 pm
Yeah that would be good, but besides needing animations regularly we'd also need some animators.

And well, Livestream isn't the only streaming site out there.
Kane
Kane
Spritan
Spritan

1/24/2012, 4:46 pm
@Leo wrote:Yeah that would be good, but besides needing animations regularly we'd also need some animators.

And well, Livestream isn't the only streaming site out there.

We could just start off with having Tutorials and adding Eric's tutorials, then adding Leo's textboxes, which would give us a great jumpstart for us to get animations ready.
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator

1/24/2012, 5:20 pm
Nah that tutorial is terrible.

I could try to record another talking about what I do in a normal sprite movie.
Kane
Kane
Spritan
Spritan

1/24/2012, 5:45 pm
@Leo wrote:Nah that tutorial is terrible.

I could try to record another talking about what I do in a normal sprite movie.

Sure, or drawing, that'd be awesome.
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator

1/24/2012, 5:52 pm
Maybe regular animation talk, and how you can apply such things in sprite movies.
N1nja
N1nja
Spritan
Spritan

1/24/2012, 8:07 pm
*sighs* So I guess in the end I have been denied...
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

1/24/2012, 8:54 pm
noooo we're discussing it.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
N1nja
N1nja
Spritan
Spritan

1/24/2012, 9:14 pm
You all are discussing something slightly and yet totally different from my original ideal,
And if you read some of the earlier posts it was denied pretty early one.

What's going on now sounds more like a Youtube channel dedicated to helping animators, which isn't a bad idea in it's own respect.
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator

1/24/2012, 9:17 pm
No. Just a small part of it.
Like having a time of the day where we could air some tutorials, tips and other stuff.

Aside from this, just a regular showcase channel.
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12925
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

1/24/2012, 10:56 pm
They basically said everything that needed to besaid, i'm too late D:

The main problem is that we wouldn't keep up with it (we barely keep up with AotW, and not really anymore), and we have way too few animations to post, people don't animate super often. Cool but unrealistic.

OFFICIAL SPRITAS CHANNEL!  Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Kane
Kane
Spritan
Spritan

1/24/2012, 11:23 pm
@Granadico wrote:They basically said everything that needed to besaid, i'm too late D:

The main problem is that we wouldn't keep up with it (we barely keep up with AotW, and not really anymore), and we have way too few animations to post, people don't animate super often. Cool but unrealistic.

If we had a youtube channel it'd give us iniutitive, right now we all need a good motivational animation to boost our spirits
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

1/24/2012, 11:41 pm
when mah movie is finished it'll be something to look forward to :3

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Jellal
Jellal
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2524
Registration date : 2011-03-19

1/24/2012, 11:44 pm
Oh please, we all know all of you only live just to see my animations.

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.
Deuteronomy 13:7-12
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

1/24/2012, 11:47 pm
Joey's animations are awesome.

OFFICIAL SPRITAS CHANNEL!  CA355

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Kane
Kane
Spritan
Spritan

1/24/2012, 11:59 pm
@Jellal wrote:Oh please, we all know all of you only live just to see my animations.

Wait... your an animator?!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum