Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Rayman Origins Empty Rayman Origins

on 1/2/2012, 4:37 am
I can't tell you all how happy I am that modern game devs somewhere had the balls to make a major retail game that's actually HARD hard, like the good old days. You have to earn your victory with this game. Btw I beat it, with exactly 200 electoon emblems collected. I'm now up to 220 out of 246, and yes I got every Soul Tooth and beat Land of the Livid Dead.

About the game though, its the only Rayman game since the original I actually care about. In fact, they did a spectacular job bringing back almost everything about the original I loved so much, while still dramatically improving it as a game. If you have never played the original Rayman, I pity you and can only pray you do. Yes, it is a very hard platform game too, but also brilliant in its art direction. Every Rayman game after it I have either disliked or hated... until Rayman Origins.

Like some oldschool platformers, this game actually is a "die in one hit" game. You can grab a heart every once in a while which lets you take one extra hit without dying. You get infinite lives, and if you die, you immediately respawn at a checkpoint. However if you're not a good gamer, those infinite lives will just leave you screaming obscenities at your tv screen forever. Hahahahahahaha. Many parts of the game involve navigating big moving shifting death traps, sometimes demanding perfection in your accuracy and timing. Its well worth it though, because the game is beautiful and has a genius soundtrack, and over 50 long, evil merciless platforming levels. If you actually have some balls as a gamer and you're not looking for another hand holding sissy game that just walks you through a long interactive cutscene, which is basically most every game made today, you ought to play this game. I will respect you for at least trying it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Rayman Origins Fzero%20death%20race
Blackleafe
Blackleafe
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2011-06-01

Rayman Origins Empty Re: Rayman Origins

on 1/2/2012, 4:40 am
I never played rayman coz i never had any change... awww you make it sound like a missed half of my life ^_^

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Rayman Origins Nimeta12
Leo
Leo
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

on 1/2/2012, 7:01 am
Man.

I loved Rayman. Still, didn't get this game but will probably do so. If I can't get it, I'll just play at a friend's house.

Like some oldschool platformers, this game actually is a "die in one hit" game. You can grab a heart every once in a while which lets you take one extra hit without dying. You get infinite lives, and if you die, you immediately respawn at a checkpoint. However if you're not a good gamer, those infinite lives will just leave you screaming obscenities at your tv screen forever. Hahahahahahaha. Many parts of the game involve navigating big moving shifting death traps, sometimes demanding perfection in your accuracy and timing. Its well worth it though, because the game is beautiful and has a genius soundtrack, and over 50 long, evil merciless platforming levels. If you actually have some balls as a gamer and you're not looking for another hand holding sissy game that just walks you through a long interactive cutscene, which is basically most every game made today, you ought to play this game. I will respect you for at least trying it.

Love these games.
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29

on 1/2/2012, 9:30 am
the game is 29.99 now is it really good?

Rayman Origins Untitl15
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

on 1/2/2012, 11:30 am
I've always wanted to play rayman but never got around to it.

who here thinks hed be awsome in smash?

Rayman Origins Ichigo10
Tal
Tal
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 3972
Registration date : 2011-08-20

on 1/2/2012, 1:59 pm
i mostly like the raving rabbids, that is one legendary game.

"Interesting sig text"

Rayman Origins Youtub10
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/2/2012, 2:07 pm
@Leo wrote:Man.

I loved Rayman. Still, didn't get this game but will probably do so. If I can't get it, I'll just play at a friend's house.

Love these games.
LOL I thought of you first quarter soon as I first saw this game

Rayman Origins Untitl15
Tal
Tal
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/2/2012, 2:10 pm
for what console is this?

"Interesting sig text"

Rayman Origins Youtub10
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/2/2012, 2:14 pm
If im not mistaken all of em

Rayman Origins Untitl15
Tal
Tal
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/2/2012, 2:16 pm
it's for the PS3, wii and xbox 360, ok i'll get it for the wii and try it out..

"Interesting sig text"

Rayman Origins Youtub10
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/2/2012, 2:21 pm
yea I know its for the ps3 and wii.....not sure bout the "box"

Rayman Origins Untitl15
Tal
Tal
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/2/2012, 2:24 pm
yup it is, unless wiki is lying to me...

"Interesting sig text"

Rayman Origins Youtub10
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/2/2012, 2:27 pm
this game looks so fun

Rayman Origins Untitl15
Tal
Tal
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/2/2012, 2:32 pm
yeah i actually saw it a couple of days ago in an upcoming games video...

"Interesting sig text"

Rayman Origins Youtub10
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/2/2012, 2:36 pm
I was in a gamestop and was gonna buy it but I saw the price so drastically drop and was put off by it

Rayman Origins Untitl15
Tal
Tal
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/2/2012, 2:37 pm
how much is it now?

"Interesting sig text"

Rayman Origins Youtub10
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/2/2012, 2:43 pm
from 59.99 to 29.99

Rayman Origins Untitl15
Tal
Tal
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/2/2012, 2:44 pm
oh, ya know i bet on my country it costs 75 dollras...

"Interesting sig text"

Rayman Origins Youtub10
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/2/2012, 2:46 pm
thats crazy.......god bless america

Rayman Origins Untitl15
Kane
Kane
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1691
Registration date : 2011-03-09

on 1/2/2012, 2:50 pm
@Mr Lange wrote:I can't tell you all how happy I am that modern game devs somewhere had the balls to make a major retail game that's actually HARD hard, like the good old days. You have to earn your victory with this game. Btw I beat it, with exactly 200 electoon emblems collected. I'm now up to 220 out of 246, and yes I got every Soul Tooth and beat Land of the Livid Dead.

About the game though, its the only Rayman game since the original I actually care about. In fact, they did a spectacular job bringing back almost everything about the original I loved so much, while still dramatically improving it as a game. If you have never played the original Rayman, I pity you and can only pray you do. Yes, it is a very hard platform game too, but also brilliant in its art direction. Every Rayman game after it I have either disliked or hated... until Rayman Origins.

Fuck you respect me? Finally... awww thanks man.

Anyway I got it and it's pretty fun, it wasn't all what I expected because of it being all 3D but it's pretty fun/annoying at times.
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12956
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

on 1/2/2012, 2:50 pm
Never looked interesting to me :\

Rayman Origins Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Tal
Tal
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/2/2012, 2:51 pm
@Face wrote:thats crazy.......god bless america

i never saw a game in israel that costs less then 50 dollars....

"Interesting sig text"

Rayman Origins Youtub10
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/2/2012, 2:54 pm
@Granadico wrote:Never looked interesting to me :\
I remember playing the first one......pissed me off but I loved it

Rayman Origins Untitl15
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2009-09-07

on 1/2/2012, 4:20 pm
Played the demo. Fucking amazing.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/7/2012, 12:42 pm
@NS01 wrote:Played the demo. Fucking amazing.
...there a demo!!!??

Rayman Origins Untitl15
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum