Go down
smileyhate
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Advanced Animation Tutorial Empty Advanced Animation Tutorial

5/19/2010, 4:16 pm
This TUT is a help to those who wanna have smoother and more realistic animations. If you pay good attention to it you might learn some useful tips. In this TUT it requires good patient and alot of practice to archieve it's goal.

Let's get started.... We all know what tween is right? if not then it is much this is what it will look like Advanced Animation Tutorial Fe3u5k. I see many of you overuse them ALOT!! Like when you jump and slide. Right now i will teach you how i animate.
As you can see this is a basic tweened and frame by frame Jump . If you pay good attention you can actually see there is a difference. The tweened is moved at the same normal speed while the key by key is actually more smoother. Depends on the patterns you use. When you make a jump make the object start as jumping fast like maybe 10 pixels up. Make a new keyframe and make him go 7 pixels up. After that you use 5-3-2-1. That's al there is to cover. If the jump is not high enough you can maybe double or make your own patterns on how yo jump. this is only a basic one. Now that you are up on the air you need the character to go down again. You jsut use the same pattern you used before and reverse it like 1-2-3-4-5-7-10. That's how you make a proper land/fall or wahtever you wanna use it. That's how gravity works.

Now to slide. There isn't much difference on the slide and jump part. The slide is basicly horizontal and use less patterns. Like 3-2-1 or 5-3-2-1. Mostly used when an object land after a power full impact or something. Not much of a different. Example of a slide: http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1274299555 I used a 15-10-7-5-3-2-1 since it was a big jump and land. Depends on how fast and how much force he used to land.

Well that's about it

If you think there is another solution then post it. I only posted this to show how to get the animations to be more smooth and not so choppy. Tween is only used to walk are make things glow and all that. Hope this help other people out on their animations. If you think this is too much then you should just stick to your own style. If you have question the leave a comment =)
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12958
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

Advanced Animation Tutorial Empty Re: Advanced Animation Tutorial

5/19/2010, 10:20 pm
maybe an example vid/pic?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Advanced Animation Tutorial Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
smileyhate
Spritan
Spritan

5/20/2010, 12:22 am
I'm busy atm. I will update after
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29

5/26/2010, 8:27 pm
I'm confused.....I'll come back when you have visuals because I'm really interested in making my animation look more realistic.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Advanced Animation Tutorial Untitl15
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2008-10-20

5/26/2010, 8:39 pm
madfacespriter wrote:I'm confused.....I'll come back when you have visuals because I'm really interested in making my animation look more realistic.
Motion tween
click between the frames
mess with the eases
positive easing results in a fast start slow finish
negative easing results in slow start fast finish.
I explained that here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfuzTig0q4g

Watch your ass.
Advanced Animation Tutorial Banned1a7c7e438gif
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29

5/26/2010, 9:29 pm
Ahhhhhh that's what he meant OK thank you my good si..... rubbery......pencil??

Advanced Animation Tutorial Untitl15
TheCaptainBadAss
TheCaptainBadAss
Banned
Banned
Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2010-04-24

5/27/2010, 1:30 am
Doesn't make any sense at all <3
and that jump wasn't all that smooth
And easing is an interval rated tween, just saves the effort

Perhaps...we all mad?
smileyhate
Spritan
Spritan

5/27/2010, 6:05 am
Well i rushed it... ._. And eric posted something more sexier ^^ Maybe ill watch his TUT
Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 13142
Registration date : 2009-03-28

5/29/2010, 9:16 pm
Eased tweening isn't always the solution for an animation being "smooth". Using eases only make certain movements seem more realistic. Not at the same pace throughout the entire tween. Although doing so will not help. If you don't have tweens in a little fighting clip, what are you going to do?

Making things appear more realistic can help drastically. Easing will help, but not for the most part. There are many things you have to take into perspective. The interactions between characters, physics, depth, trying to take certain things that happen in real life. Although if you tried to make an animation extremely accurate to real life, it would probably be boring...
TheCaptainBadAss
TheCaptainBadAss
Banned
Banned

5/29/2010, 10:03 pm
Pattiasina24 wrote:Eased tweening isn't always the solution for an animation being "smooth". Using eases only make certain movements seem more realistic. Not at the same pace throughout the entire tween. Although doing so will not help. If you don't have tweens in a little fighting clip, what are you going to do?

Making things appear more realistic can help drastically. Easing will help, but not for the most part. There are many things you have to take into perspective. The interactions between characters, physics, depth, trying to take certain things that happen in real life. Although if you tried to make an animation extremely accurate to real life, it would probably be boring...
We never said easing made something smooth :O

Perhaps...we all mad?
Patt
Administrator
Administrator

5/29/2010, 10:17 pm
@smileyhate wrote:This TUT is a help to those who wanna have smoother and more realistic animations. If you pay good attention to it you might learn some useful tips. In this TUT it requires good patient and alot of practice to archieve it's goal.

Oh okay.
TheCaptainBadAss
TheCaptainBadAss
Banned
Banned

5/29/2010, 10:27 pm
Pattiasina24 wrote:
@smileyhate wrote:This TUT is a help to those who wanna have smoother and more realistic animations. If you pay good attention to it you might learn some useful tips. In this TUT it requires good patient and alot of practice to archieve it's goal.

Oh okay.
Interval, not easing. :O

Perhaps...we all mad?
Patt
Administrator
Administrator

5/29/2010, 10:28 pm
@TheCaptainBadAss wrote:
Pattiasina24 wrote:

Oh okay.
Interval, not easing. :O
It's pretty much easing in fbf.
lfanimator
lfanimator
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2012-07-16

7/16/2012, 11:30 pm
thanks Surprised
xShufflee
xShufflee
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2012-08-19

8/20/2012, 10:13 pm
Can you post example I don't know how its supposed to look like :<.

I'm a dragon rawr :3.

Skype is: allan-san1

Add me broooos. :)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum