Go down
Spritan
Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2010-06-22
View user profilehttps://www.facebook.com/Dappiahkumi
Ok... I just put Photoshop in my Arsenal of flash animation programs. But when I got to use it I come up with a big question mark? Why? You may ask. Because I don't know where to start first. I want to add some coolness to my animations but I don't know what or how to start. For example the cool self made effects that look like they were made in flash but but they could have easily been made in Photoshop.

So does any body have any cool tricks & tips to help me get the hang of making effects in Photoshop and Flash?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Spritan
Number of posts : 3097
Registration date : 2010-12-13
View user profile
well if u go to the render setting and select lens flare u can make a custom Sun type for ur animations also do some stars and a moon I thinks theres Tutorials also u can create ur own BG's 2

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Skype Lawls:
Spoiler:

Avatar by LeeTheHedgeHog and userbar done by SynsterB

Spritan
@Luigiman364 wrote:well if u go to the render setting and select lens flare u can make a custom Sun type for ur animations also do some stars and a moon I thinks theres Tutorials also u can create ur own BG's 2

Ok thanks, I think I can use the lens thing.

Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23
View user profile
There's like tons of stuff you can do with Photoshopt that it would take 10 pages just to start.

Learn the basics, like why the blend modes do what they do, learn tips and other nifty stuff and so on.

Also there's other programs for doing effects for Flash. particleIllusion is one that I use alot along with PS and I'm also trying to learn about After Effects.

But take my advice : Learn everything you can about Photoshop, you'll soon notice that you have such a powerful program in your computer.
Spritan
Number of posts : 20163
Registration date : 2010-09-15
View user profile
You can't make your own effects in Particle illusions bro but they're great.

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23
View user profile
Actually you can.
You just have to look further, it's possible.
Spritan
Number of posts : 6081
Registration date : 2009-09-07
View user profile
I'm also trying to learn about After Effects.

About time.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Spritan
View user profile
@NS01 wrote:
I'm also trying to learn about After Effects.

About time.
Lmfao I know that nigga should have been learning about that ages ago.

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Administrator
Number of posts : 13138
Registration date : 2009-03-28
View user profile
Photoshop is nice to make your effects in, not needed though. You can also make them in Flash as well, I generally will use Photoshop for the dust effects, because it is easier to draw them there. In Flash, it is easier to draw hit effects, but you can make them in Photoshop as well, using the blends and filters to help you. However, most will suggest to use Photoshop because it is more powerful, but I still feel like Flash will do more for your hit effects. But if you like glows and what not, then I guess you can draw it in Photoshop and import it into Flash.

You do not need to use After Effects for your effects. Basically people will use them because the animation is done itself on After Effects because it is a tweening program. It will have the effects made for you, but the defaults are pretty crappy, so you can edit the information to make something nice. From there you can just import it into Flash as well. After Effects can be a nice addition, but I suggest leaving that for later, because you have have beautiful animations without it.

[The Return]
Spritan
View user profile
Nuff said. I think we've covered all your questions.

Spritan
Ok then someone lock this please then I'm going to do some major effect making practice. So thanks for the tips everyone.

Administrator
Number of posts : 13138
Registration date : 2009-03-28
View user profile
Locked and Solved.

[The Return]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum