Go down
Quon
Quon
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2011-11-26

New Kirby Animator Approaching? Empty New Kirby Animator Approaching?

11/26/2011, 11:45 pm
Hi my name is Quon, may be a cliché introduction but hey at least it is one! I don't care how you pronounce my name but for those who care its best pronounced KU-ON. Hence where I got the name, its a spin off of one of my favorite anime "K-ON!". I am a huge anime and final fantasy fan so I enjoy talking about the two in almost any conversation I have. As for animating I have to say I have been messing around with flash for literally YEARS but have yet to post nor finish a single project. My inspiration comes from DestructionSeries animations and how he animates Kirby to such an extent that it could even topple sonic and Mario's domain over the flash universe. His "comic style" animating as he calls is also extremely unique and I hope to adopt a style to call my own someday to. I don't care for animating Mario or sonic very much since when I see other people do it, it just becomes shunned as a "smbz knockoff" or something which I personally do not understand since alvin earthworm does not even own either of the characters, but it is what it is I may get trolled or flamed for that sentence but this is an introduction so im expressing my opinion and I hope people will understand that. I am ALWAYS looking for tips and people to help me get started on animations and guide me on the right path, and to talk anime with Very Happy. You can always reach me via aim, email, skype or even post on my youtube page: Screenname Quon, Skype= micheal.callwood

___________________________________________________________________________________________

New Kirby Animator Approaching? QuonProductionsLogo-1
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12956
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

New Kirby Animator Approaching? Empty Re: New Kirby Animator Approaching?

11/26/2011, 11:47 pm
K-ON, one of the most overrated animes this generation :\

Welcome though

___________________________________________________________________________________________

New Kirby Animator Approaching? Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Crazyfilms5000
Crazyfilms5000
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2248
Registration date : 2010-08-01

11/26/2011, 11:48 pm
Welcome to The Spritas, I would like to see some of your work. Sounds like you would be highly skilled in some areas. Cool

New Kirby Animator Approaching? 2q1w31i
"Fuck Bitches, Make Money, Fuck More Bitches ~ DatLife"
Current Projects: SSJ2 Gohan vs Majin Vegeta
ShoopDaWhoop
ShoopDaWhoop
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2011-09-03

11/27/2011, 1:43 am
IF YOU'RE AN ANIME LOVER THAN WELL GET ALONG FINE,IVE WATCHED MILLIONS.

soz caps locks.

New Kirby Animator Approaching? Tumblr_mep4soITfz1r8kmk7o1_500
Leo
Leo
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

11/27/2011, 7:06 am
@Quon wrote:I don't care for animating Mario or sonic very much since when I see other people do it, it just becomes shunned as a "smbz knockoff" or something which I personally do not understand since alvin earthworm does not even own either of the characters, but it is what it is I may get trolled or flamed for that sentence but this is an introduction so im expressing my opinion and I hope people will understand that.

Problem is that when those are called SMBZ ripoffs is that Alvin has somewhat a peculiar style of animating. Other people being so inspired by that seem to flat out copy his anims.

But I animate Mario and Sonic as much as other people do on this site and we never get such comments : D

With that out of the way, welcome man.
And well, I don't like anime that much...maybe you'll find someone else to talk with :/
Quon
Quon
Spritan
Spritan

11/27/2011, 11:02 am
Nice shoop its always a pleasure to meet other people who watch just as much as me lets see if we share some common interest in a particular anime some time Very Happy. and Leo your right I was actually going to mention that some people do flat out copy the style and that is what I would consider copying. and I love to talk about other things aswell not just anime lol but thanks for the welcome you all. This seems like a pretty good community Very Happy

Blackleafe
Blackleafe
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2011-06-01

11/27/2011, 11:18 am
Welcome! I'm Blackleafe (Pingboy calls me Black konoha and Blacko) and some call me Blacky... either way you remind me about myself... i don't care much about mario and sonic either... i mainly use JUS style and LF2 style sprites and we both mess with Flash getting nothing good to show... if you need help and tips just ask.

New Kirby Animator Approaching? Nimeta12
Quon
Quon
Spritan
Spritan

11/27/2011, 11:27 am
@Blackleafe wrote:Welcome! I'm Blackleafe (Pingboy calls me Black konoha and Blacko) and some call me Blacky... either way you remind me about myself... i don't care much about mario and sonic either... i mainly use JUS style and LF2 style sprites and we both mess with Flash getting nothing good to show... if you need help and tips just ask.

Haha I have to say I like Blacky so I'll stick with that if you don't mind, and yea im working on something now which involves experimenting with some fan characters and designs. As you can see in my profile pic is a VERY early design of a Kirby FC and I really do not plan to stick with it but for an avatar's sake I needed one Very Happy

Patt
Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 13141
Registration date : 2009-03-28

11/27/2011, 3:03 pm
Welcome to the Spritas! Enjoy your stay. : )

New Kirby Animator Approaching? Purple11

[The Return]
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15

11/27/2011, 5:56 pm
You're VERY smart. You deserve some ass.
Spoiler:

Hi. I'm Pingboy. The most notable Spritan in Spritas who has dedicated his time to help others in need of anything. I'm friends with anyone, and I think you're Kirby Fan Character is kick-booty.
You deserve the seal of booty.
New Kirby Animator Approaching? Sea11

New Kirby Animator Approaching? Lolcoo46

New Kirby Animator Approaching? Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Quon
Quon
Spritan
Spritan

11/27/2011, 6:22 pm
haha thx, but thats a design I really do not plan to use for anything other than a joke video. Nice booty vid too Very Happy

Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

11/27/2011, 9:09 pm
Nah nah see I'm obsessed with ass and I take it srsly.
When I give my booty seal of approval you're approved by me and you're in the Pinghood that is full with Luxury and Ass.

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Crash
Crash
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2010-04-07

11/27/2011, 10:03 pm
yeah and its contagious^^

im brother crash and i like to animate and draw and shit friends? Very Happy

New Kirby Animator Approaching? 50fe6f8bcc
W A V E D A S H B O Y Z

Respect your elders.
Tal
Tal
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 3972
Registration date : 2011-08-20

11/28/2011, 12:51 pm
hi dude i'm tal9x9.

and i really like the kirby right back at ya anime...so i like kirby and anime both.

hope you like it here

"Interesting sig text"

New Kirby Animator Approaching? Youtub10
Quon
Quon
Spritan
Spritan

11/28/2011, 3:15 pm
Thank you all for the welcome its very appreciated Very Happy look forward to my work, I do not plan on disappointing any of you. I also didn't expect my kirby to be liked that much but now I think i'll do a short 30 sec vid of moves.

Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

11/28/2011, 8:16 pm
Tell us more about him!
- Bio
- Abilities
- Weaknesses
- [Animation]

Quon
Quon
Spritan
Spritan

11/28/2011, 9:08 pm
Named after me:
Quon, hes extremely confident in his abilities to handle almost any firearm he can get his hands on. His two Main weapons as you see in the picture are called Fenrir and Calamity. Which act as spiritual entities, they speak to him and give him insight and advice. Hes not very good at close quarters combat since few even make it so close to him.
As for weaknesses, like I said hes a poor CQC kind of guy. His overconfidence in his abilities often lead him to making rash and poor decisions which Fenrir and Calamity criticize him for.
As for animation, I plan to have a 30sec to 1min vid done of him just showcasing abilities on the ever so unfortunate sandbag, but I also have a series drafted up. But before I get to that I will most likely just do a few combat only videos to kind of see for myself where i am in skill wise with animating.

Patt
Patt
Administrator
Administrator

11/30/2011, 7:42 pm
Yeah you need an animation to showcase your character.

[The Return]
Quon
Quon
Spritan
Spritan

12/1/2011, 1:42 pm
@Patt wrote:Yeah you need an animation to showcase your character.
Yea but im going to change his design and give him distinct features other than the V he keeps on his brow. May choose a different color also idk im so indecisive with this guy right now :p

Patt
Patt
Administrator
Administrator

12/1/2011, 9:35 pm
Well just be sure to have one, it's needed or this gets locked.

[The Return]
Boomerbro
Boomerbro
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2011-12-05

12/9/2011, 10:40 pm
Hello, I'm new to the spritas. I'm not really a good animator, but I hope to learn from some of the best here. I am however, pretty good at spriting.
Tal
Tal
Spritan
Spritan

12/10/2011, 12:42 am
your character looks pretty good, in fact it's almost the best one i'v ever seen.

you should put a lot of work in to this, i'd really wish it was one of kirby's forms.

"Interesting sig text"

Blackleafe
Blackleafe
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2011-06-01

12/10/2011, 3:35 am
@Boomerbro wrote:Hello, I'm new to the spritas. I'm not really a good animator, but I hope to learn from some of the best here. I am however, pretty good at spriting.

Welcome but maybe you should make your own topic.

New Kirby Animator Approaching? Nimeta12
Tal
Tal
Spritan
Spritan

12/10/2011, 5:58 am
^ maybe he felt like he doesn't worth a topic

"Interesting sig text"

BDB
BDB
Number of posts : 3517
Registration date : 2008-11-04

12/10/2011, 10:05 am
Welcome to the Spritas man! I'm the Canadian (well one of them now) of this site! I haven't animated in a looooooooooooooong looooooooooooong time but I wish I would :C But yeah, I hope to see something from you very soon man! Very Happy

Click:
https://soundcloud.com/delgadobosso
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum