Go down
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2008-10-20
View user profile

Eric's shapes he makes with pencils - Page 2 Empty Re: Eric's shapes he makes with pencils

on 11/11/2011, 9:27 am
@Leo wrote:Yeah Eric, the knobs indeed do look flat.
Well it was hard to make it look like it popped out from that angle + how small it was. I also hate when the pencil led gets thick

@Knux wrote:That looks like the butterfly from spongebob :\
WORMY

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Watch your ass.
Eric's shapes he makes with pencils - Page 2 Banned1a7c7e438gif
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20163
Registration date : 2010-09-15
View user profile

Eric's shapes he makes with pencils - Page 2 Empty Re: Eric's shapes he makes with pencils

on 11/12/2011, 12:56 am
Turn on the A.C. bitch.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Eric's shapes he makes with pencils - Page 2 Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
View user profile

on 1/25/2012, 10:39 pm
Well how do you like them apples?
Eric's shapes he makes with pencils - Page 2 Apple_10

Watch your ass.
darkdragon581
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2994
Registration date : 2009-12-05
View user profile

on 1/25/2012, 10:42 pm
your perspective looks a bit off, it looks like the front apple is floating off the edge

other then that

dem apples
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
View user profile

on 1/25/2012, 10:44 pm
@darkdragon581 wrote:your perspective looks a bit off, it looks like the front apple is floating off the edge

other then that

dem apples
Yea i noticed that mistake after i charred my fingers shading the fuck out of it.
At which point, it was either go through hell trying to fix it, or drink orphan blood.
Needless to say i wasn't thirsty that night.

Watch your ass.
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12947
Registration date : 2008-11-18
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

on 1/25/2012, 11:47 pm
Basically what DD said but
Dat shading on the front apple

Eric's shapes he makes with pencils - Page 2 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Kane
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1691
Registration date : 2011-03-09
View user profile

on 1/25/2012, 11:56 pm
Pretty cool, the shapes a bit rough but pretty good, great job Eric lol
Jellal
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2524
Registration date : 2011-03-19
View user profile

on 1/26/2012, 12:00 am
@Eric wrote:
@darkdragon581 wrote:your perspective looks a bit off, it looks like the front apple is floating off the edge

other then that

dem apples
Yea i noticed that mistake after i charred my fingers shading the fuck out of it.
At which point, it was either go through hell trying to fix it, or drink orphan blood.
Needless to say i wasn't thirsty that night.
You're not supposed to use your finger to shade.
That's horrendously evil.

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.
Deuteronomy 13:7-12
Leo
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23
View user profile

on 1/26/2012, 6:22 am
Yeah. You either use a tortillion, or just cross-hatch the entire thing.

Plus you didn't use black too much, red apples are blacker in grayscale, so your drawing is too high-key, making it seem like a green apple.

But I see you're drawing strong strokes and not a bunch of little coward lines. That's good.
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
View user profile

on 1/26/2012, 7:11 am
@Leo wrote:Yeah. You either use a tortillion, or just cross-hatch the entire thing.

Plus you didn't use black too much, red apples are blacker in grayscale, so your drawing is too high-key, making it seem like a green apple.

But I see you're drawing strong strokes and not a bunch of little coward lines. That's good.
My ERT teacher said you shade with finger, that lying whore.
And maybe it was green apples, you inconsiderate swine.

also err, yea, strokes...not no pussy lines...yea.

Watch your ass.
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
View user profile

on 1/26/2012, 7:12 am
So my ERT teacher told me to do a self portrait thing.
And so I did. BEHOLD!
Eric's shapes he makes with pencils - Page 2 Drawin10

Again, shaded with finger.
And I've never hated my curly hair so much. I think it's pretty good for the level of skill I'm at.

Hard to draw my devilishly handsome face so i wont blame me.

I did it in like an hour, hastily. It was do or fail so i did it at the last second as fast as i can, which is why i didn't detail too much, especially on the jacket.
The eyes is what took for fucking ever.

Watch your ass.
Leo
View user profile

on 1/26/2012, 7:29 am
You can use your fingers, but our skin is oily so it messes up with the surface of the paper. It's better to cross-hatch (takes longer) or use a tortillion.

It's good for your current level.

However, your left ear is a bit too high. The shading is also kinda flat, it should be darkened a bit, and by your nose it seems that the light is in front of you. This postion of the lightsource flattens stuff a lot. Unless you wanted to shade it like that, but it still flattens things.

i think im gonna draw u bc i liek to practice k ~
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
View user profile

on 1/26/2012, 11:11 pm
@Leo wrote:You can use your fingers, but our skin is oily so it messes up with the surface of the paper. It's better to cross-hatch (takes longer) or use a tortillion.
lol wut

Unless you wanted to shade it like that, but it still flattens things.
I was using a reference, which is my passport picture, in which the light source was in front of me.
So yes.

Anyway a while ago my ERT teacher was making us use dot shading and drawing and stuff. Where you dot the fuck out of the paper instead of full straight lines, and even shade it with dots.
So i decided to do that monarch butterfly again, but with dots.
I don't think i did a good job at that, but then again I wasn't too fond of the idea of spamming dots around to form the shape of something and then even do the details for it. Do you know what hours of dotting a fucking piece of paper can do to you?! It's a sea of ellipsis! Dot...dot dot...dotty dot dot.
Eric's shapes he makes with pencils - Page 2 Dotted10

Incoming critique by leo..
"You only used 453476 dots, you're suppose to use 4676684 dots, other wise your dots will not be dotty enough, also the left wing has 3 dots too many. But it's ok i guess lol <3"

Watch your ass.
Leo
View user profile

on 1/27/2012, 7:14 am
It's good man.
I was not going to say that, but hahahahaha
The shadows are good, the transitions too, I squinted at your drawing and it seems very well blended like that.

Nice job.
BDB
Number of posts : 3516
Registration date : 2008-11-04
View user profile

on 1/27/2012, 11:26 am
Ohman, I remember having to do dot art in art class. In friggin colours too ._. But this is good!

Click:
https://soundcloud.com/delgadobosso
Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 13138
Registration date : 2009-03-28
View user profile

on 1/27/2012, 7:54 pm
You only used 453476 dots, you're suppose to use 4676684 dots, other wise your dots will not be dotty enough, also the left wing has 3 dots too many. But it's ok i guess lol <3

Eric's shapes he makes with pencils - Page 2 Purple11

[The Return]
Leo
View user profile

on 1/27/2012, 8:22 pm
Patt you suck, I was supposed to say that, not you
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12947
Registration date : 2008-11-18
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

on 1/27/2012, 8:23 pm
I like that drawing more than the actual butterfly

Eric's shapes he makes with pencils - Page 2 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Timmy
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1186
Registration date : 2010-11-08
View user profile

on 1/27/2012, 9:21 pm
You're work is good, it's just boring. You're going for the realistic look and the realistic look is usually boring.

Try making gesture drawings.

Spoiler:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
View user profile

on 1/27/2012, 9:49 pm
@Timmy wrote:You're work is good, it's just boring. You're going for the realistic look and the realistic look is usually boring.

Try making gesture drawings.
I'm going for realistic because i feel like that's the hardest, if you can do that then making cartoony stuff will be much easier, that and any other style. This isn't any serious work anyway, all of these had a reference (except the apples).

But nonetheless, this pays off once you begin doing things that are completely from your head

Watch your ass.
Timmy
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1186
Registration date : 2010-11-08
View user profile

on 1/27/2012, 9:57 pm
But, you can still add complex figure and shading to something unrealistic.

Spoiler:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
View user profile

on 1/27/2012, 10:01 pm
@Timmy wrote:But, you can still add complex figure and shading to something unrealistic.

Which is where you get ANIMU.

Watch your ass.
Leo
View user profile

on 1/28/2012, 5:45 am
@Eric wrote:I'm going for realistic because i feel like that's the hardest, if you can do that then making cartoony stuff will be much easier, that and any other style.

Actually, it doesn't make you instantly good at it.
You have to practice everything you wanna draw. If it's realism, great, then practice it. If it's cartoons, practice. If it's anime, practice it a lot.
In anime though, anatomy is still necessary and so are the basics, making realism kinda necessary. However anime can have such stylization making it seem very, very cartoony, and we all know cartoons can be very warped from reality (although if you're drawing a cartoony muscular man, it may be necessary to know a bit of anatomy too).

And you should start drawing from imagination already if you want that. Try going over the basics AND keep drawing from references, then one day try drawing what you have drawn (such as portaits for example) from your head. If you can't, keep trying, practice the basics, draw from references (from life is better, such a self-portait done with the aid of a mirror), and try again. Keep doing that until you get it. Same thing works for anatomy, shading and various other subjects.

@Eric wrote:This isn't any serious work anyway, all of these had a reference (except the apples).

This wasn't serious work because references were used?

lolwut
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
View user profile

on 1/28/2012, 9:24 am
@Leo wrote:

@Eric wrote:This isn't any serious work anyway, all of these had a reference (except the apples).

This wasn't serious work because references were used?

lolwut
I meant to say AND all of these had a reference.
They aren't serious works because they weren't things i were too passionate about drawing, I HAD to do them to pass my ERT class. Now something I would love to draw badly and then do it would be something serious, because i wouldn't need to rush, i could do it at my own pace and since it's something I WANT to do, more effort would be put in.

Watch your ass.
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19
View user profile

on 2/1/2012, 2:05 pm
When I die...
You stay away from my funeral.

Eric's shapes he makes with pencils - Page 2 Fzero%20death%20race
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum