Crazyfilms5000
Crazyfilms5000
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2248
Registration date : 2010-08-01

LSW OC: Devon Johnson A.K.A "Wezzy" Empty LSW OC: Devon Johnson A.K.A "Wezzy"

8/14/2011, 10:15 am
LSW OC: Devon Johnson A.K.A "Wezzy" J7t2c7 LSW OC: Devon Johnson A.K.A "Wezzy" 242u22s

I need help with shading, and pretty much EVERYTHING else. I just edited these myself from a Evil Goku sheet. I might make a full sheet, because I like this character.

Name: Wayne Lamont
Nickname (Battle Name): "Wezzy"
Powers: None yet, but is a very skilled fighter.
Weapons: Sword of the Silver Locus
Strength: A little above a body builder.
Speed: Hes the fasts man in the world, but he is lazy, so he wouldn't use his full speed too often.
Intelligence: Finished His 2 year of collage, going for his third year. He can hack average computers.
Likes: Crab Legs, Young Jezzy, Motorcycles, Video Games, Showing of his skills, Computers, Music, Booty, Chicks
Dislikes: Loosing, His mother, Foam Cups, Giant Keys, Dr. Larkis

[Play this While Reading His Story!!!]
Life Story (with many Plot Holes): he was born in California, with a Half-Black, Half-Mexican Dad and White Mom. His mom left his dad when he was 7, but nobody told him why. His father doesnt even know where she is to this day. He took Martial Arts since he was 12, because he was bullied in middle school for being smart. He started dressing gangsta after whooping the ass of every bully in his school. He was the most popular, in high school. He meet a girl named Vanessa, and she was hawt. He tried to start a relationship with her, but a threat to his entire city ruined it. A evil man by the name of Luke Fulliy a.k.a "Dr. Larkis" was going to blow a lot of shit up in short. Waynes master (Master Blade) told him he world be the only one skilled enough to defeat him. Using his sword of the silver locus his master handed down to him, he defeated Dr. Larkis over 9000 times. The sword is now hidden, for it is no longer of use, and he has become so strong that their is really no need for it. He went to collage and lived a normal collage life fucking and partying. Then after his 2 year of collage, his Master warned him of many new, more powerful, and serious threats that are coming to destroy him for the powerful sword he had hidden. He is now preparing for the new threats under going more training with his master...but will is be enough. Ehh who knows...I don't even have is full sheet yet haha.

So yeah...

Last edited by Crazyfilms5000 on 8/19/2011, 5:26 pm; edited 4 times in total

___________________________________________________________________________________________

LSW OC: Devon Johnson A.K.A "Wezzy" 2q1w31i
"Fuck Bitches, Make Money, Fuck More Bitches ~ DatLife"
Current Projects: SSJ2 Gohan vs Majin Vegeta
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2009-09-07

LSW OC: Devon Johnson A.K.A "Wezzy" Empty Re: LSW OC: Devon Johnson A.K.A "Wezzy"

8/14/2011, 10:39 am
O_O

Try not to take this offensively, but those sprites are terrible.

They need alot more work. But all it takes is practice really.
Crazyfilms5000
Crazyfilms5000
Spritan
Spritan

LSW OC: Devon Johnson A.K.A "Wezzy" Empty Re: LSW OC: Devon Johnson A.K.A "Wezzy"

8/14/2011, 10:42 am
@NS01 wrote:O_O

Try not to take this offensively, but those sprites are terrible.

They need alot more work. But all it takes is practice really.
I know that, posted here to see EXACTY what needed to be fixed up. I don't edit sprites and much as I animate them, so I thought I should get familiar with the editing area too.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2009-09-07

8/14/2011, 10:49 am
Well the face is kind of deformed. And his nose is huge.
It needs shading on the face, pants, and top.

His feet may need more work too. They're really small.

The punch sprite is fucked up. His nose has gotten even bigger and the shape of his head has changed.

Work on one sprite first. Before you go onto the next.

Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 13142
Registration date : 2009-03-28

8/14/2011, 11:07 am
You should seriously study the LSW sprites more. Try to understand how those work before trying to create your custom character. LSW doesn't mean you can get away with shitty sprites. ;-;

Your sprites look very irregular and disoriented. When I first saw these sprites I wasn't sure if you were trolling or being serious. But I saw your post about you wanting to actually get somewhere and wanting to learn how to fix your mistakes. This is good to hear. ^^

I suggest researching LSW sprites a bit more if you haven't already. This will help you understand the art style and how it works. This will give you a bit more experience with the sprites as well. Doing this, you will be able to understand how these sprites work and how you can use them and apply your own color to it.

To start off, I personally would try to learn the lighting. Learning the lighting will help you figure out which way you should shade. However first you would need to know how to shade overall. Remember, pillow-shading, or shading evenly on all sides does not give a good return. After you get the shades and lighting down, perhaps by using other LSW sprites and clearing off the shading, then pretending the light source is from another direction you will understand this fully and get a decent grasp on it.

Now that you understand how to do the coloring and shit, you can actually move out to do custom poses. For basics, use the original LSW sprites, without the edits or anything on them. Custom some poses that you feel would be necessary for someone who would be making an LSW animation. Then you will actually basically, fully understand LSW sprites from head to toe.

Finally you're able to move on to test this with your own sprites. From now you should understand it all and be able to move one without anymore guidance. However everyone will still be here to help.

This is rough way to learn how to do custom/edit these sprites. This is obviously a long-term thing and you shouldn't rush it in anyway. To actually master this, it could take months, or even years. But when you get there you will love it. ^^
Kane
Kane
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1691
Registration date : 2011-03-09

8/15/2011, 4:33 am
You didn't include me... -tears- I'm not as good as JAYDEN BUT I'M PROBABLY SECOND BEST LSW SPRITER HERE!

-C+C Mode-
I'll start off with the sprites itself.

Colours:

Colours need to be smooth, nice to look at and not too dark or light. They need to not be from the simple paint colour pack however you can edit the colours from there. If you need to change colours look for the edit colour button, go to custom or something and play around with the settings. You should honestly use 2 tones for shading but 3 is allowed as well or just go unshaded.

Timezone:

Honestly, those sprites don't fix the current LSW timezone. Mojo probably doesn't completely either but his character necessarily doesn't fight other newer LSW sprites. Now look at Kaige (Spelt right?) his character can fit in within the timezone but just because, well its on a decent base and it can fit in with other sprites because of its quality and shading.

Generally LSW sprites have no line under the bottom of their feet, they have some AA as in no outline around every part of the body but it should be occasional. LSW spriting takes a while as a concept to get around, unless by any chance you just want to edit a sprite and recolour it and thats fine but you won't get as much praise.

Last of all:

The LSW sprites don't have a nose and it looks pretty funny and also the pants are too baggy man, way to baggy. Just write in "spriting on a whim" in google and click on the site and browse through the sprites and see what I mean. If you take them and use them GIVE CREDIT TO ANGRYBOY.

Kay done and I'm tired, going to get a drink.

YungBlaze
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-03-25

8/15/2011, 12:51 pm
you forget bout blaze young sir lol
Leo
Leo
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

8/15/2011, 3:11 pm
You forgot me

Well these guys above me have said everything.

But seriously Crazy, it not even did look you were trying.
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15

8/15/2011, 3:13 pm
@Patt wrote:You should seriously study the LSW sprites more. Try to understand how those work before trying to create your custom character. LSW doesn't mean you can get away with shitty sprites. ;-;

Your sprites look very irregular and disoriented. When I first saw these sprites I wasn't sure if you were trolling or being serious. But I saw your post about you wanting to actually get somewhere and wanting to learn how to fix your mistakes. This is good to hear. ^^

I suggest researching LSW sprites a bit more if you haven't already. This will help you understand the art style and how it works. This will give you a bit more experience with the sprites as well. Doing this, you will be able to understand how these sprites work and how you can use them and apply your own color to it.

To start off, I personally would try to learn the lighting. Learning the lighting will help you figure out which way you should shade. However first you would need to know how to shade overall. Remember, pillow-shading, or shading evenly on all sides does not give a good return. After you get the shades and lighting down, perhaps by using other LSW sprites and clearing off the shading, then pretending the light source is from another direction you will understand this fully and get a decent grasp on it.

Now that you understand how to do the coloring and shit, you can actually move out to do custom poses. For basics, use the original LSW sprites, without the edits or anything on them. Custom some poses that you feel would be necessary for someone who would be making an LSW animation. Then you will actually basically, fully understand LSW sprites from head to toe.

Finally you're able to move on to test this with your own sprites. From now you should understand it all and be able to move one without anymore guidance. However everyone will still be here to help.

This is rough way to learn how to do custom/edit these sprites. This is obviously a long-term thing and you shouldn't rush it in anyway. To actually master this, it could take months, or even years. But when you get there you will love it. ^^
Bravo. Bravo. *claps*

LSW OC: Devon Johnson A.K.A "Wezzy" Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Patt
Administrator
Administrator

8/16/2011, 12:06 am
^ Did he just not comment about the booty on the sheet... : O
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

8/16/2011, 12:20 am
What wtf I didn't even see that-- WOW.

It's pixely but it's fap worthy.

Edit: yup I fapped off of it. Mad sure I imagined myself pounding that shit.

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Patt
Administrator
Administrator

8/16/2011, 12:20 am

Need I say it again.
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

8/16/2011, 12:29 am
^ Thanks, bubba.

@Kane wrote:You didn't include me... -tears- I'm not as good as JAYDEN BUT I'M PROBABLY SECOND BEST LSW SPRITER HERE!

-C+C Mode-
I'll start off with the sprites itself.

Colours:

Colours need to be smooth, nice to look at and not too dark or light. They need to not be from the simple paint colour pack however you can edit the colours from there. If you need to change colours look for the edit colour button, go to custom or something and play around with the settings. You should honestly use 2 tones for shading but 3 is allowed as well or just go unshaded.

Timezone:

Honestly, those sprites don't fix the current LSW timezone. Mojo probably doesn't completely either but his character necessarily doesn't fight other newer LSW sprites. Now look at Kaige (Spelt right?) his character can fit in within the timezone but just because, well its on a decent base and it can fit in with other sprites because of its quality and shading.

Generally LSW sprites have no line under the bottom of their feet, they have some AA as in no outline around every part of the body but it should be occasional. LSW spriting takes a while as a concept to get around, unless by any chance you just want to edit a sprite and recolour it and thats fine but you won't get as much praise.

Last of all:

The LSW sprites don't have a nose and it looks pretty funny and also the pants are too baggy man, way to baggy. Just write in "spriting on a whim" in google and click on the site and browse through the sprites and see what I mean. If you take them and use them GIVE CREDIT TO ANGRYBOY.

Kay done and I'm tired, going to get a drink.

EXCELLENT review. Good for you.

Patt
Administrator
Administrator

8/16/2011, 12:31 am
Some of the stuff Kane said isn't actually relevant to the sprite itself lmfao. That is generally saying more about the actual look of the LSW to make it seem more LSW. Not quite improving the sprite or anything. Serious
YungBlaze
Spritan
Spritan

8/16/2011, 12:36 am
i know that ass anywhere lol its ice teas wife,
Mistah_Jayden
Mistah_Jayden
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2009-04-06

8/16/2011, 12:39 am
Arizona got a wife? No fuckin way. His money bagged not him.

As for the sprite.........the gods can't even bless it. I suggest you re-do it in LSW standards.
He looks like one of the hoodlums I see in the Bronx.
Patt
Administrator
Administrator

8/16/2011, 12:44 am
LMFAO.

ONE OF THE HOODLUMS.

FROM THE BRONX.

LMFAO.
Mistah_Jayden
Mistah_Jayden
Spritan
Spritan

8/16/2011, 12:51 am
HE DOES!

He looks like some Crip dude from the Bronx and his homeboy from jail Bubba stickin the middle finger at random people.
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

8/16/2011, 1:29 am
^ Oh my god that shit cracked me up.

PsychoDino
PsychoDino
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2010-12-03
http://psychodino3.deviantart.com/https://twitter.com/PsychoDino

8/16/2011, 1:57 am
Here watch these they may help you with lsw sprites:

Part 2:

Crazyfilms5000
Crazyfilms5000
Spritan
Spritan

8/16/2011, 8:52 am
LSW OC: Devon Johnson A.K.A "Wezzy" Wu022r

This is completely custom made...and it still sucks..

Thanks for the tips though, hell of alot better, amirite?? Cool

Last edited by Crazyfilms5000 on 8/19/2011, 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

PsychoDino
PsychoDino
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2010-12-03
http://psychodino3.deviantart.com/https://twitter.com/PsychoDino

8/16/2011, 9:03 am
Your getting there. Keep on trying man.
Mistah_Jayden
Mistah_Jayden
Spritan
Spritan

8/16/2011, 10:16 am
Oh ALOT better.
Patt
Administrator
Administrator

8/16/2011, 11:11 am
A lot better, but did you try some anti-aliasing. Surprised
YungBlaze
Spritan
Spritan

8/16/2011, 11:19 am
befor you could run you gotta walk, start with edits of the classic sheets then move up to 100% customs
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum