Go down
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 11632
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

Sound problem, event like a stream. Empty Sound problem, event like a stream.

7/18/2011, 3:03 pm
OK, so this isn't really effecting my flash at all but it's just something that's been bothering me... I've been animating this flash for about two days, two days in I've got about 68 seconds, that's not really important but when I go back to play it regularly, just pressing enter on the timeline and I press it again to stop it, the sound that plays that I have clearly set to event stops like a stream does. ok lemme see if I can explain this clearly

stream: if you press enter on the timline and press it again while the sound is still playing, it stops. if you drag your mouse along the timeline to highlight frames the sound plays frame by frame

Event: if you play this on the timeline and stop it mid sound, it continues until the sound file ends. if you drag your moue along the timeline to highlight frames the sound doesn't play

my event (this is the problem): If you press enter the sound will play but if you stop it mid sound, the sounds stops, just like a stream sound would, but if you drag it across the sound to highlight frames it doesn't make a sound

can ANYONE explain what this is? It's not really a big problem, just something that's been bothering me.
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Sound problem, event like a stream. Empty Re: Sound problem, event like a stream.

7/18/2011, 3:55 pm
Lange's tutorial explained this whole situation ¬¬

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

Sound problem, event like a stream. Empty Re: Sound problem, event like a stream.

7/18/2011, 4:00 pm
did you bother reading EVERYTHING? I know lange's tut explained what I said up there, but you didn't read MY last one

my event (this is the problem): If you press enter the sound will play but if you stop it mid sound, the sounds stops, just like a stream sound would, but if you drag it across the sound to highlight frames it doesn't make a sound
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan

7/18/2011, 4:16 pm
Ok jeez don't have a bitch fit. xD
I'm sure it does that normally. I think.
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

7/18/2011, 4:45 pm
really? I'm not so sure that event's are supposed to play like streams because you know... they're events.

you do it, see the difference. Go into flash and add two sounds set one to stream and one to event and analyze the differences. Then come back here and tell me that they DON'T play the same.
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan

7/18/2011, 4:48 pm
I know that already. They don't sound the same. When I drag the timeline indicator across an event labelled sound, it won't play. But stream labelled sounds do. Also stream sounds cause lag to my animations :/

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

7/18/2011, 6:16 pm
This is more of a strange bug than an actual problem. It's not affecting you, soooooo...

But eh, did this happen on your other flashes or this only happens in this one?
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

7/18/2011, 7:06 pm
just this one... and now i'm kinda afraid it might screw up the flash... like corrupt it.
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15

7/18/2011, 9:32 pm
Joo should be happy! We shun event!

@NS01 wrote:Ok jeez don't have a bitch fit. xD
I'm sure it does that normally. I think.
Lmao.

Sound problem, event like a stream. Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum