8 posters
Go down
XCFIRSTCLASS
XCFIRSTCLASS
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Spriting Starting Pack? Empty Spriting Starting Pack?

7/13/2011, 7:12 pm
Hello,

SO I had this idea the other day. What would happen if the Spritas made kind of a starter pack? I know its a little crazy but it would come with a few sprites (3 Sonic Sprites, 3 Jus Sprites, Kirby sprites etc.) maybe some sounds (STUFF OTHER THAN THE DBZ SOUND PACK to keep people from using it and urging them to use some that we provide them with like 20 of them) a few backgrounds, effects, etc. It could come with internet sites that lead to pages like Audacity and Fighter Factory and maybe have like a readme that gives tutorials and etc from the best of the best like Eric, Leo, Ping, Patt and others. Maybe even tutorials on how to edit and recolor and nonsense. And how about a tutorial to make your own FC and what not.

Now I know people will bitch at me because they think people sould find shit on their own, but it could possibly be a way for people to join the Spritas and get better. Leave your opinions!

Thanks! Very Happy
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13011
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Spriting Starting Pack? Empty Re: Spriting Starting Pack?

7/13/2011, 7:23 pm
.....isn't that just....this site?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Spriting Starting Pack? Untitl15
Luigiman364
Luigiman364
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 3090
Registration date : 2010-12-13

7/13/2011, 7:36 pm
I would get a feeling we weould be shutdown cause erew blaj balh copy right

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Skype Lawls:
Spoiler:
Spriting Starting Pack? 8wjfia

Avatar by LeeTheHedgeHog and userbar done by SynsterB
Spriting Starting Pack? 2lax69
Spriting Starting Pack? TZmdW
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 11610
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

7/13/2011, 7:58 pm
This is actually a good idea... it'll discourage people from using DBZ sounds'n shit for the most part.
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20144
Registration date : 2010-09-15

7/13/2011, 8:00 pm
This is a great idea. Though Lange is that kind of guy for the job. I'm sure he has some sort of idea to compile all of his tutorials and counsel into one file.

I, on the other hand, have been working on something like this with a animation principle in particular. I will work on this this year.

Thanks.

Spriting Starting Pack? Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 13123
Registration date : 2009-03-28

7/13/2011, 11:02 pm
A nice idea however you did an awful job at explaining it. Animating isn't a game, it's a hobby and an activity. There's nothing anyone here can merely give you to make you an outstanding rookie compared to your peers whom haven't picked up the 'Spritas Starting Pack'. This isn't Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh, I don't really know what I could give a new animator to get them going. Especially since I help run a damn forums for the spriting community, they are completely welcomed to asking for whatever resources.

A 'Starting Pack' would be a folder or so with some sounds and/or effects. That's the most I could probably offer, however, it wouldn't be our starting pack as we wouldn't be allowed to compile other person's effects or sounds to call part of our own. Now, if someone were generous enough to compile a couple effects and/or sounds, completely created by scratch, that would be fine. Such as 10 effects, about about 10 or so sounds. That would be a starting pack in which you would desire starting out. But after you work, that you have created so painstakingly and time consumingly, would you give them out to any new animator? That would just turn it into the next DBZ Sound Pack. The next typical MUGEN Effects Pack. Giving out things like this, a gift, isn't something that should be done, as it would easily be taken granted of. Can you imagine the destruction that would be given to those sounds/effects? I'm sure it would bring in many new users, however, which would you rather. More new animators, or more new animators abusing our creations?
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12925
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

7/14/2011, 12:55 am
I think Leo's Big List of Resources is like the best and closest thing to what you're thinking of

Spriting Starting Pack? Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 9153
Registration date : 2009-05-23

7/14/2011, 6:18 am
Yeah I mean come on, it has effects, tutorials (needs to be updated), a insane amount of sounds and lots of good links to sprites.

This is already covered. And the point of making it offline..... well people need a good internet connection so why would they download something that would be like very very big.

What we gotta do is stop people from being so freakin' lazy.
Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 13123
Registration date : 2009-03-28

7/14/2011, 12:13 pm
@Leo wrote:
What we gotta do is stop people from being so freakin' lazy.
Enough said.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum