Go down
Jellal
Jellal
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 24
Number of posts : 2524
Registration date : 2011-03-19

MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: MOTM Stuff

7/14/2011, 9:18 pm
Good lord, that arm is incredibly unproportional to the body.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.
Deuteronomy 13:7-12
Leo
Leo
Moderator
Moderator
Age : 23
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23
Location : Brazil

MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: MOTM Stuff

7/15/2011, 5:45 am
Have you ever heard of something called foreshortening?
Jellal
Jellal
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 24
Number of posts : 2524
Registration date : 2011-03-19

MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: MOTM Stuff

7/15/2011, 6:03 am
Yes, but that has more to do with perspective and angle rather than just a broad 2d sprite.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.
Deuteronomy 13:7-12
Leo
Leo
Moderator
Moderator
Age : 23
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23
Location : Brazil

MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: MOTM Stuff

7/15/2011, 6:20 am
@Jellal wrote:Yes, but that has more to do with perspective and angle

And that is applied on tons of sprites.
MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Foreo

Now go away.
Jellal
Jellal
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 24
Number of posts : 2524
Registration date : 2011-03-19

MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: MOTM Stuff

7/15/2011, 6:39 am
@Leo wrote:
@Jellal wrote:Yes, but that has more to do with perspective and angle

And that is applied on tons of sprites.
MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Foreo

Now go away.
Just because hundreds of people smoke doesn't mean you should too.

The hands are at an angle in two of those. The first one has barely any foreshortening applied at all.
Regardless, Sonic sprites are a HORRIBLE example to bring up when taking about proportional sprites.
That fourth one is just awful regardless.

Also, you're being rude.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.
Deuteronomy 13:7-12
Leo
Leo
Moderator
Moderator
Age : 23
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23
Location : Brazil

MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: MOTM Stuff

7/15/2011, 6:59 am
I'm not rude. I wanna see you try and do a better sprite.
Jellal
Jellal
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 24
Number of posts : 2524
Registration date : 2011-03-19

MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: MOTM Stuff

7/15/2011, 7:04 am
Why? ;_;

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.
Deuteronomy 13:7-12
avatar
Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 13142
Registration date : 2009-03-28

MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: MOTM Stuff

7/15/2011, 11:41 am
@Leo wrote:I'm not rude. I wanna see you try and do a better sprite.
Hey now Leo, I never thought you'd say such a thing. That was surprising...I'm actually dissapointed in you. The skill of another person does not influence the fact of your own work. You should know that by now.

Joey, the foreshortening works fine there...a 2D sprite, which probably would include the Z axis within it, cannot be shown as a 3D sprite. Considering it would be shown off of your screen. It makes sense, as the sprite shows. I don't know why you bring up shit to defend your case, that don't deal with the situation at all. Typical argumentative Joey, I see.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest

MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: MOTM Stuff

7/15/2011, 2:50 pm
You're kidding, right?
Foreshortening keeps the body PROPORTIONAL, that's the whole purpose of it.
This isn't about foreshortening, it's about how the arms are unproportional.
Foreshortening is not the method to be focused on here, it's about how he show lessen the width of the arm by about a line or two of pixels.
As for not defending my case, if you're referring to this:
Just because hundreds of people smoke doesn't mean you should too.
That was an analogy saying just because other sprites do it doesn't mean you should either.
Typical Patt to claim how everything is typical, regardless that the so called typical events don't even reoccur that often/
avatar
Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 13142
Registration date : 2009-03-28

MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: MOTM Stuff

7/15/2011, 3:12 pm
Just because it is a Side-Scroller does not mean there shouldn't be foreshortening. I'm pretty sure the only reason why you came here to annoy another is simply because Leo's sprite took you off guard and you're simply jealous that you couldn't put up a fair fight if you were to sprite something. It is what you've done all your life, from the first time I've met you, whenever something exceeded your capabilities you had to retort against it. Enough is enough Joey.
Kane
Kane
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 22
Number of posts : 1691
Registration date : 2011-03-09
Location : Ping's Booty Folder

MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: MOTM Stuff

7/15/2011, 4:46 pm
@Patt wrote:Just because it is a Side-Scroller does not mean there shouldn't be foreshortening. I'm pretty sure the only reason why you came here to annoy another is simply because Leo's sprite took you off guard and you're simply jealous that you couldn't put up a fair fight if you were to sprite something. It is what you've done all your life, from the first time I've met you, whenever something exceeded your capabilities you had to retort against it. Enough is enough Joey.

If I'm in caught remind me to call you.

Anyway, Leo the update is good but you should try some other characters I'd love to see a Yoshi or Peach or Luigi. xD.
Leo
Leo
Moderator
Moderator
Age : 23
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23
Location : Brazil

MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: MOTM Stuff

7/15/2011, 5:07 pm
Of course, however other projects keep me from spriting. I'll do Luigi tommorow, though.


Who knows, maybe Bowser ;D
Mistah_Jayden
Mistah_Jayden
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 30
Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Location : New York City

MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: MOTM Stuff

7/15/2011, 5:23 pm
@Leo wrote:Yeah :\

Also, I've fixed Mario, hopefully now he's good :
MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Motmmarioshowcase1
His arm isn't disproportional. It's rather placed too low. But other than that it's not a bad sprite dude.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest

MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: MOTM Stuff

7/16/2011, 3:09 am
@Patt wrote:Just because it is a Side-Scroller does not mean there shouldn't be foreshortening. I'm pretty sure the only reason why you came here to annoy another is simply because Leo's sprite took you off guard and you're simply jealous that you couldn't put up a fair fight if you were to sprite something.
I know, that's why I edited the post.
Well, look whose abandoning his point to be a provocative flamer.
Congratulations, Patt. You just went back to contradict yourself yet again.

@Patt wrote:It is what you've done all your life, from the first time I've met you, whenever something exceeded your capabilities you had to retort against it. Enough is enough Joey.
I was unaware that you had Alzheimer's
Sorry, Patt.
Just because you say something doesn't make it true.
Just because you think something doesn't make it true either.
Just because you think being a provocative person relying on irrelevant things that aren't even true makes you right, it doesn't.
Just because you think you know people doesn't mean you do.
Just for the record, you haven't seen me sprite in months.

Now, if you actually want to tell me how I'm wrong on how it's too wide in pixels, go ahead, as long as you can justify it and expect me to justify how I feel it is, but if you want to be nothing more than a provocative flamer, you can go ahead and do that on MSN.

@Mistah_Jayden
Yes, but that could also give the same effect as making it look better. Personally, I think it's placed right, but he should shave off a pixel or two in the height.
EDIT:
Wait, you're right. The arm's placed too low and makes it look incredibly longer. I yield to thou, master. king
avatar
Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 13142
Registration date : 2009-03-28

MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: MOTM Stuff

7/16/2011, 11:18 am
Once again, showing that typical trait. You always seem to resort to something else, rather than staying on topic. Much like that argument on sarcasm we had a while back. You never seem to stay on task with the argument to push you point. You seem to try to say that I'm not right, just because I'm not. I'm afraid to say buddy, that you've always done the same. And I've proof behind it. You can't seem to fight your fight with any relative detail pardoning to the actual situation at hand. Any bystander in this topic could easily see that, you only seem to provoke your opponent with insults. If you continue this here on this topic, I'm afraid I will have to permanently ban you, eternally from the site.
Leo
Leo
Moderator
Moderator
Age : 23
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23
Location : Brazil

MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: MOTM Stuff

7/16/2011, 11:35 am
Okay you two, my topic has been filled with stuff D:

Patt, lock this plz I don't want this open just so you guys can throw walls of text at me.
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 27
Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2009-09-07
Location : UK england

MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: MOTM Stuff

7/16/2011, 1:14 pm
lol burnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Don't lock this because of what's happened in the last few posts...

I want to see more of your sprites.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Mistah_Jayden
Mistah_Jayden
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 30
Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Location : New York City

MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: MOTM Stuff

7/16/2011, 2:07 pm
Lol I don't think he deserved that kind of ban man. He was just a critic.
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2008-10-20
Location : New York

MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: MOTM Stuff

7/16/2011, 2:20 pm
Patt, you were out of line.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Watch your ass.
MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Banned1a7c7e438gif
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 25
Number of posts : 12958
Registration date : 2008-11-18
Location : On the computer
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: MOTM Stuff

7/16/2011, 2:23 pm
Wait who's the guest?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Leo
Leo
Moderator
Moderator
Age : 23
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23
Location : Brazil

MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: MOTM Stuff

7/16/2011, 3:48 pm
Joey. Patt deleted him from the site.
avatar
Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 13142
Registration date : 2009-03-28

MOTM Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: MOTM Stuff

7/16/2011, 4:50 pm
It's fine it's fine, we can just delete the posts if Leo requests. ^^
Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum