Can we enforce some rules?

+12
NS01
Face
THE2ndNarutox
YoshiSonic
Timmy
SXR123
D3Anims
HarryControl
Ping
Eric
BlitznBurst
Red x
16 posters
Go down
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 25
Number of posts : 20144
Registration date : 2010-09-15
Location : Madison Wisconsin

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 3:48 pm
Lmfao, I know, but I got myself into that...accidently and...kind of...purposely. I was on a spirtual track until I went in-depth with booty. I've been reading my bible daily. Just some scriptures in Proverbs, and I feel really guilty.
Harry is right though. He knows it's wrong to be doing that. That's why he's so wise. He knows how to use his mouth. He's never in trouble with us. He's never annoyying, like me. It's cause he's taking in principles in the Bible. I would know, since I was like him before I got mixed up into booty and foolishness hard-core...which was like..almost two years ago.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 22
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 4:00 pm
Pingboy wrote:He's never annoyying.

That is all a matter of opinion.

Not saying that's how I feel, but, you know.

People will find hiim annoying.
YoshiSonic
YoshiSonic
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 23
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2010-11-05
Location : Earth

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 4:13 pm
Lets replace words with other words then

Ex.

Ping, Duck You Wink

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Dancing-happy-yoshi Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 259ab217
THE2ndNarutox
THE2ndNarutox
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 30
Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2010-09-11
Location : Mass

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 4:19 pm
@Eric wrote:
@Red x wrote:

...........Really? Idk what to say, but freedom of speech has nothing to do with it. I can take a few jokes and curse words, but that is going to far. My other forums would've done something. But still, read the rules and I'm sure this breaks 1. But I'm not gonna start something, which what he posted may do to the wrong person.

I'll shut up but let me say this, his post could cause a fight, and 1 more thing, I'm sure he broke a rule with it, unless you can prove it doesn't. Now I'll be quite.
Then your other forum is a lot more strict, you're free to go there. It has a lot to do with freedom of speech. Again, my rule states you cannot use vulgarity excessively (and he wasn't anywhere near excessive use) to attack a user (he was not attacking you) or just for the hell of it

(Contains vulgarity, if you don't wanna read this example then don't).
Spoiler:
(meaning he'd just say "FUCK SHIT ASS TITS GOD DAMN IT FUCK YOU DO IT YOURSELF MOTHA FUCKING LONG TITTY NO NIPPLE HAVING BITCH)
So, he was simply talking, he threw in some humor, no harm in that.

Omfg that spoiler winz....

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The means by which we live has outdistanced the ends for which we live. Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.
- Martin Luther King Jr -

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 1bc99df4279fec8b2d213581d1a37e1f9cd0a787f054c4d43

If you wanna battle ill totally take you one. Send me a PM and we can set up dates nd times nd stuff. Prepare to be amazed.

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Jaden_yuki_signature_by_woofersrb-d50qemp

That goes double.... for a duel.
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 25
Number of posts : 20144
Registration date : 2010-09-15
Location : Madison Wisconsin

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 4:33 pm
@YoshiSonic wrote:Lets replace words with other words then

Ex.

Ping, Duck You Wink
]:< Duck you for never being on.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 32
Number of posts : 13011
Registration date : 2010-04-29
Location : Returned-ed

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 6:42 pm
Who is this too far for?

apparently.....him.LOL


Last edited by madfacespriter on 5/6/2011, 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Untitl15
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 25
Number of posts : 20144
Registration date : 2010-09-15
Location : Madison Wisconsin

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 6:43 pm
Who said that?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 32
Number of posts : 13011
Registration date : 2010-04-29
Location : Returned-ed

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 6:48 pm
Pingboy wrote:Who said that?
tim I think

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Untitl15
YoshiSonic
YoshiSonic
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 23
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2010-11-05
Location : Earth

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 6:59 pm
Pingboy wrote:
@YoshiSonic wrote:Lets replace words with other words then

Ex.

Ping, Duck You Wink
]:< Duck you for never being on.

I don't have internet at home atm Im at my mom's reasturant, sowwy

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Dancing-happy-yoshi Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 259ab217
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 25
Number of posts : 20144
Registration date : 2010-09-15
Location : Madison Wisconsin

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 7:03 pm
@YoshiSonic wrote:
Pingboy wrote:
@YoshiSonic wrote:Lets replace words with other words then

Ex.

Ping, Duck You Wink
]:< Duck you for never being on.

I don't have internet at home atm Im at my mom's reasturant, sowwy
*sniff* sorry I was so demanding.

Come back soon, YoshiSonic.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 28
Number of posts : 6075
Registration date : 2009-09-07
Location : UK england

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 7:15 pm
After looking at all these previous posts, I feel like posting all sorts of shit.


Last edited by NintendoStar01 on 5/6/2011, 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 32
Number of posts : 13011
Registration date : 2010-04-29
Location : Returned-ed

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 7:20 pm
me too LOL
also @ ping GET THINE 5 DOLLAR ASS ON MSN BEFORE I MAKETH CHANGE!!!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Untitl15
HarryControl
HarryControl
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 32
Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-11-05
Location : The Solar System

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 7:31 pm
blitzkrieg667 wrote:You say swearing is a sgn of immaturity. Only in some cases is that true? People will freak out if someone says something even slightly offesnive, they go all "WELL U DONT HAVE TO SWEAR SHUT UP YOU TROLL U SUCK SWEARING IS BAD" or whatever. And you honestly think that that isn't immature?

Your right, I'm not disagreeing with you on that. Unfortunately people from all sides fail badly on how to make an actual good argument. They they let their emotions get in way to the actual reality and facts. Even I am guilty of this. And I wouldn't say some cases, but all cases.

blitzkrieg667 wrote:They're just words. They can't harm anyone.

This isn't just about what me and you think, this about what others think, those words are indeed offensive to other people. What are you, an atheist or something? Because I can assure you that's not a christian-like approach.

blitzkrieg667 wrote:The fact that people act like every time you say shit or fuck or whatever else you say a kitten dies is just pathetic.

I agree, whoever says that kitten dies every time someone says **** or **** is a really lame argument. Those people need to go back to the parking lot to pick up their brain.

blitzkrieg667 wrote:I swear. I swear in real life and I happen to be twelve. I've been using "bad words" for near enough three years, and that hasn't had any negative effect on me, and as it turns out I'm one of the most mature pupils in my class.

This is a bit too personal for an argument. The concern is not if it will have a negative effect on you, but have a negative effect on others. Not everyone is brainwashed with this idea of humanism and thinking "I'll do whatever I want". And are you sure you didn't mean "intelligent" as oppose to "mature"? Because you seem to have a lot intelligence when able to place an argument on table like that for a twelve-year old, but you haven't really proven your maturity to me very well at this moment. Also, the argument about thinking to yourself you're the most mature in your class completely bias as I could say the same thing. I have testimonials to back me up on this.... but like I said, it's bias.

But if you're really asking how it can have an negative effect on you, then I would say it interferes with the critical thinking skills as it's based on emotions vulgar language. Sure you may not believe it much like a person who doesn't believe in the air he/she breaths, but that doesn't mean it's not true.

blitzkrieg667 wrote:If you can't stand swearing then you really should not be on the internet.

This has got to be one of the most uncreative arguments in the history of the internet. Telling me I shouldn't be on the internet is like telling me I shouldn't be on planet earth. Obviously everyone has to share it. The internet is not exclusively reserved for troll playgrounds, it's a powerful media and communication tool that has many functions and attributes. You should know that. Please go re-read the definition of the internet.

And usually when individuals suggest to other people they shouldn't be on the internet, it's basically fancy way of saying "get lost".

blitzkrieg667 wrote:I swear you're all just a bunch of wimps. While swearing is occasionally a sign of immaturity it's not any excuse to start freaking out over.

It's one thing to disagree with someone, but when you put everyone else lower than yourself when generally calling everyone "wimps", it can be destructive. And I don't believe I'm freaking out over it. It would appear like that because it goes against what you believe and anything that goes against it, crashes your party.

blitzkrieg667 wrote:It's crossing the line if you're saying it to a little kid of about 7, maybe 8, but it's not like any people that age come here.

Why not 9, 10, 20, 30? Why is this moral value reserved to younger kids only?

blitzkrieg667 wrote:Swearing isn't something 11 year olds should be getting worked up over, and that's pretty much the youngest anyone here is.

Sorry, but I don't follow by your rulebook.

blitzkrieg667 wrote:You're saying swearing means you're immature, look at how you're acting now, you're going as far as to say the site will be taken down.

This does not make any sense at all. Never did I say I was going to take the site down, let alone did it cross my mind. The worst thing that I would of done was leave the site which is what I was actually implying. Like about half of your arguments, you read too much into things. Though if there's anything I may have spoke too wildly about, I would think would of been my statement on how I may have left this site a while back ago. But, sadly, I don't think there's any better sprite community (in terms of it's resources and such). So you're going to have to put up with my beliefs much I have to put up with yours. Spritas is just as much as my home as yours. You sure you can handle it? I think you can.

blitzkrieg667 wrote:Who knows?

I do?

blitzkrieg667 wrote:What in blaze's fuck? Really?

You made a logical fallacy called Question-Begging Epithet.

blitzkrieg667 wrote:If you don't like "naughty words" that's fine, don't start complaining because people are just speaking their mind.

Learn to control that mind of yours. Don't let your feelings and philosophy do the driving for you.

blitzkrieg667 wrote:I'm speaking the same I do in real life, in fact, I'm probably speaking more maturely than I do outside of the internet.


You're telling me to look how I'm acting and yet your arguments consist a lot about you you you. You're just full of yourself.

blitzkrieg667 wrote:By telling people to stop swearing you're telling people they're not aloud to say anything that you're not happy with. Having an opinion is fine but don't try and force your opinion upon other people for fuck's sake.

Honestly, that argument is kind of old and uncreative as well. I've given up trying to change people a long time ago and I don't expect someone like yourself is going to change. I'm basically speaking my mind and stating my opinion much like you. Otherwise, if you think I'm "forcing" my opinion on others, than you really don't have a clue. And again, you made another Question-Begging Epithet fallacy. Go get some mouthwash, mister.


Last edited by HarryControl on 5/7/2011, 4:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 32
Number of posts : 13011
Registration date : 2010-04-29
Location : Returned-ed

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 7:37 pm
LOL its like you the moral police.but Ive said before ppl like me need ppl like you and the other dude ,but still this if frikking hilarious

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Untitl15
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 25
Number of posts : 20144
Registration date : 2010-09-15
Location : Madison Wisconsin

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 7:40 pm
Harry took the show.


Madface. You aren't against this at all. XD. I remember you cussing on Skype. I was laughing.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 28
Number of posts : 6075
Registration date : 2009-09-07
Location : UK england

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 7:49 pm
POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Pow-ri10

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
HarryControl
HarryControl
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 32
Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-11-05
Location : The Solar System

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 7:54 pm
blitzkrieg667 wrote:
Pingboy wrote:I agree with Harry. I've been trying to not give into the temptation of saying immoral things lol.

Ping, don't lie. You've posted things before that are wholly inappropriate. What with your obsession over ass in every single thread.

Unfortunately Blitzkrieg667 is right, Pingboy. You can be pretty scary to be around.

blitzkrieg667 wrote:
Pingboy wrote:He's never annoyying.

That is all a matter of opinion.

Not saying that's how I feel, but, you know.

People will find hiim annoying.

Not saying how you feel? But the fact you responded to Pingboy in this way sure implies it a lot.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Luigi-o
"For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?" - Matthew 16:26
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 25
Number of posts : 20144
Registration date : 2010-09-15
Location : Madison Wisconsin

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 7:58 pm
I respect your morals, Harry. I understand you dislike having to hear my nonsense here and there. Don't worry. I hope you won't see me as someone 'scary' in the future.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 31
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19
Location : The Land of Waldos

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 8:00 pm
@Eric wrote:I understand what you're trying to say but that risk stays on every part of the internet ever. Look at youtube, there is tons of terrible shit there but it's a site for everyone, they do have their limits but even there anyone can go on it and find nice safe stuff as much as they find stuff deemed taboo. I wont restrict how someone talks when they're not harming anyone. And a parent cannot take down this site when there is no illegal activity going on here. We can curse as much as we want, they can't do a thing. We're protected by Freedom of Speech and Press. As long as we do not threaten a user or harass one, anything i say to you is up to you to take it personally or not. Also, only a child under the age of 7 would actually go as far as going "OOOH MOMMY HE SAID SHIT!" Which, a kid that age shouldn't be allowed on the internet, at least not without a parent controlling his every move. Should he find something dirty that he'd go on to tell his mom, his mom would be held liable for not supervising her child.

There's really nothing you can say but that you simply felt uncomfortable by what he said and i can't compromise the freedom of a users speech just for that. If I were to force him to censor himself, then that'd piss him off that he's so restricted (the majority would be pretty pissed actually). There's no pleasing everyone, but this way is a lot more free and i think that is good for everyone, even you, where you are allowed to give complaints and feedback here.

Eric voiced my thoughts perfectly, and he is absolutely right. In fact his posts demonstrated more maturity than anyone else's, including what I'm about to say.

@HarryControl wrote:Ironically, many of those who use vulgar language in forums seem to think that their rhetoric constitutes a good argument. Far from it. Such language is an indication of a serious lack of critical thinking skills. No offense Eric.
Bullshit. Using swears does not constitute a lack of critical thinking skills, its the context in which they are used. Anyone could show lack of brains by spouting off incoherent babble out of frustration, swears included. But a person can also use swears in a well reasoned argument. Shit cock bitch ass fuck.

@HarryControl wrote:The fact that many people are accepting bad language as being okay does not justify the ideas of it. Ideas have consequences. From my perspective, adults are less likely to get offended by potty mouths because they have become desensitized to wrongful behavior. I'm sure all of us at one point in our lives, whether small or huge, have reached a stage of rebellion, and of course it can grow overtime.
Words are what you make them dude. Humans invented words and by themselves attached negative stigmatism to them. All words are made up, imaginary, and entirely within our control. Censorship has done nothing by make the problem a million times worse by seeding nervousness in the minds of children causing them to be even more uncomfortable talking with others. Thank Jesus for the modern times where people are slowly but surely beginning to wise up to this effect.

@HarryControl wrote:And when you state things such as this...

@Eric wrote:I wont restrict how someone talks when they're not harming anyone.

Already you made a huge statement on your moralistic values. They are indeed harmful to those who have a different worldview from yours.
Views are by choice, so to take offense at any conflicting words is also by choice. Again, the effect of words harming others is a device of man, not some cosmic force of nature or law of physics. Hey, I'll invent the word bumbleduck. It means fucked sideways. Offended? If I said this word to random people (without explaining the definition), you think it'll scar their minds or hurt them somehow? Well I'll just change the definition to pretty flowers. Then repeat the experiment. I bet a trillion dollars the reactions will be the same.

@HarryControl wrote:When stating this, you're automatically accepting a view of atheism (or humanism if you will).
Uh, what? I'm neither atheist nor humanist, yet I agree with Eric completely. Again, words harming others is an invention of man, and a really stupid mistake that can be reversed with patience and tolerance. You certainly aren't helping.

@HarryControl wrote:I would imagine why a major amount of people would refrain in speaking against vulgar language because it's not pleasant having to put up with being called "stupid" or face with the unclean vocabulary in return. The reason why I keep my nose around the repulsive community in Spritas I fail to understand sometimes, but this tends to get me nowhere as this stuff is on almost on every good sprite community. And true Youtube has tons of terrible junk that happens, but it has a better working system and more flexible that allows more control to each individual, I can tell you that much.
People like you do nothing but stunt the development of the human race and invent problems where none exist. Considering you are Christian, this does not surprise me in the slightest. You might do yourself a favor to research a great man known as Larry Flynt. In fact, go watch the movie based upon him, "The People vs Larry Flynt". Also try a few George Carlin monologues while you're at it.


Last edited by Mr Lange on 5/6/2011, 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Fzero%20death%20race
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 25
Number of posts : 20144
Registration date : 2010-09-15
Location : Madison Wisconsin

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 8:05 pm
I'm easily influenced. I need Aspirin.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 28
Number of posts : 6075
Registration date : 2009-09-07
Location : UK england

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 8:06 pm
Shit cock bitch ass fuck.

Lange voiced my words perfectly.

bumbleduck

bahahahahaha

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 25
Number of posts : 20144
Registration date : 2010-09-15
Location : Madison Wisconsin

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 8:13 pm
Fuck...bitch...shit...damn...ass...hell...cunt! Very Happy

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 28
Number of posts : 6075
Registration date : 2009-09-07
Location : UK england

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 8:14 pm
That was weak you absolute bumbleduck.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 25
Number of posts : 20144
Registration date : 2010-09-15
Location : Madison Wisconsin

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 8:16 pm
]:NO FUCK YOU, SHITHEAD. I DON'T GIVE 2 FUCKIN' RAT'S ASS FLYIN' FUCK IF U THINK IMMA A WEAK ASS MOTHAH FUCKIN' BUMBLEDUCKFUCK U DICK WAD!!!


FUCK JUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POWAH!!!!!!!!!!!!


___________________________________________________________________________________________

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 28
Number of posts : 6075
Registration date : 2009-09-07
Location : UK england

Can we enforce some rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

5/6/2011, 8:22 pm
u gay

I Win.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum