Go down
Red x
Red x
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Can we enforce some rules? Empty Can we enforce some rules?

on 5/6/2011, 10:11 am
OK, I know I haven't been here long, but can we enforce some rules? I mean, someone here posted this.

Spoiler:
Lol. I Don't watch Sonic X. Too lazy to wake up on a Saturday morning.

Asking for someone to sheet for you is like asking for a shemale to give you a billion dollars while sucking your pee pee.
Which means no.

It's better to try yourself.

I understand what he's trying to say, but come on! What he said in that shouldn't be posted. Tell me, is this site for 18 and over only? I don't think so. How can you have a good forum for everyone with stuff like that?

All I'm saying is to enforce some rules or something, people will not join this site if people keeps on posting that type of stuff.
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15

Can we enforce some rules? Empty Re: Can we enforce some rules?

on 5/6/2011, 10:33 am
You should see what Ping's posting.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Can we enforce some rules? UZ3PNb5
Red x
Red x
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/6/2011, 10:37 am
blitzkrieg667 wrote:You should see what Ping's posting.
I know, but this so far is worser. I read the rules and I'm pretty sure he broke it by posting that.
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2008-10-20

on 5/6/2011, 10:37 am
@Red x wrote:OK, I know I haven't been here long, but can we enforce some rules? I mean, someone here posted this.

Spoiler:

Asking for someone to sheet for you is like asking for a shemale to give you a billion dollars while sucking your pee pee.
Which means no.

I understand what he's trying to say, but come on! What he said in that shouldn't be posted. Tell me, is this site for 18 and over only? I don't think so. How can you have a good forum for everyone with stuff like that?

All I'm saying is to enforce some rules or something, people will not join this site if people keeps on posting that type of stuff.

I have enforced rules on things like excessively using vulgarity just to attack a user, or for the sake of saying it. But i will not remove everyone's freedom of speech. This site is for everyone, for any age, if you cannot handle a few curse words or shemales then you are free to leave. Be happy he at the very least censored himself and used "pee pee". I'm sorry but that post is as valid as any other. Simply ignore a post like that if it bothers you so much.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Watch your ass.
Can we enforce some rules? Banned1a7c7e438gif
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/6/2011, 10:47 am
It's not like there are very many kids on this site anyway. Obviously things some of us *Coughpingboycough* are posting will be unsuitable for children, butb we're not hurting anyone. There's noone here under the age of 11, as far as I know, so we're not saying bad words to five year olds or whatever, and most of the people here are thirteen and over thirteen.

For example. I'm twelve. You don't see me freaking out when someone says something like this.

I like to ignore Ping's posts. If I see the first sign of NSFW, I just skip it.

Well, that depends how severe the NSWF content is, but y'know, whatever, who gives a fuck.

Red x
Red x
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/6/2011, 10:51 am
@Eric wrote:
@Red x wrote:OK, I know I haven't been here long, but can we enforce some rules? I mean, someone here posted this.

Spoiler:

Which means no.

I have enforced rules on things like excessively using vulgarity just to attack a user, or for the sake of saying it. But i will not remove everyone's freedom of speech. This site is for everyone, for any age, if you cannot handle a few curse words or shemales then you are free to leave. Be happy he at the very least censored himself and used "pee pee". I'm sorry but that post is as valid as any other. Simply ignore a post like that if it bothers you so much.

...........Really? Idk what to say, but freedom of speech has nothing to do with it. I can take a few jokes and curse words, but that is going to far. My other forums would've done something. But still, read the rules and I'm sure this breaks 1. But I'm not gonna start something, which what he posted may do to the wrong person.

I'll shut up but let me say this, his post could cause a fight, and 1 more thing, I'm sure he broke a rule with it, unless you can prove it doesn't. Now I'll be quite.
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15

on 5/6/2011, 10:56 am
._.
I...uh...uh...can explain...

Lets just thank the lord you aren't in the General forum much.
._.

Can we enforce some rules? Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator

on 5/6/2011, 11:08 am
@Red x wrote:

...........Really? Idk what to say, but freedom of speech has nothing to do with it. I can take a few jokes and curse words, but that is going to far. My other forums would've done something. But still, read the rules and I'm sure this breaks 1. But I'm not gonna start something, which what he posted may do to the wrong person.

I'll shut up but let me say this, his post could cause a fight, and 1 more thing, I'm sure he broke a rule with it, unless you can prove it doesn't. Now I'll be quite.
Then your other forum is a lot more strict, you're free to go there. It has a lot to do with freedom of speech. Again, my rule states you cannot use vulgarity excessively (and he wasn't anywhere near excessive use) to attack a user (he was not attacking you) or just for the hell of it

(Contains vulgarity, if you don't wanna read this example then don't).
Spoiler:
(meaning he'd just say "FUCK SHIT ASS TITS GOD DAMN IT FUCK YOU DO IT YOURSELF MOTHA FUCKING LONG TITTY NO NIPPLE HAVING BITCH)
So, he was simply talking, he threw in some humor, no harm in that.

Watch your ass.
HarryControl
HarryControl
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-11-05

on 5/6/2011, 11:10 am
@Red x wrote:
@Eric wrote:

Spoiler:

Which means no.

Freedom of speech is not free people. Learn to not abuse it. Because I can assure you, even freedom of speech has it's limits.

Can we enforce some rules? Luigi-o
"For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?" - Matthew 16:26
Red x
Red x
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/6/2011, 11:21 am
@Eric wrote:
@Red x wrote:

Then your other forum is a lot more strict, you're free to go there. It has a lot to do with freedom of speech. Again, my rule states you cannot use vulgarity excessively (and he wasn't anywhere near excessive use) to attack a user (he was not attacking you) or just for the hell of it

(Contains vulgarity, if you don't wanna read this example then don't).
Spoiler:
(meaning he'd just say "FUCK SHIT ASS TITS GOD DAMN IT FUCK YOU DO IT YOURSELF MOTHA FUCKING LONG TITTY NO NIPPLE HAVING BITCH)
So, he was simply talking, he threw in some humor, no harm in that.

I know that already, my point is this. If people says stuff like that then this forum isn't safe. What if a kid reads it? Then his/her dad/mom reads it, they might do something that might take it down, trust me. Some people will do that. I understand what your saying, but listen. To have a good and healthy forum for "everyone" then that part of his post should not be posted.

Understand what I'm saying?
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/6/2011, 11:23 am
I'm a kid.

I read it.

Your point?

Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator

on 5/6/2011, 11:39 am
@Red x wrote:

I know that already, my point is this. If people says stuff like that then this forum isn't safe. What if a kid reads it? Then his/her dad/mom reads it, they might do something that might take it down, trust me. Some people will do that. I understand what your saying, but listen. To have a good and healthy forum for "everyone" then that part of his post should not be posted.

I understand what you're trying to say but that risk stays on every part of the internet ever. Look at youtube, there is tons of terrible shit there but it's a site for everyone, they do have their limits but even there anyone can go on it and find nice safe stuff as much as they find stuff deemed taboo. I wont restrict how someone talks when they're not harming anyone. And a parent cannot take down this site when there is no illegal activity going on here. We can curse as much as we want, they can't do a thing. We're protected by Freedom of Speech and Press. As long as we do not threaten a user or harass one, anything i say to you is up to you to take it personally or not. Also, only a child under the age of 7 would actually go as far as going "OOOH MOMMY HE SAID SHIT!" Which, a kid that age shouldn't be allowed on the internet, at least not without a parent controlling his every move. Should he find something dirty that he'd go on to tell his mom, his mom would be held liable for not supervising her child.

There's really nothing you can say but that you simply felt uncomfortable by what he said and i can't compromise the freedom of a users speech just for that. If I were to force him to censor himself, then that'd piss him off that he's so restricted (the majority would be pretty pissed actually). There's no pleasing everyone, but this way is a lot more free and i think that is good for everyone, even you, where you are allowed to give complaints and feedback here.

Watch your ass.
Red x
Red x
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/6/2011, 11:45 am
@Eric wrote:
@Red x wrote:

I understand what you're trying to say but that risk stays on every part of the internet ever. Look at youtube, there is tons of terrible shit there but it's a site for everyone, they do have their limits but even there anyone can go on it and find nice safe stuff as much as they find stuff deemed taboo. I wont restrict how someone talks when they're not harming anyone. And a parent cannot take down this site when there is no illegal activity going on here. We can curse as much as we want, they can't do a thing. We're protected by Freedom of Speech and Press. As long as we do not threaten a user or harass one, anything i say to you is up to you to take it personally or not. Also, only a child under the age of 7 would actually go as far as going "OOOH MOMMY HE SAID SHIT!" Which, a kid that age shouldn't be allowed on the internet, at least not without a parent controlling his every move. Should he find something dirty that he'd go on to tell his mom, his mom would be held liable for not supervising her child.

There's really nothing you can say but that you simply felt uncomfortable by what he said and i can't compromise the freedom of a users speech just for that. If I were to force him to censor himself, then that'd piss him off that he's so restricted (the majority would be pretty pissed actually). There's no pleasing everyone, but this way is a lot more free and i think that is good for everyone, even you, where you are allowed to give complaints and feedback here.

OK then, I have my view and you have yours, and I'll respect it.
HarryControl
HarryControl
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-11-05

on 5/6/2011, 2:07 pm
@Eric wrote:
@Red x wrote:

True that everyone is free to say whatever they want, but it comes down to what people base their moralities on. In my case, part of my reason I don't speak in toilet language is because I follow someone in a book that hardly anyone gives two flying nickels about nowadays. But there are other reasons as well. From my perspective, dirty talk is a sign of immaturity in it's own because many times people will turn up the vocal volume to compensate for a lack of cogency in their argument. And that in itself is a logical fallacy know as Question-Begging Epithet. Ironically, many of those who use vulgar language in forums seem to think that their rhetoric constitutes a good argument. Far from it. Such language is an indication of a serious lack of critical thinking skills. No offense Eric.

The fact that many people are accepting bad language as being okay does not justify the ideas of it. Ideas have consequences. From my perspective, adults are less likely to get offended by potty mouths because they have become desensitized to wrongful behavior. I'm sure all of us at one point in our lives, whether small or huge, have reached a stage of rebellion, and of course it can grow overtime.

And when you state things such as this...

@Eric wrote:I wont restrict how someone talks when they're not harming anyone.

Already you made a huge statement on your moralistic values. They are indeed harmful to those who have a different worldview from yours. When stating this, you're automatically accepting a view of atheism (or humanism if you will). I would imagine why a major amount of people would refrain in speaking against vulgar language because it's not pleasant having to put up with being called "stupid" or face with the unclean vocabulary in return. The reason why I keep my nose around the repulsive community in Spritas I fail to understand sometimes, but this tends to get me nowhere as this stuff is on almost on every good sprite community. And true Youtube has tons of terrible junk that happens, but it has a better working system and more flexible that allows more control to each individual, I can tell you that much.
D3Anims
D3Anims
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6288
Registration date : 2010-09-09

on 5/6/2011, 2:20 pm
@this whole thread and its purpose:
UGH

Can we enforce some rules? Untitl11
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/6/2011, 2:31 pm
You say swearing is a sgn of immaturity. Only in some cases is that true? People will freak out if someone says something even slightly offesnive, they go all "WELL U DONT HAVE TO SWEAR SHUT UP YOU TROLL U SUCK SWEARING IS BAD" or whatever. And you honestly think that that isn't immature?

They're just words. They can't harm anyone. The fact that people act like every time you say shit or fuck or whatever else you say a kitten dies is just pathetic. I swear. I swear in real life and I happen to be twelve. I've been using "bad words" for near enough three years, and that hasn't had any negative effect on me, and as it turns out I'm one of the most mature pupils in my class. If you can't stand swearing then you really should not be on the internet.

I swear you're all just a bunch of wimps. While swearing is occasionally a sign of immaturity it's not any excuse to start freaking out over.

It's crossing the line if you're saying it to a little kid of about 7, maybe 8, but it's not like any people that age come here.

Swearing isn't something 11 year olds should be getting worked up over, and that's pretty much the youngest anyone here is.

You're saying swearing means you're immature, look at how you're acting now, you're going as far as to say the site will be taken down.

What in blaze's fuck? Really?

If you don't like "naughty words" that's fine, don't start complaining because people are just speaking their mind.

I'm speaking the same I do in real life, in fact, I'm probably speaking more maturely than I do outside of the internet. By telling people to stop swearing you're telling people they're not aloud to say anything that you're not happy with. Having an opinion is fine but don't try and force your opinion upon other people for fuck's sake.

Red x
Red x
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/6/2011, 2:44 pm
blitzkrieg667 wrote:You say swearing is a sgn of immaturity. Only in some cases is that true? People will freak out if someone says something even slightly offesnive, they go all "WELL U DONT HAVE TO SWEAR SHUT UP YOU TROLL U SUCK SWEARING IS BAD" or whatever. And you honestly think that that isn't immature?

They're just words. They can't harm anyone. The fact that people act like every time you say shit or fuck or whatever else you say a kitten dies is just pathetic. I swear. I swear in real life and I happen to be twelve. I've been using "bad words" for near enough three years, and that hasn't had any negative effect on me, and as it turns out I'm one of the most mature pupils in my class. If you can't stand swearing then you really should not be on the internet.

I swear you're all just a bunch of wimps. While swearing is occasionally a sign of immaturity it's not any excuse to start freaking out over.

It's crossing the line if you're saying it to a little kid of about 7, maybe 8, but it's not like any people that age come here.

Swearing isn't something 11 year olds should be getting worked up over, and that's pretty much the youngest anyone here is.

You're saying swearing means you're immature, look at how you're acting now, you're going as far as to say the site will be taken down.

What in blaze's fuck? Really?

If you don't like "naughty words" that's fine, don't start complaining because people are just speaking their mind.

I'm speaking the same I do in real life, in fact, I'm probably speaking more maturely than I do outside of the internet. By telling people to stop swearing you're telling people they're not aloud to say anything that you're not happy with. Having an opinion is fine but don't try and force your opinion upon other people for fuck's sake.
I didn't say anything about immaturity, and I didn't try to force anything. Hate it when people jumps to that.

Last edited by Red x on 5/6/2011, 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/6/2011, 2:45 pm
I was talking to Harry.

Red x
Red x
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/6/2011, 2:46 pm
blitzkrieg667 wrote:I was talking to Harry.
Oops..my bad. XD
SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

on 5/6/2011, 3:14 pm
LAWL U GUYZ R BEIN LIEK SO SERUZ IZ SO FUNNEH....

seriously, he said he respected erics decision, who gives a flying panda if it's immature or not, if you wanna discuss it that badly, go to the conversation thread and use your big words to fight each other. reading the words both of you lay down make my brain hurt.
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/6/2011, 3:18 pm
Considering I hardly used any vocabulary longer than three syllables.

Unless you weren't alking about me.

Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15

on 5/6/2011, 3:26 pm
I agree with Harry. I've been trying to not give into the temptation of saying immoral things lol.

Can we enforce some rules? Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

on 5/6/2011, 3:27 pm
Pingboy wrote:I agree with Harry. I've been trying to not give into the temptation of saying immoral things lol.

you dirty liar.
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/6/2011, 3:31 pm
Pingboy wrote:I agree with Harry. I've been trying to not give into the temptation of saying immoral things lol.

Ping, don't lie. You've posted things before that are wholly inappropriate. What with your obsession over ass in every single thread.
Timmy
Timmy
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1186
Registration date : 2010-11-08

on 5/6/2011, 3:39 pm
Who is this too far for? A 9-14 would giggle and shit themselves, and 15+ would just read it normally.

Spoiler:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum