10 posters
Go down
DyingWillDharc
DyingWillDharc
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2011-03-05

Needing a Flash Teacher.. Empty Needing a Flash Teacher..

3/8/2011, 12:39 pm
Alright.. I need a Teacher to help me in Flash

I know all the Basics and stuff and how to make good Sprite movies but I need help in the more Advance Section...

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Those who break the rules are scum

Those who break the rules against their friends are lower than that
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20144
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Needing a Flash Teacher.. Empty Re: Needing a Flash Teacher..

3/8/2011, 1:36 pm
Look at my post in your introduction thread explaining what you can do. :evil:

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Needing a Flash Teacher.. Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Anonymous

3/8/2011, 5:22 pm
why ever time i think teacher i think girl?lol.
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

3/8/2011, 5:27 pm
Cuz the majority of school teachers are women,

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Anonymous

3/8/2011, 5:39 pm
i guess..ive never had a guy teacher.
Timmy
Timmy
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1185
Registration date : 2010-11-08

3/8/2011, 7:12 pm
I think presenting what you need help on to a community instead of one person would be better. But then again, some of are opinions are flawed.

Spoiler:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

3/8/2011, 9:53 pm
For real. Read what I said in your introduction, DharcWillie.

HarryControl
HarryControl
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-11-05

3/8/2011, 11:53 pm
I used to show a few people (especially friends) occasionally some "advance" stuff like one-on-one. But not so much anymore. Ever since I attracted a bit of a crowd and getting lots of questions like "how do you do this?" and/or "where do you get this?" It's just been too much for me.

Maybe I'm just being lazy and selfish..... maybe not. I don't know. The only way I'll be teaching something now is through video tutorials which I haven't really come across anything that will help me justify the means of making one as the subject is been covered by someone else already.

I recommend looking through some of the tutorials in the tutorial section on this site. Its very unlikely you'll have someone able to be your teacher as that is a really huge commitment and is unnecessary considering the other commitments sprite animators have already.
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

3/9/2011, 12:30 am
We're only able to give you tips dude. If you needed help on stick animating, Stone from Fluidanims be your guy.

But sprite animations...hell naw.

Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 9153
Registration date : 2009-05-23

3/9/2011, 3:38 am
Stone is always busy as heck. He only haves time to teach people when he opens his small stick school, where he teaches most of his secret techniques.

BTW, yeah, do what Harry said, go to the Tutorial section and from there, start researching or even thinking. Sprite animation isn't too hard afterall.
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6075
Registration date : 2009-09-07

3/9/2011, 5:56 am
But it does take time. Patience is required.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

3/9/2011, 11:20 am
leocartoon1 wrote:Stone is always busy as heck. He only haves time to teach people when he opens his small stick school, where he teaches most of his secret techniques.

BTW, yeah, do what Harry said, go to the Tutorial section and from there, start researching or even thinking. Sprite animation isn't too hard afterall.
Lmfaoyea true.

But DharcWillie. If you just made the commitment into learning MOAR Flash techniques yourself, do it yourself. Read then tutorials and put your effin' mind into it.

DyingWillDharc
DyingWillDharc
Spritan
Spritan

3/9/2011, 11:27 am
I have, I learned all that I know from ifureadthisdie, but its not good enough, I need some other ways of getting better at flash and by myself I just dont get how to be like the pro's

Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 9153
Registration date : 2009-05-23

3/9/2011, 11:42 am
The first advice is, don't try to be a pro. Try to get good, not seem like someone famous.
DyingWillDharc
DyingWillDharc
Spritan
Spritan

3/9/2011, 11:46 am
im not trying to be LIKE anybody, I just want a teacher who can show me what makes a Flash popular...

Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

3/9/2011, 12:18 pm
Lmao you just want a pretty good damn Flash.

DyingWillDharc
DyingWillDharc
Spritan
Spritan

3/9/2011, 12:27 pm
Well I want to get better at flash but so far I havent a teacher so im as good as im going to get unless someone can teach me something I dont already know...

Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

3/9/2011, 12:32 pm
Look at titty man's videos. Not the tuts. The anims. Short-Factors too. Then ask how can you do that and get working.

I think that you aren't accepting the fact that no one can help you do this. Make cool animations. If your good at physics, smoothness, easing, cinematography and choreography, ect., you shouldn't have this issue.

You...you animate with your heart. Sprite animating ain't no gift. Any fool can do it if they are confident and have an open mind.
Start saying that you'll make a [Sprite] Vs. [Sprite]. Say it'll make us jizz.
Start off by entertaining the thought that you can do better at spriting...

DyingWillDharc
DyingWillDharc
Spritan
Spritan

3/9/2011, 12:50 pm
I have a lack of self Confidence actually... its a problem I sometimes get

Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

3/9/2011, 1:37 pm
You got beef...I mean, motivation. Try it. Build your self esteem to the sky like me. I will be forever be awesome & sexy. Never a modest mother fucker like DarkZero.
Respect yo aass. Never KISS anyone's ass except teh titty man's and Lange (be cool with lange tho keep yo cool). That's right. No special treatment to one particular Spritan. That builds envy, and maybe jealousy, and that'll lead you to someone's footprints. You don't want to follow the footprints.

Make yo OWN God damn footprints. D3anims is doing that. Reeves has done that. KRAnimation is doing that. Just a minorty of people have done that, because when you follow footprints, or in your case, you want to DO something that a Sprite Animator expertt has done, you get stuck in his footprint. They are TOO God damn big for your puny feet. Realisticly, THERE IS A REASON WHY YOU CAN'T DO WHAT THAT EXPERT is DOING!!! If you are struggling trying to follow his footprints, just let it go. SOME people are able to successfully follow the footprints of an expert, but they mess it up.

A GOOD example of this is Alvin Dirtworm. Many people TRY to be famous as Alvin Earthworm. But they can't. They steal his effects and style, but it's never as good as Dirtworm's...the USE of it, I mean. Tons of flaws, and they can't copy Earthworm's style so good. That's when the trolls and critics come in, and hate on you for doing that.

So sure. You can go through a fucking hard struggle to do something like someone, and skip the skills and experience needed to make your animations decent, but overall, it'll be nothing. Sh!t, it's not even your style.
This is similar to the event where scientists cloned a sheep in the early 2000's. Looked exactly like the original, but sooner or later, it died because it had flaws and imperfect properties from the original.
Not the best illustration, but you get what I mean, right? (lord Jehovah, please.)

Right now, discontinue following the footprints. Make yours.

Last edited by Pingboy on 3/9/2011, 1:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

DyingWillDharc
DyingWillDharc
Spritan
Spritan

3/9/2011, 1:50 pm
Whatever non-understandable Slang that was, strangely, I understood it...

Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

3/9/2011, 1:55 pm
I updated the post so you can understand it better. lol

But we can help you go the distance with your footprints. I assure you.
I know you don't want to copy anyone, but what you want, it's stepping in a dangerous territory. Let me illustrate. I just started wrestling cause I wanted to have want Jon Cena has. Teh fame. I learned some good ass moves and I feel that I can be a pro. I travel to the famous arena to take on Jon Cena, and the match just commenced.

Pingasboy:jon mothafucka cena ima take yo ass down ima keel u. *runs towards him*
fuk yea prepare to die shame on u and ur cow motha-
Jon:*lifts teh pingboy out of tjhe arena*
pingasboy: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU i just got ma booty whip.
I just got my ass whipped because I stepped onto dangerous territory and thought I could take on the pros with little experience I had on wrestling.

Like you, Dharc, several times you have stated that you aren't an advance sprite animator. That your a beginner, and you want to be an advance spriter. Here you are askin for someone to teach you what he knows. We don't have the time, and THATS not the way. ONLY you can make yourself like that. Not sure if you have an ulterior motive for being famous, but animate from your heart. Harrycontrol is a brilliantly intelligent guy. He knows what it's like and how it is to do things on your own. Nigga luminary. I THINK so. in my opinion. yea yea great Spritan :)
So lieklol just take ur o

Last edited by Pingboy on 3/9/2011, 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

HarryControl
HarryControl
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-11-05

3/9/2011, 2:12 pm
Hey DyingWillDharc,

why don't you make something and upload it to some place like SpamTheWeb and show it to us in the animation section on this site. Some of the Spritas then may give feedback on what they think about your animation. That could help, and that's one of the main purpose of that section.

I much as I hate criticism there's actually nothing more helpful to me as a sprite animator than constructive criticism.

Needing a Flash Teacher.. Luigi-o
"For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?" - Matthew 16:26
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

3/9/2011, 2:31 pm
Harry! I just updated my last post about you. Welcomen.

DyingWillDharc
DyingWillDharc
Spritan
Spritan

3/9/2011, 2:36 pm
Alright Harrry, Im working on a Flash right now, I'l make a thread on it in the Animations Forum

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum