Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2011-01-16

Clovis's Artwork Empty Clovis's Artwork

2/9/2011, 8:32 pm
I mentioned this very briefly when I first introduced myself here, but I thought I would take the time to more properly mention my artwork today. Since about the summer of 2003 I have been doing artwork in Flash using nothing but a mouse, although it is first draw on paper with a pencil, and this is actually the bulk of what all of my work with flash has been. It started out as a case of using what software/hardware I actually had on hand, and eventually I started to get somehwat good at it. By the way, I am open for commissions.

GALLERY: http://clovis15.deviantart.com/gallery/

Last edited by Clovis15 on 2/9/2011, 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4283
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Clovis's Artwork Empty Re: Clovis's Artwork

2/9/2011, 8:44 pm
Those are actually pretty good for a mouse. I wish i could give you a more analytical response but due to insomnia I'm at a zombie state, so I'll leave you with that compliment.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Watch your ass.
Clovis's Artwork Banned1a7c7e438gif
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20144
Registration date : 2010-09-15

2/9/2011, 11:18 pm
Oh my gosh. They are magnificent... The boobs!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Clovis's Artwork Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan

2/10/2011, 4:36 am
It would seem my art gets a thumbs up from Ping's third arm.
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 9153
Registration date : 2009-05-23

2/10/2011, 5:19 am
That's pretty good Clovis. But some of your artwork have some anatomy errors.
Only a few of your artwork, though lol

BTW, as Eric said, that's pretty good for someone using a mouse. I tried to draw with a mouse way back, but it turned out pretty awkward so I just bought a tablet.

I highly recommend a tablet. It helps a lot.
Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan

2/10/2011, 3:54 pm
Yeah, sometimes the arms or the legs (especially the legs) end up a little too short. I keep trying to work on this, but sometimes I still mess up and don't realize it until I'm way too far along in the coloring process to easily go back and correct it.

The key to just using a mouse in Flash is to ignore the pencil and paintbrush and just use the straight line tool and then grab them and bend them with the mouse, assuming you drew the character on paper first. For more complex curves you use multiple straight lines and connect with the magnet (or whatever it's called in later versions of flash). I know there's the pen tool, but I could never makes heads or tails of that thing.

That said, all the backgrounds were pretty much done freehand entirely in Flash and had no paper equivalent.
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

2/11/2011, 1:57 am
Mr. Clovis. I like female Link the best. It appears she has a round ass. Her boobs are shaded and they seem VERY big and wide. Cleavage. I like blondes with round asses and cleavage. Also, I read how you included the original pencil work in the description. Splendid, Mr. Clovis.

I like your "Training Section" piece too. Her boobs. No bra, Mr. Clovis. Ping likes dat. However, that second shading of the boobs. I don't think it should be there. It doesn't look right. It makes the boobs look they're beehives. They are sexy though.

"Why Not Come Join Me?" I sure would. I'd tackle her down. Untie her shirt, and whip out my pingas. I like this one Mr. Clovis. Her tities are large. That's all I have to say.

"Summer days". Her boobs are fantastic. I like the way how you made the bars and the wood platform. Great use of linear perspective. Wait. Those aren't important, even though you are great with the principles of art and their elements, they aren't really important to drawing NOR flash. ;3. Only boobs. They are more important than scenery and what not. Keep that in mind, Mr. Clovis.

Clovis's Artwork Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 9153
Registration date : 2009-05-23

2/11/2011, 3:39 am
Ping. That's just... weird.
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

2/11/2011, 11:36 am
leocartoon1 wrote:Ping. That's just... weird.
You think so?

Clovis's Artwork Ping10
Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan

2/11/2011, 8:40 pm
Ping, you'll find it much easier in life to get real girls if you tone it back on the creepy.
Anonymous

2/11/2011, 8:59 pm
....pingboy cant get one.
afromario
afromario
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-12-25

2/11/2011, 9:39 pm
ping gone a little bit crazy of the drawings but anyway the drawings they're awsome though

Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan

2/11/2011, 9:42 pm
@afromario wrote:ping gone a little bit crazy of the drawings but anyway the drawings they're awsome though

Thank you, Afro-M.
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

2/12/2011, 1:16 am
Wrong. The girls always want to take my underware off.

Overall, I like your style. 7.5/10.

Clovis's Artwork Ping10
Fallen Kittty-Night
Fallen Kittty-Night
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2010-12-19

2/12/2011, 8:39 pm
Pingboy wrote:Wrong. The girls always want to take my underware off.

Lol I doubt that they would ever do that.

Clovis's Artwork Spritasbanner
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

2/12/2011, 11:03 pm
@Fallen Kittty-Night wrote:
Pingboy wrote:Wrong. The girls always want to take my underware off.

Lol I doubt that they would ever do that.

Your right. Actually, 2 in my life have done that. 1 was effin' around with my pingas with her buns, which I enjoyed, and one pulled my undies off for violent purposes. The rest were just teases. That lets you know not the ENTIRE time of girls pullin' down my undies were for "Fun". ;D.

I hope Clovis isn't uncomfortable.

Clovis's Artwork Ping10
Fallen Kittty-Night
Fallen Kittty-Night
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2010-12-19

2/12/2011, 11:52 pm
Rofllmao.

Clovis's Artwork Spritasbanner
Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan

4/1/2011, 6:35 pm
http://clovis15.deviantart.com/art/Mac-Tonight-Stellar-Musician-203122972

Fan-art of the greatest advertising Mascot ever, merely discontinued purely because McDonalds wasn't powerful enough to contain his sheer awesomeness!
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12925
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

4/1/2011, 6:47 pm
Hm, why didn't i see this topic before?

AND HOLY CRAP I REMEMBER THAT GUY. I had a hot wheel car from McD's and he was on it, and it said open 24 hours or something. /nostalgia ensues

Clovis's Artwork Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Timmy
Timmy
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1185
Registration date : 2010-11-08

4/1/2011, 8:53 pm
Do you use a skeleton/basic geometry layer?

It looks like you are, but an odd one, one that looks like it would be perfect for tweening.

Spoiler:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

4/2/2011, 1:12 am
I don't remember that guy.

Clovis's Artwork Ping10
Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan

4/14/2011, 12:17 am
Sorry for all the late responses here...

To Timmy:

Actually, there is no skeletal layer. I drew all of them first as a pencil sketch, then I went over that with a mouse in flash.

To Ping:

Here's a commercial of him:

Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

4/14/2011, 8:51 am
I see...

Clovis's Artwork Ping10
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum