Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2011-01-16

Rune Factory 2 Empty Rune Factory 2

on 2/1/2011, 4:43 pm
So I started playing Rune Factory 2... this game has been about a 2000% improvement over Rune Factory 1. Marvelous must have really listened to all the complaints they got, both big and anal, as anything you could have possibly complained about the first game has been dramatically improved. At this point my only complaint with the sequel is some of the really bad dubbing at times, and that's more Natsume's fault (and remember that when I say bad, I am normally a hardcore dub guy). Thankfully, there's almost nevery any dubbing for you to have to listen to.

Things improved:

- Improved enemy AI... they don't just march straight towards you where ever you are anymore, so now you can fake them out and attack from behind as they mis-aim.
- Improved weapon behavior, the short sword is no longer the only worthwhile weapon anymore
- Improved levelling... you won't become God without trying anymore... or almost even with trying.
- Improved buying and selling system greatly speeds up seed purchasing
- Initial tools can all charge to do a 3x3 square from beginning
- Tool charging is no longer so slow that it'd be easier to water the 3x3 square 1 square at a time
- Initial hammer can actually break boulders
- Farmable plots glow to show where your charge level will hit when using farming equipment
- Improved and massively increased dialogue content.
- Friendship levels actually change dialogue, at each and every point level.
- People walk around town during the day, and you can actually see this and catch them in transit between locations
- Quest system gives stuff to do when not farming, plus greatly expands on towns people interaction
- You can no longer make farming irrelevant with mining the second you get a hammer
- You can take trained monsters into town now, greatly increasing value of ridable mounts
- Crafted items and prepared dishes actually sell for more than their components.
- Pointless wood grinding has been dramatically decreased
- Monsters in areas change based on the time of day
- Monster item drop rate dramatically increased (no more killing stuff for over 30 minutes just to find one drop)
- Monsters now only have one drop, no more rare and common drop (or rare and more rare as some put it)
- I'm not entirely sure if I'd call this an improvment, but you can now go out with more than one girl during special festivals.
- The calendar in your house does not magically know everyone in town's birthdays from the start of the game when you first move in, they get added to it only if they tell you when it is.
- No longer worry about the rival getting to the girl your were going after first (although I don't think anymore Harvest Moon fan has ever actually been that slow), you can steal her away on the wedding day itself if the love level is high enough.
- In act II of the game's plot you play, the part with heavier combat and villainous forces raining down, you get to play as the child from your marriage in Act I.
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Rune Factory 2 Empty Re: Rune Factory 2

on 2/1/2011, 4:46 pm
Rune Factory......NEVER heard of it, i suggest you put in a link there.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Watch your ass.
Rune Factory 2 Banned1a7c7e438gif
Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/1/2011, 4:51 pm
Sure, but what should I link to? Wikipedia? Amazon? Youtube? Fansite? I don't think the game itself has an official page.

Also, we're actually up to Rune Factory 3 right now... I'm just chronically behind in playing games.
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2008-10-20

on 2/1/2011, 4:59 pm
Wikipedia would be best choice since it gives info.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Watch your ass.
Rune Factory 2 Banned1a7c7e438gif
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15

on 2/1/2011, 5:03 pm
We missed you clovis.

I'll be sure to check Rune Factory 1 out first.

Rune Factory 2 Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/1/2011, 5:58 pm
WARNING: Rune Factory 1 is exceptionally grindy, as well as out of print. Outside of a few references to Rune Factory 1 in 2, which seems to take place about 10 years later, there isn't much incentive to playing it first when 2 is so much better in all regards. That said, if you were going to play both, you would have to play 1 first as you'd never be able to stomach it once you played the far superior 2. On the other hand, there are some world plot concepts which are only really explained in 1 and 2 just sort of assumes you already know them... but unless you REALLY like grinding of various kinds, 1 is a lot less fun than 2.

Last edited by Clovis15 on 2/1/2011, 6:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/1/2011, 6:05 pm
WIKIPEDIA LINKS:

Rune Factory (DS)
Rune Factory 2 (DS)
Rune Factory: Frontier (Wii)*
Rune Factory 3 (DS)
Rune Factory: Oceans (Wii/PS3, Upcoming)

* Translated by XSeed, instead of Natsume, RF: Frontier has far superior dubbing to the Natsume released DS games.
Renny
Renny
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7880
Registration date : 2009-12-12

on 2/1/2011, 6:15 pm
DS xD cool.

Rune Factory 2 34nsbrr
Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/1/2011, 11:28 pm
Counter-Argument to What I Said Earlier:

Rune Factory 1 isn't a bad game, it's just very very grind-tastic... and Rune Factory 2 is just so much mind blowingly better that I could probably never go back to 1 ever again. I guess one could easily start at Rune Factory 1, if they have a stomach for lots of grinding. I just wouldn't want someone driven away from a series because their first introduction to it was its weakest link, and they didn't have a stomach for old school grinding.
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12956
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

on 2/2/2011, 11:43 am
I figured this would be a PC game. and i didn't imagine it would look like final fantasy llol

Rune Factory 2 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum