Renny
Ping
D3Anims
Revler
Face
xKAreloadedx
14 posters
Go down

(this is his back -_-) well tell me what you think?

3 - 30%
5 - 50%
1 - 10%
1 - 10%
0 - 0%

Total Votes: 10

Poll closed
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15

My new character :P (3rd update) - Page 3 Empty Re: My new character :P (3rd update)

2/1/2011, 12:44 pm
I'm wasn't stating what you said.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

My new character :P (3rd update) - Page 3 Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15

My new character :P (3rd update) - Page 3 Empty Re: My new character :P (3rd update)

2/1/2011, 12:50 pm
So then I'm assuming someone posted and then deleted the post, but you saw it? Happened to me before. If not, then... Eh, I really don't care.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

My new character :P (3rd update) - Page 3 UZ3PNb5
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

2/1/2011, 12:54 pm
blitzkrieg667 wrote:So then I'm assuming someone posted and then deleted the post, but you saw it?

No. I was saying in general. My point was, if the sprite isn't pillow shaded, then it's in this form:

http://sdb.drshnaps.com/display.php?object=1409

We're going a bit off topic so we shouldn't continue this conversation.

To Original Poster:

Is there suppose to be green on the old sprite's sleeve?

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2010-07-20

2/1/2011, 8:19 pm
Pingboy wrote:
blitzkrieg667 wrote:So then I'm assuming someone posted and then deleted the post, but you saw it?

No. I was saying in general. My point was, if the sprite isn't pillow shaded, then it's in this form:

http://sdb.drshnaps.com/display.php?object=1409

We're going a bit off topic so we shouldn't continue this conversation.

To Original Poster:

Is there suppose to be green on the old sprite's sleeve?
yeah, it was green, why?? and i've already started sheeting this so, pillow-shaded or not, im not gonna change it now Serious
Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 13142
Registration date : 2009-03-28

2/1/2011, 10:30 pm
I didn't get to see the previous versions, though I see this newly updated one, and I have to admit, this is pretty well done. The shading isn't as great as it could be, though it's pretty darn close. I want to tell you though, be careful not to get too far into detail yet. Because you're going to have to include that in the next sprite, and the next sprite, it would be very annoying to have to sprite small details. I suggest keeping it where you are at and move on to the next sprite, but before you try to get anything really done you should do some tests. Make another random sprite with the light source from a different area, each time, perhaps 3 different sprites with 3 different light sources. This could help you get an ideal idea of how to do this, that way when you do it for this character it wouldn't have as many mistakes.

Otherwise, so far, really nice job. Whereas I read all this 'pillow-shading'...the version I see now, does not at all have such obvious pillow-shading. Whomever is stating this is knit-picking hard, and you shouldn't fuss too much of it. The sprite you have now is fine as it is. Well done. : )
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan

2/1/2011, 10:53 pm
Pattiasina24 wrote:I didn't get to see the previous versions, though I see this newly updated one, and I have to admit, this is pretty well done. The shading isn't as great as it could be, though it's pretty darn close. I want to tell you though, be careful not to get too far into detail yet. Because you're going to have to include that in the next sprite, and the next sprite, it would be very annoying to have to sprite small details. I suggest keeping it where you are at and move on to the next sprite, but before you try to get anything really done you should do some tests. Make another random sprite with the light source from a different area, each time, perhaps 3 different sprites with 3 different light sources. This could help you get an ideal idea of how to do this, that way when you do it for this character it wouldn't have as many mistakes.

Otherwise, so far, really nice job. Whereas I read all this 'pillow-shading'...the version I see now, does not at all have such obvious pillow-shading. Whomever is stating this is knit-picking hard, and you shouldn't fuss too much of it. The sprite you have now is fine as it is. Well done. : )
WELL, NICE TO HAVE YOU BACK WITH US PATT. Very Happy and thank you sir, ive actually noticed that, its already tedious making new sprites lol, so im just gonna make poorly shaded sprites and recolor them later.
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

2/1/2011, 11:38 pm
Patt. Yeah, he's an off and on whore. :3. You feel good now that Patt said that?

Leo
Leo
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

2/2/2011, 5:25 am
Pattiasina24 wrote:Otherwise, so far, really nice job. Whereas I read all this 'pillow-shading'...the version I see now, does not at all have such obvious pillow-shading. Whomever is stating this is knit-picking hard, and you shouldn't fuss too much of it. The sprite you have now is fine as it is. Well done. : )

Patt. You should see the old version. You would nit-pick.
Renny
Renny
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7880
Registration date : 2009-12-12

2/2/2011, 4:25 pm
LOL Patt really returned. Anyway, the new colors are better.

My new character :P (3rd update) - Page 3 34nsbrr
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4905
Registration date : 2009-01-23
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

2/2/2011, 9:37 pm
DUDE...He's cool looking. I wish I could make customs...then again I quit spriting in general lol

But the dudes cool looking. Cant wait to see the finished project...5/5
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan

2/3/2011, 5:22 pm
xRAPIDFIR3xPHO3NIXx wrote:DUDE...He's cool looking. I wish I could make customs...then again I quit spriting in general lol

But the dudes cool looking. Cant wait to see the finished project...5/5
DUDE...you should never give up bro, cuz you can only get better at it Very Happy
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan

2/4/2011, 5:05 am
Updated again guys, his stance (back view) tell me what u think Razz
Leo
Leo

2/4/2011, 5:39 am
Hey. Well, it's not bad. But you should think of moving his pants also. You know, when we move, everything moves.
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

2/4/2011, 10:15 am
Don't look pillow shaded.

Renny
Renny
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7880
Registration date : 2009-12-12

2/4/2011, 10:20 am
It's better.

My new character :P (3rd update) - Page 3 34nsbrr
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan

2/4/2011, 8:00 pm
leocartoon1 wrote:Hey. Well, it's not bad. But you should think of moving his pants also. You know, when we move, everything moves.
hmm...im havin a little trouble with that, how exactly would his pants move (they're baggy pants, so i imagine they would not move)
but yeah, i was thinking of giving him long hair so i could make that move, cuz idk...if he has short hair how would i move it scratch
lol this is more tedious than i thought it would be, some advice would be much apprecited Very Happy
Leo
Leo

2/5/2011, 4:07 am
Try searching capes, pants, and even hair blowing in Youtube. There should be some stock footage that should help you when doing these movements. If you can't find it on YT, try searching on the interwebz.
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15

2/5/2011, 4:32 am
Well, mainly it would just kinda blow to the left or right(Whatever direction the wind's coming from), but the further down the trousers, the more it blows. of course, the waist wouldn't move at all. If you can't get it too look right, just try and do a skewing movement, and fix the movement later.

**edit** Oops, I was thinking it was wind blowing. my bad. ^_^
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum