Go down

(this is his back -_-) well tell me what you think?

3 - 30%
5 - 50%
1 - 10%
1 - 10%
0 - 0%

Total Votes: 10

Poll closed
Anonymous

My new character :P (3rd update) - Page 2 Empty Re: My new character :P (3rd update)

1/29/2011, 10:10 pm
yes,no lange,please,no.
you cant even see his face.
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2010-07-20

My new character :P (3rd update) - Page 2 Empty Re: My new character :P (3rd update)

1/30/2011, 12:01 am
Okay guys...(God im spriting alot today lol) updated again :)...gettin better and better (in my opinion) just keep critiquing XD
...and by the way, i like to draw the back profile of my characters first so....yeah :/ no face yet
darkdragon581
darkdragon581
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2994
Registration date : 2009-12-05

1/30/2011, 12:04 am
his head looks like a marshmallow :3
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan

1/30/2011, 12:07 am
@darkdragon581 wrote:his head looks like a marshmallow :3
a very well cooked marshmellow :3
Leo
Leo
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

1/30/2011, 4:57 am
He looks pretty good.

But, you went and kept the pillow-shading on his hair and his jacket (or shirt, IDK). The pants look better now, but the sides look too symmetrical.

BTW, when you re-shade him again, try following these tutorials :
Mark's Pixel Art Tutorial (shading tutorial)
Kiwinuptuo's Shading Tutorial

I give it a 4/5 because of it's flaws. But its design is pretty nice.
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2009-09-07

1/30/2011, 7:53 am
Those tutorials should come in handy Very Happy
Thanks Leo.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan

1/30/2011, 8:59 am
leocartoon1 wrote:He looks pretty good.

But, you went and kept the pillow-shading on his hair and his jacket (or shirt, IDK). The pants look better now, but the sides look too symmetrical.

BTW, when you re-shade him again, try following these tutorials :
Mark's Pixel Art Tutorial (shading tutorial)
Kiwinuptuo's Shading Tutorial

I give it a 4/5 because of it's flaws. But its design is pretty nice.
ok sweet, and btw now i see what you meant by pillow shading. I got u bro, when i come back from work, im going to fix all the little details XD cuz well....i want that 5/5 :face: and its good practice so.....yeah Serious
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan

1/30/2011, 4:22 pm
third update, small but critique is appreciated
Leo
Leo

1/30/2011, 4:41 pm
It's now pretty good. It now looks as if the sun was placed in the top-right instead of being just in front of the character.

5/5.
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan

1/30/2011, 6:19 pm
leocartoon1 wrote:It's now pretty good. It now looks as if the sun was placed in the top-right instead of being just in front of the character.

5/5.
sweet, if u have any last advice, twould b awsum cuz once i settle down on his appearance, im gonna sheet him Cool my 2nd OC Very Happy
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29

1/30/2011, 6:46 pm
swordsmen are awesome I working on one (he's in my sig ) still need a voice for him......

___________________________________________________________________________________________

My new character :P (3rd update) - Page 2 Untitl15
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15

1/30/2011, 9:05 pm
The new one is pretty kick-a.

My new character :P (3rd update) - Page 2 Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Mistah_Jayden
Mistah_Jayden
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2009-04-06

1/30/2011, 10:40 pm
That looks pretty good. The shading in general is pillow shaded but thats not really a big deal.
Madfacespriter your icon......that LSW head doesn't go with that body bro....
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29

1/30/2011, 11:05 pm
@Mistah_Jayden wrote:That looks pretty good. The shading in general is pillow shaded but thats not really a big deal.
Madfacespriter your icon......that LSW head doesn't go with that body bro....
LOL I know this was scraped a long time ago

My new character :P (3rd update) - Page 2 Untitl15
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

1/30/2011, 11:31 pm
That's saaad lol.

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan

1/31/2011, 12:48 am
madfacespriter wrote:swordsmen are awesome I working on one (he's in my sig ) still need a voice for him......
i know right!! xD, one day tho...ill make a fighter
Pingboy wrote:The new one is pretty kick-a.
@Mistah_Jayden wrote:That looks pretty good. The shading in general is pillow shaded but thats not really a big deal.
thx lol i tried not to but....meh ill get the hang of it(thanks to Leo Very Happy )
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

1/31/2011, 1:04 am
How long did I take you?

Leo
Leo

1/31/2011, 5:40 am
@xKAreloadedx wrote:
leocartoon1 wrote:It's now pretty good. It now looks as if the sun was placed in the top-right instead of being just in front of the character.

5/5.
sweet, if u have any last advice, twould b awsum cuz once i settle down on his appearance, im gonna sheet him Cool my 2nd OC Very Happy

Any last advice....

Well, I don't have none. I would say dithering but nevermind that, as it would make your sprite look full of unnecessary pixels and what not.

So, my last advice is... keep up the good work.
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15

1/31/2011, 10:00 am
still looks pillow-shaded. if you're having trouble shading, draw a sun, and try and imagine where the light would go and the shading would go.

My new character :P (3rd update) - Page 2 UZ3PNb5
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

1/31/2011, 10:22 am
blitzkrieg667 wrote:still looks pillow-shaded. if you're having trouble shading, draw a sun, and try and imagine where the light would go and the shading would go.
Or he could look at some real jeans.

xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan

1/31/2011, 12:07 pm
Pingboy wrote:How long did I take you?
about a couple of hours to come up with the base, and about 1 for the details and shading
leocartoon1 wrote:
@xKAreloadedx wrote:

5/5.

Any last advice....

Well, I don't have none. I would say dithering but nevermind that, as it would make your sprite look full of unnecessary pixels and what not.

So, my last advice is... keep up the good work.
k cool, ill do that xD
blitzkrieg667 wrote:still looks pillow-shaded. if you're having trouble shading, draw a sun, and try and imagine where the light would go and the shading would go.
i did do that, the only thing thats really pillow shaded kinda are the pants and well, w.e im not gonna fret too much about that. If you imagine the sun as being on the top right you'll see that the shading is fairly well put.
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

2/1/2011, 11:15 am
It's a bit pillow shaded. The pants. Coat too.

BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

2/1/2011, 11:30 am
Pillow-shaded; No defined light-source. You can't really tell where the light's coming from. the head is better, but the sprite in general is still pillow-shaded.

Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

2/1/2011, 12:10 pm
So in terms of a non-pillow shaded sprite, ALL of the pixels in the pants would have to be different shades?

BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

2/1/2011, 12:34 pm
What? I didn't say that.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum