What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

+15
Blue22
DemonicDragony93
Ping
Leo
Eric
Mr Lange
YoshiSonic
Granadico
DarkInfernoZ
SXR123
Timmy
darkdragon581
D3Anims
Clovis15
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
19 posters
Go down
DemonicDragony93
DemonicDragony93
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2010-04-26

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 3 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

1/23/2011, 8:21 am
Toxic Reaper wrote:
@DemonicDragony93 wrote:
Toxic Reaper wrote:
leocartoon1 wrote:I don't care for Shadefalcon as his animations are good as supershadow124 trash. He's also making Sonic edits for money (for some stupid reason).
Ikr that what I don't like about him like he says that he needs the money and shit

this is the first time i've ever heard someone charge money to make edits...pathetic
Go on his denviart page

na i'm not. i would probabily start something. and i have no interest...still

___________________________________________________________________________________________

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 3 Pic

A Goomba's Life - Episode 1 Scientails 100% Complete.
A Goomba's Life - Episode 2 Goomba Stomping day - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 3 Rocket - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 4 Unwanted Mouse - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 5 The Date - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 6 Babysitting Hell - 50% Complete
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 9153
Registration date : 2009-05-23

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 3 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

1/23/2011, 8:23 am
BTW, I don't hate him but I don't like his series.
Toxic
Toxic
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 5122
Registration date : 2010-10-03

1/23/2011, 9:40 am
leocartoon1 wrote:BTW, I don't hate him but I don't like his series.
I personally do at time but i could be a cliche at times
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20144
Registration date : 2010-09-15

1/26/2011, 1:36 am
Yes. You can. Dirtworm can suk it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 3 Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4905
Registration date : 2009-01-23
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

1/26/2011, 5:29 pm
Although SMBZ did ruin the spriting community, I do have to admit that Alvin is good at making and executing his ideas.

Heh, Imagine if Alvin put a link to the Spritas in all of his videos...
Knux
Knux
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2826
Registration date : 2010-02-17

1/26/2011, 5:33 pm
xRAPIDFIR3xPHO3NIXx wrote:Although SMBZ did ruin the spriting community, I do have to admit that Alvin is good at making and executing his ideas.

Thousands of people 0_0
Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2011-01-16

1/26/2011, 5:54 pm
You could claim any super successfull spriter for that time period has ruined the sprite scene. Around 2001 this conversation would have been complaining about VGDC's famous "Mario Vs Sonic" and "Mack Daddy Mario" as the problems everyone was trying hard to emulate. Some day in the future someone new will be famous, and become the new target for everyone's adoration/ire.
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

1/26/2011, 10:57 pm
You.

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan

1/26/2011, 11:06 pm
Pingboy wrote:You.
I... huh?
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

1/26/2011, 11:11 pm
@Clovis15 wrote:. Some day in the future someone new will be famous, and become the new target for everyone's adoration/ire.
You... will be famouse, and will become the new target for EVERYONE'S adoration.

Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan

1/26/2011, 11:12 pm
Har-har, I wish...
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4283
Registration date : 2008-10-20

1/26/2011, 11:57 pm
@DemonicDragony93 wrote:

Honestly i agree with you. it's just another mario/sonic crossover with dbz in the mix nothing really new..
You'd be right, if it wasn't for the fact that SMBZ the ERUPTION of the crossover, before if that ever happened, it was usually just for the lulz, a funny joke, not a serious action packed series.
It may seem so generic now, because fans ripped him off to the bone, and you're tired of it by now, but give credit where it's due, if people weren't so fucking gay, SMBZ would be smacking us with the feel of freshness.

Toxic Reaper wrote:Yeah Smbz creation destoryed the spriting community a lot ;D BladedevilX is making a drawn animation now and I can't wait for Shadefalcons new animation
SMBZ didn't destroy anything, the fans did.
That's like blaming the weapon used in a killing, instead of the person.
"I killed him...with a shovel" "HOW COULD THAT SHOVEL DO SUCH A THING!"

@DemonicDragony93 wrote:

this is the first time i've ever heard someone charge money to make edits...pathetic
RPFfaggot, creator of the SMBZ rip off tastic super sonic bros AF or what fucking ever. Which is pretty much a DUMP of fanchars, irrelevant sprites, peppered with some SMBZ and shitty animation dressing, was demanding donations or he doesn't continue the series.
Knowing how stupid people are, some people actually supported him, and when i reprimanded him about soliciting money from ignorant kids, his half brain fans actually defended his fat mexican lazy ass. Get a job.
The fucktard even had the nerve to GIVE HIMSELF AN INTERVIEW, self proclaiming like a Hollywood whore.

xRAPIDFIR3xPHO3NIXx wrote:Although SMBZ did ruin the spriting community, I do have to admit that Alvin is good at making and executing his ideas.

Again, SMBZ didn't do anything but give people something so good, they fucking ruined it for everyone.

Watch your ass.
What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 3 Banned1a7c7e438gif
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

1/27/2011, 12:00 am
Yeah. I figured the characters Alvin used were just for the lulz. I mean... Mario and Sonic? Bleh.

Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator

1/27/2011, 12:07 am
You didn't read right, BEFORE alvin, it was mostly just for the lulz, alvin took it a bit more seriously.
Also, Mario and Sonic, the mascots for Nintendo and Sega, who had an intense console war (in which Nintendo roasted sega) for years. Which pretty much defined gaming in the 80's and mid 90's.
Everybody wanted to see Mario and Sonic together, as allies, or enemies.

Watch your ass.
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

1/27/2011, 12:11 am
Ah... AH. Ok. Never mind. Also, nice illustration.

@Eric wrote:SMBZ didn't destroy anything, the fans did.

LoneVeritas
LoneVeritas
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1137
Registration date : 2010-06-29

1/27/2011, 12:34 am
@Eric wrote:SMBZ didn't destroy anything, the fans did.
That ... poor ... misunderstood shovel ... YOU GUYS SHOULD ALL GO TO NICKERSON GARDENS!!!
What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 3 Dgsgde10

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 3 Yghjhj10
HarryControl
HarryControl
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-11-05

1/27/2011, 1:08 am
Oh, golly good gravy! I don't even know where to begin on my long story how I started sprite animating. Yes, obviously SMBZ was a major contribution to how I started, but there's more behind it then just SMBZ alone.
Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan

1/27/2011, 1:53 am
Actually, Alvin wasn't the first... the first to potentially do what Alvin actually ended up doing, simply didn't go the distance.

I submit exhibit A: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/271932

Most people would take a look at this and say this is clearly the first episode of a pathetic - if not well animated and written - Alvin Earthworm rip-off... BZZT, WRONG!

Look at the submission date, entire years before Alvin would ever think to try the same himself.

Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator

1/27/2011, 4:31 am
Actually, this wasn't the first crossover between Mario and Luigi, Clovis.

Acording to my research, Daniel Sun was the first to make one as one of his first movies (Mario All Star Aventure, an old animation) was released in 2004, two years before Alvin could think on doing SMBZ.

Don't believe me? Well, look at this : http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/152497
HarryControl
HarryControl
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-11-05

1/27/2011, 5:23 am
leocartoon1 wrote:Don't believe me? Well, look at this : http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/152497

I reley don't want to say this like axman13, but I have to now...

Those reviews on the are so underrated! I mean all they do is complain about the movie. That's it!
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator

1/27/2011, 5:40 am
Yeah. People are freakin' stupid to realize that this movie is from 8 years ago.
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

1/27/2011, 7:37 am
That was actually great.

Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan

1/27/2011, 3:40 pm
leocartoon1 wrote:Actually, this wasn't the first crossover between Mario and Luigi, Clovis.

If you're making the Criteria MARIO AND LUIGI, I'm sure I could find something far older.
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator

1/27/2011, 3:45 pm
@HarryControl wrote:
leocartoon1 wrote:Don't believe me? Well, look at this : http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/152497

I reley don't want to say this like axman13, but I have to now...

Those reviews on the are so underrated! I mean all they do is complain about the movie. That's it!
DOT DOT DOT

Also i never said alvin was the first, but he was the one who erupted the Mario and Sonic crossover idea, and that can't be denied. Plus DBZ with it.

Watch your ass.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum