Go down
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 4902
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Location : Hollow Bastion
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/20/2011, 7:08 pm
@Mr Lange wrote:I got into sprite animation like RIGHT when it started. My first sprite exploits ever happened when I was 12, with RPG Maker 2000, and later Game Maker. I saw some ancient Sonic sprite animation on Sonic Stadium (which is actually still good if it exists today) and realized how excellent the idea was, to harness powerful animation tools on old game graphics. So much could be done with it! Being a hardcore fan of retro games, I got a trial version of Swish and started learning... I made a sprite animation about Tails being a total fuck up and ruining Sonic's life. It was never finished : (

In 2004 I discovered Newgrounds, so along with that came Randy Solem and lgdvegetto's work, along with the variety of other sprite movies that started appearing, being a new trend. I got Swish 2 as a bday present and after a while of learning, made a fight between Sonic and Shadow. You can see that on NG now, its my first submission.

Shortly after that I met BDX, and we learned a lot having motivated each other constantly to practice. In 2006 he convinced me to use Flash instead of Swish. I think the rest is history from there.

I FORGOT ABOUT SWISH!!!
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2008-10-20
Location : New York

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/20/2011, 7:46 pm
Rofl swish, when i was desperate looking for the right program i tried it and failed horribly. It's the best program for a pseudo flash

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Watch your ass.
What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Banned1a7c7e438gif
DemonicDragony93
DemonicDragony93
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 34
Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2010-04-26
Location : Selma, Alabama

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/20/2011, 9:27 pm
It all started for me when Rise of the mushroom kingdom came out. I enjoyed it then i looked up what it was made in and i thought to myself i wanted to make something like that. not exactly like that but my own story and so i did. Through countless trial and errors (Cause i didn't have anybody to help me or i didn't read any tutorials) i eventually got better and now although it's tough work i can't get enough of it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Pic

A Goomba's Life - Episode 1 Scientails 100% Complete.
A Goomba's Life - Episode 2 Goomba Stomping day - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 3 Rocket - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 4 Unwanted Mouse - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 5 The Date - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 6 Babysitting Hell - 50% Complete
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 24
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15
Location : Madison Wisconsin

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/21/2011, 4:32 pm
xRAPIDFIR3xPHO3NIXx wrote:
@Mr Lange wrote:I got into sprite animation like RIGHT when it started. My first sprite exploits ever happened when I was 12, with RPG Maker 2000, and later Game Maker. I saw some ancient Sonic sprite animation on Sonic Stadium (which is actually still good if it exists today) and realized how excellent the idea was, to harness powerful animation tools on old game graphics. So much could be done with it! Being a hardcore fan of retro games, I got a trial version of Swish and started learning... I made a sprite animation about Tails being a total fuck up and ruining Sonic's life. It was never finished : (

In 2004 I discovered Newgrounds, so along with that came Randy Solem and lgdvegetto's work, along with the variety of other sprite movies that started appearing, being a new trend. I got Swish 2 as a bday present and after a while of learning, made a fight between Sonic and Shadow. You can see that on NG now, its my first submission.

Shortly after that I met BDX, and we learned a lot having motivated each other constantly to practice. In 2006 he convinced me to use Flash instead of Swish. I think the rest is history from there.

I FORGOT ABOUT SWISH!!!

Fckin' dinosaur. Your so old and droopy.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
DemonicDragony93
DemonicDragony93
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 34
Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2010-04-26
Location : Selma, Alabama

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/22/2011, 12:07 am
Pingboy wrote:
xRAPIDFIR3xPHO3NIXx wrote:
@Mr Lange wrote:I got into sprite animation like RIGHT when it started. My first sprite exploits ever happened when I was 12, with RPG Maker 2000, and later Game Maker. I saw some ancient Sonic sprite animation on Sonic Stadium (which is actually still good if it exists today) and realized how excellent the idea was, to harness powerful animation tools on old game graphics. So much could be done with it! Being a hardcore fan of retro games, I got a trial version of Swish and started learning... I made a sprite animation about Tails being a total fuck up and ruining Sonic's life. It was never finished : (

In 2004 I discovered Newgrounds, so along with that came Randy Solem and lgdvegetto's work, along with the variety of other sprite movies that started appearing, being a new trend. I got Swish 2 as a bday present and after a while of learning, made a fight between Sonic and Shadow. You can see that on NG now, its my first submission.

Shortly after that I met BDX, and we learned a lot having motivated each other constantly to practice. In 2006 he convinced me to use Flash instead of Swish. I think the rest is history from there.

I FORGOT ABOUT SWISH!!!

Fckin' dinosaur. Your so old and droopy.

i'll have u know i'm in my prime thank you....

___________________________________________________________________________________________

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Pic

A Goomba's Life - Episode 1 Scientails 100% Complete.
A Goomba's Life - Episode 2 Goomba Stomping day - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 3 Rocket - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 4 Unwanted Mouse - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 5 The Date - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 6 Babysitting Hell - 50% Complete
Blue22
Blue22
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 26
Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2010-10-11

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/22/2011, 6:40 pm
Lol my inspiration isn't as interesting as any of yours. SMBZ was the first sprite movie I ever saw and I thought it'd be fun to try something like that out Razz

___________________________________________________________________________________________

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Tumblr_mven6wOtdu1sjkcw8o1_1280
Timmy
Timmy
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 22
Number of posts : 1186
Registration date : 2010-11-08
Location : Windsor Ontario, Canada

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/22/2011, 7:04 pm
I didn't like SMBZ much, there was no creativity in the movements.

Anyway, I think the Sprite TV collabs got me intrested...

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Spoiler:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Toxic
Toxic
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 107
Number of posts : 5139
Registration date : 2010-10-03
Location : Guess

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/22/2011, 7:07 pm
BlackDevilX got me into spriting ;D
DemonicDragony93
DemonicDragony93
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 34
Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2010-04-26
Location : Selma, Alabama

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/22/2011, 9:18 pm
Toxic Reaper wrote:BlackDevilX got me into spriting ;D

Man i remember BlackdevilX wonderwhatever happended to him. Good buddy

___________________________________________________________________________________________

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Pic

A Goomba's Life - Episode 1 Scientails 100% Complete.
A Goomba's Life - Episode 2 Goomba Stomping day - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 3 Rocket - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 4 Unwanted Mouse - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 5 The Date - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 6 Babysitting Hell - 50% Complete
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2008-10-20
Location : New York

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/22/2011, 9:21 pm
@DemonicDragony93 wrote:
Toxic Reaper wrote:BlackDevilX got me into spriting ;D

Man i remember BlackdevilX wonderwhatever happended to him. Good buddy
Well he's bla-
Just ask lange.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Watch your ass.
What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Banned1a7c7e438gif
DemonicDragony93
DemonicDragony93
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 34
Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2010-04-26
Location : Selma, Alabama

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/22/2011, 9:22 pm
@Eric wrote:
@DemonicDragony93 wrote:
Toxic Reaper wrote:BlackDevilX got me into spriting ;D

Man i remember BlackdevilX wonderwhatever happended to him. Good buddy
Well he's bla-
Just ask lange.

lol nice one. ya know there's not to many good artists left. in the flash community...i mean there's potiential out there but not to many worth while artists..it's sad

___________________________________________________________________________________________

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Pic

A Goomba's Life - Episode 1 Scientails 100% Complete.
A Goomba's Life - Episode 2 Goomba Stomping day - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 3 Rocket - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 4 Unwanted Mouse - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 5 The Date - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 6 Babysitting Hell - 50% Complete
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 30
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19
Location : The Land of Waldos

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/22/2011, 9:43 pm
Actually there are lots of very incredible Flash artists out there still active and still blooming. Newgrounds is more active than ever these days.
I believe its sprite animation you're talking about. There's very few good sprite animators still active.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Fzero%20death%20race
Anonymous
Guest
Guest

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/22/2011, 9:45 pm
yea..them good ones arnt on that much.but we got alot of good ones here.
i could name them but i dont wanna.
DemonicDragony93
DemonicDragony93
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 34
Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2010-04-26
Location : Selma, Alabama

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/22/2011, 9:46 pm
@Mr Lange wrote:Actually there are lots of very incredible Flash artists out there still active and still blooming. Newgrounds is more active than ever these days.
I believe its sprite animation you're talking about. There's very few good sprite animators still active.

yea thats what i meant

___________________________________________________________________________________________

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Pic

A Goomba's Life - Episode 1 Scientails 100% Complete.
A Goomba's Life - Episode 2 Goomba Stomping day - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 3 Rocket - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 4 Unwanted Mouse - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 5 The Date - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 6 Babysitting Hell - 50% Complete
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 24
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15
Location : Madison Wisconsin

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/23/2011, 12:43 am
SMBZ can go to hell.

*Embraces the impact of Lange*

___________________________________________________________________________________________

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
DemonicDragony93
DemonicDragony93
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 34
Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2010-04-26
Location : Selma, Alabama

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/23/2011, 1:05 am
Pingboy wrote:SMBZ can go to hell.

*Embraces the impact of Lange*

Honestly i agree with you. it's just another mario/sonic crossover with dbz in the mix nothing really new..

___________________________________________________________________________________________

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Pic

A Goomba's Life - Episode 1 Scientails 100% Complete.
A Goomba's Life - Episode 2 Goomba Stomping day - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 3 Rocket - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 4 Unwanted Mouse - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 5 The Date - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 6 Babysitting Hell - 50% Complete
Leo
Leo
Moderator
Moderator
Age : 23
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23
Location : Brazil

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/23/2011, 4:56 am
Yeah but you have to admit, SMBZ is one of the most popular sprite movies. It's so popular that people ripped off its style and other stuff aswell.

But, something that was pretty good (although being cheesy now), is Sonic Quest For Power.
It was revolutionary when it was posted on Newgrounds. I still wonder what the heck happened to LGDVegetto.
DemonicDragony93
DemonicDragony93
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 34
Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2010-04-26
Location : Selma, Alabama

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/23/2011, 5:08 am
leocartoon1 wrote:Yeah but you have to admit, SMBZ is one of the most popular sprite movies. It's so popular that people ripped off its style and other stuff aswell.

But, something that was pretty good (although being cheesy now), is Sonic Quest For Power.
It was revolutionary when it was posted on Newgrounds. I still wonder what the heck happened to LGDVegetto.

yea you're totally right but what's irritating the hell out of me is half of these smbz fanboys are confusing the music used in the flash series as His own. when in reality he gets it from diffrent sources like everyone. Example you play that smw techno song everyone thinks it was made for smbz when in fact that song had been out for years back in the rise of the mushroom kingdom days.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Pic

A Goomba's Life - Episode 1 Scientails 100% Complete.
A Goomba's Life - Episode 2 Goomba Stomping day - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 3 Rocket - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 4 Unwanted Mouse - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 5 The Date - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 6 Babysitting Hell - 50% Complete
Leo
Leo
Moderator
Moderator
Age : 23
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23
Location : Brazil

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/23/2011, 5:35 am
You got a point there.

But, I don't care. I'm actually getting myself ready to make my own music for my flashes (then they will be mine >:] ).
DemonicDragony93
DemonicDragony93
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 34
Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2010-04-26
Location : Selma, Alabama

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/23/2011, 7:17 am
leocartoon1 wrote:You got a point there.

But, I don't care. I'm actually getting myself ready to make my own music for my flashes (then they will be mine >:] ).

i wish i had the time to learn how to make music....geez i got to many fucking hobbies

___________________________________________________________________________________________

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Pic

A Goomba's Life - Episode 1 Scientails 100% Complete.
A Goomba's Life - Episode 2 Goomba Stomping day - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 3 Rocket - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 4 Unwanted Mouse - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 5 The Date - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 6 Babysitting Hell - 50% Complete
Toxic
Toxic
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 107
Number of posts : 5139
Registration date : 2010-10-03
Location : Guess

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/23/2011, 7:18 am
Yeah Smbz creation destoryed the spriting community a lot ;D BladedevilX is making a drawn animation now and I can't wait for Shadefalcons new animation
Leo
Leo
Moderator
Moderator
Age : 23
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23
Location : Brazil

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/23/2011, 7:51 am
I don't care for Shadefalcon as his animations are good as supershadow124 trash. He's also making Sonic edits for money (for some stupid reason).
Toxic
Toxic
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 107
Number of posts : 5139
Registration date : 2010-10-03
Location : Guess

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/23/2011, 8:02 am
leocartoon1 wrote:I don't care for Shadefalcon as his animations are good as supershadow124 trash. He's also making Sonic edits for money (for some stupid reason).
Ikr that what I don't like about him like he says that he needs the money and shit
DemonicDragony93
DemonicDragony93
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 34
Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2010-04-26
Location : Selma, Alabama

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/23/2011, 8:08 am
Toxic Reaper wrote:
leocartoon1 wrote:I don't care for Shadefalcon as his animations are good as supershadow124 trash. He's also making Sonic edits for money (for some stupid reason).
Ikr that what I don't like about him like he says that he needs the money and shit

this is the first time i've ever heard someone charge money to make edits...pathetic

___________________________________________________________________________________________

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Pic

A Goomba's Life - Episode 1 Scientails 100% Complete.
A Goomba's Life - Episode 2 Goomba Stomping day - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 3 Rocket - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 4 Unwanted Mouse - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 5 The Date - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 6 Babysitting Hell - 50% Complete
Toxic
Toxic
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 107
Number of posts : 5139
Registration date : 2010-10-03
Location : Guess

What got you to make a Sprite Animation? - Page 2 Empty Re: What got you to make a Sprite Animation?

on 1/23/2011, 8:13 am
@DemonicDragony93 wrote:
Toxic Reaper wrote:
leocartoon1 wrote:I don't care for Shadefalcon as his animations are good as supershadow124 trash. He's also making Sonic edits for money (for some stupid reason).
Ikr that what I don't like about him like he says that he needs the money and shit

this is the first time i've ever heard someone charge money to make edits...pathetic
Go on his denviart page
Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum