Go down
Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2011-01-16

Massive Vectorized Chrono Trigger File Empty Massive Vectorized Chrono Trigger File

1/18/2011, 3:55 am
http://www.ultrapublications.com/forumpics/MovementAnimations.fla

Here, this is the massive sprite library I use for CTU. Almost every sprite used in CTU between Episodes 11 and 22 are in here, including many I've never used at all yet. Also, Marathon Man is an original sprite edit designed by a collaboration of myself and Kris Sumrall. If you use him, please give credit accordingly.

WARNING: The walking/running loops were originally made with 12fps in mind, but this can easilly be changed.
Leo
Leo
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Massive Vectorized Chrono Trigger File Empty Re: Massive Vectorized Chrono Trigger File

1/18/2011, 4:26 am
I doubt I'd use this, but I'm gonna take a look anyway. I'm gonna edit my post later when I finish downloading this.

EDIT : Downloaded it. Looked through everything. That's pretty organized Clovis.

BTW, it's not that good to trace bitmaps, but you probably did know that.
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Massive Vectorized Chrono Trigger File Empty Re: Massive Vectorized Chrono Trigger File

1/18/2011, 7:38 am
It's fine in his case, he doesn't do anything graphic intensive, since he's most likely dialogue and simple movements.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Watch your ass.
Massive Vectorized Chrono Trigger File Banned1a7c7e438gif
Leo
Leo

1/18/2011, 7:40 am
Yeah, there's not much to do with these sprites anyway.
Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan

1/18/2011, 1:57 pm
It isn't always just talking, but there definitely is a lot of talking.
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2008-10-20

1/18/2011, 1:59 pm
@Clovis15 wrote:It isn't always just talking, but there definitely is a lot of talking.
But nothing graphic intensive to cause lag none the less. Which is what leocartoons is concerned about.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Watch your ass.
Massive Vectorized Chrono Trigger File Banned1a7c7e438gif
Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan

1/18/2011, 2:04 pm
Well, maybe not yet. There are plans to have a massive battle sequence when they face the RX Series at the end of the first future segment. However, at the rate I go, that is still a very long ways off.
Leo
Leo

1/18/2011, 2:34 pm
Yet it wouldn't be something completely HUGE and stuff. Unless you actually do it that way.
Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan

1/18/2011, 2:59 pm
It started out as a bad habbit caused by the fact that when I began working on CTU I didn't have any secondary software for art outside of MS Paint itself for splitting up the sprite sheets into individual sprites, and thus I ended up doing almost everything inside flash instead. Even if there were free alternatives, there wasn't anyone around to reliably point them out back then; eventually you get so far along that it's far easier to stay the course than than to start over from scratch when you do learn better ways. At least I can say I was smart enough to never bitmap trace the backgrounds, which I can't say for my predecessor.
Leo
Leo

1/18/2011, 4:47 pm
Well, there's now GIMP, Paint.NET and a bunch of free alternatives.
Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan

1/18/2011, 4:57 pm
I once had to use GIMP for a class in 2006, it was an unpleasant experience where I could barely make heads or tails of it. I might still look into paint.net for the other flash series I've been planning if I ever get around to actually starting it, unlike CTU it would actually be a lot more animated.
Revler
Revler
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2010-12-21

1/18/2011, 4:59 pm
Would it have massive fight sequences?

Spoiler:
Massive Vectorized Chrono Trigger File Derp_luigi_by_leocartoon1yt-d4un39g Thanks leo for the derp luigi Very Happy
Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan

1/18/2011, 5:46 pm
Yes, although not every episode.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum