Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2011-01-16

Chrono Trigger Collab Empty Chrono Trigger Collab

1/16/2011, 9:40 pm
I've been thinking about doing this for quite a while, and I've finally decided to sit down and get this started. After all, if I don't, it doesn't seem like anyone else will either. So here's the deal, Newgrounds has not yet had a multiple author Chrono series based skit compilation, so let's work on fixing that. Here are the following guidelines for the project so far:

- Entries may be of any length you deem fit for the idea, and can actually get done.
- Entries are to be 30fps, at 550x400 (default resolution), with your stage color set to black.
- Only use Flash 8 or earlier, have all audio files set to stream rather than start/event, and be sure to have everything in the symbol library have your user name as part of the symbol name (i.e.: Clovis15_Crono_Running_Up).
- I will be putting in as many entries as size limitations will allow, there will be no specific number of entries I am shooting for.
- I will accept entries that are either hand animated, or sprite animated, but I will only be accepting entries that are actually good. Also, if space limitations become an issue, hand drawn will be factored as a plus (although I will also ask Tom Fulp for permission to go over when we get there).
- Please only use original music from the portal, or music from the games. I respect Tom Fulp's wishes, so I don't want to see any copyrighted music from Record Labels showing up in here. Free use laws protect parodies of a subject matter, but the use of copyrighted music is never protected even if it is used in the context a parody.
- Deadline is currently end of April. I don't know how realistic that is, so I am willing to extend the time when we get there if necessary. However, I'm only going to permit extensions for people who can show they're working on something.
- All submissions should somehow be related to Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, or - if you really want to be hardcore - Radical Dreamers. I will be automatically rejecting any skits that are based around any of the Chrono Fan Games that Square-Enix has issued C&Ds, so no skits about Crimson Echoes please. Other than that, feel free to go Hog Wild.
- The use of voice acting is heavily encouraged, but - unless your skit somehow involves something along the lines of Crono and Company discovering that Lavos is really Strawberry Clock - I am not accepting anything that uses Speakonia.
- It's the .fla files you will actually have to submit, so be prepared to use Megaupload.

Oh yes, we need a pithy name for it once its released. I'm open for suggestions.

For more information, and to formally apply, go to the official thread at Newgrounds: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1221292

WORD OF ADVICE: You will be going up against talented people here, so keep that in mind.
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4283
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Chrono Trigger Collab Empty Re: Chrono Trigger Collab

1/16/2011, 9:44 pm
Collabs generally die here... for some reason this place has very small luck with collaborative work..
So good luck i guess.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Watch your ass.
Chrono Trigger Collab Banned1a7c7e438gif
Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan

1/16/2011, 9:47 pm
Well, that's okay. I already have more than enough interested parties over at Newgrounds, I just wanted to be sure everyone had a fair shot to know about it before it was over with. Far too often I have found out about a collab I might have wanted to join the day it released, which is generally speaking a little too late to begin working on your submission.
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 9153
Registration date : 2009-05-23

1/17/2011, 5:43 am
I want to join as I loved Chrono Trigger. But I can't since I'm currently on a battle, a collab and a challenge.
Clovis15
Clovis15
Spritan
Spritan

1/17/2011, 5:49 am
That does raise a question I've been pondering: What is a battle?
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator

1/17/2011, 5:55 am
You should read the rules on its section but I'm gonna explain to you anyway.

A battle is when someone creates a topic wanting to battle with someone in special (like leocartoon1 VS Clovis15) or even, a open battle where anyone can join.

A challenge works like a open battle, but they're made only by admins (you can give them some ideas though).
Renny
Renny
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7880
Registration date : 2009-12-12

1/17/2011, 8:33 am
Well Eric approved so it can be done here.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Chrono Trigger Collab 34nsbrr
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20144
Registration date : 2010-09-15

1/17/2011, 9:41 am
.. I so wish I was in this, but I am in what Leo is in.

Chrono Trigger Collab Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Renny
Renny
Spritan
Spritan

1/17/2011, 10:47 am
I'll try to join this but most of the collab i join i end up losing motivation >_>

Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4283
Registration date : 2008-10-20

1/17/2011, 12:23 pm
@Clovis15 wrote:That does raise a question I've been pondering: What is a battle?
I challenge you to make a funny chrono trigger animation.
We finish.
People vote on who's better, winner gets a shiny medal and the battle thread goes to the hall of records.
You can challenge multiple people, make it completely open, (anyone can join), or someone specific. You can create a team battle as well.

Watch your ass.
Chrono Trigger Collab Banned1a7c7e438gif
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19

1/17/2011, 4:20 pm
In a fit of blatant retardation, none of you actually explained what a battle is, lol.

Two or more animators create animations on a subject and with rules specified by the author of the battle. When the animators finish their work, they are both presented and judged by the peers of Spritas. The animation with the most positive feedback wins gets a medal, and any prizes volunteered by the author of the battle.

Battles can involve any number of people against each other in any combination, specified by the author.

Chrono Trigger Collab Fzero%20death%20race
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20144
Registration date : 2010-09-15

1/17/2011, 4:24 pm
@Eric wrote:
@Clovis15 wrote:That does raise a question I've been pondering: What is a battle?
I challenge you to make a funny chrono trigger animation.
We finish.
People vote on who's better, winner gets a shiny medal and the battle thread goes to the hall of records.
You can challenge multiple people, make it completely open, (anyone can join), or someone specific. You can create a team battle as well.
Awesome, titty man. Let's see if he accepts.

Chrono Trigger Collab Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator

1/17/2011, 4:25 pm
He was explaining to him, Ping.
Renny
Renny
Spritan
Spritan

1/17/2011, 4:29 pm
So um is anyone going to join this :0

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum