Frame By Framer or Tweener. Who are you?

+19
Face
HarryControl
darkdragon581
Granadico
Mr Lange
Eric
Renny
SXR123
Toxic
DarkInfernoZ
Timmy
DemonicDragony93
Marionator
Leo
LoneVeritas
TheCaptainBadAss
Ping
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Revler
23 posters
Go down

You choose.

5 - 25%
3 - 15%
12 - 60%

Total Votes: 20

Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Frame By Framer or Tweener. Who are you? - Page 3 Empty Re: Frame By Framer or Tweener. Who are you?

1/14/2011, 7:02 pm
I fbf way more than I used to. Tweens bother me too much. I find that animation is a lot more intuitive with keyframes and onion skins.
Also its easier to animate things in curves and arcs in fbf. There is far more control over the path and velocity of something when you are animating fbf.

Tweens are a great service for things that move very slowly or over a long period of time and only travel in a straight line. A good example of this would be a slow, dramatic camera pan.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Frame By Framer or Tweener. Who are you? - Page 3 Fzero%20death%20race
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20144
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Frame By Framer or Tweener. Who are you? - Page 3 Empty Re: Frame By Framer or Tweener. Who are you?

1/14/2011, 7:25 pm
See why ya'll negros had to jump on me about tweening. It BOTHERS me too. Thanks to Lange, I'll NEVER do any tweens again.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Frame By Framer or Tweener. Who are you? - Page 3 Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Renny
Renny
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7880
Registration date : 2009-12-12

1/14/2011, 7:28 pm
How about you get experienced with both before making you decision >_>

Frame By Framer or Tweener. Who are you? - Page 3 34nsbrr
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

1/14/2011, 7:35 pm
I've done both. Isn't obvious that I said that from experience? I think frame by frame is a better. idgaf about jump tweening... dgaf about camera tweening... oh, and I also dgaf about motion tweening either.
Just saying Renny. It's in my own personal opinion.

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
LoneVeritas
LoneVeritas
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1137
Registration date : 2010-06-29

1/14/2011, 7:57 pm
Lol, as soon as Lange pops up, you start sucking.

Frame By Framer or Tweener. Who are you? - Page 3 Yghjhj10
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

1/14/2011, 7:58 pm
Not true. What he said about tweening is how I feel about it. I was too stupid this morning to say that.

Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12925
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

1/14/2011, 8:17 pm
@TheCaptainBadAss wrote:
Pingboy wrote:No NO, mah boy. I'm an experienced sprite animator.
>Unwanted self importance
that's the first time you've said that in months :O
and FBF for obvious reasons :3

Frame By Framer or Tweener. Who are you? - Page 3 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
LoneVeritas
LoneVeritas
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1137
Registration date : 2010-06-29

1/14/2011, 8:18 pm
Doesn't really seem like it. Ping boi, simply saying that you are stupid during the morning isn't a valid answer. Heck, I could use that excuse anywhere.
@Mr Lange wrote:I find that animation is a lot more intuitive with keyframes and onion skins.
Also its easier to animate things in curves and arcs in fbf. There is far more control over the path and velocity of something when you are animating fbf.
Tweens are a great service for things that... travel in a straight line.
Can't argue with that opinion. Aren't you forgetting motion guide tweens? Also, you have more control on the path yes, but it isn't as significant as you make it appear since you can see the frames in between the tween with easing, and velocity could easily be controlled by ease.

Frame By Framer or Tweener. Who are you? - Page 3 Yghjhj10
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

1/14/2011, 9:31 pm
ShadowmanX125 wrote:Doesn't really seem like it. Ping boi, simply saying that you are stupid during the morning isn't a valid answer. Heck, I could use that excuse anywhere.
@Mr Lange wrote:I find that animation is a lot more intuitive with keyframes and onion skins.
Tweens are a great service for things that... travel in a straight line.
and velocity could easily be controlled by ease.
Well it takes a while for me to set the tween how I want it when it comes to that, Shadowman D:<

Renny
Renny
Spritan
Spritan

1/14/2011, 10:12 pm
That's because you lack practice?

Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

1/14/2011, 10:13 pm
That's true. Sorry I disappoint, Renny.

Renny
Renny
Spritan
Spritan

1/14/2011, 10:44 pm
Wasn't really disappointed but okay?

Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

1/14/2011, 10:44 pm
Sorry for sounding really stupid >_>

Renny
Renny
Spritan
Spritan

1/14/2011, 10:55 pm
It's alright.

Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4283
Registration date : 2008-10-20

1/14/2011, 11:13 pm
Pingboy wrote:See why ya'll negros had to jump on me about tweening. It BOTHERS me too. Thanks to Lange, I'll NEVER do any tweens again.
As smart as he is, he's not a perfect being, so that's his preference, doesn't make him right.
Do you have your own mind?

Watch your ass.
Frame By Framer or Tweener. Who are you? - Page 3 Banned1a7c7e438gif
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

1/14/2011, 11:15 pm
I do, but it's pretty hard to express the thoughts I have within it.

Renny
Renny
Spritan
Spritan

1/14/2011, 11:25 pm
Hmm thats why there this thing called a dictionary which has words and definitions >.>

Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

1/14/2011, 11:27 pm
No. It's not that at all. I'm sorry I said that. That's not what I ment lol. I frame by frame because I think it's more natural for me to animate. Tweening doesn't suit me. At all. It's complicated to get what you actually want. I don't want to animate lazy. I just want everything all natural. Zooming in helps when you frame by frame.

Renny
Renny
Spritan
Spritan

1/14/2011, 11:41 pm
How will you ease without tweening..?

darkdragon581
darkdragon581
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2994
Registration date : 2009-12-05

1/14/2011, 11:46 pm
frame by frame or tween....i gotta say tween since i almost never frame by frame if at all
Renny
Renny
Spritan
Spritan

1/14/2011, 11:58 pm
Oh yeah. I've never seen u FBF really.

HarryControl
HarryControl
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-11-05

1/15/2011, 12:00 am
I pretty much was a complete tweener when I first started, but I consider myself to use both now. Lately there has been some particular or complex moves I wanted to animate that require FBF animation.
TheCaptainBadAss
TheCaptainBadAss
Banned
Banned
Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2010-04-24

1/15/2011, 12:59 am
@Granadico wrote:
@TheCaptainBadAss wrote:
You cared enough to remember? <3
And now, gtfo my head.

Perhaps...we all mad?
DemonicDragony93
DemonicDragony93
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2010-04-26

1/15/2011, 7:00 am
@TheCaptainBadAss wrote:
@Granadico wrote:
@TheCaptainBadAss wrote:
You cared enough to remember? <3
And now, gtfo my head.

jesus christ 656 and your only a level 3? (not bashing on you) just thinking how far i got to go....

Frame By Framer or Tweener. Who are you? - Page 3 Pic

A Goomba's Life - Episode 1 Scientails 100% Complete.
A Goomba's Life - Episode 2 Goomba Stomping day - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 3 Rocket - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 4 Unwanted Mouse - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 5 The Date - 100% Complete
A Goomba's Life - Episode 6 Babysitting Hell - 50% Complete
DarkInfernoZ
DarkInfernoZ
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2010-02-07

1/15/2011, 7:42 am
@Mr Lange wrote:I fbf way more than I used to. Tweens bother me too much. I find that animation is a lot more intuitive with keyframes and onion skins.

Tweens are a great service for things that move very slowly or over a long period of time and only travel in a straight line. A good example of this would be a slow, dramatic camera pan.

This, is pretty much exactly how I animate.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum