Go down
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19

The Long Drop (JUDGING UNDERWAY) Empty The Long Drop (JUDGING UNDERWAY)

on 12/13/2010, 9:05 pm
IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO RETRIEVE THE PRIZES YOU MUST GIVE US A LEGIT ADDRESS TO MAIL THE CAP AND MONEY IN! IF YOU WANT THE MONEY TO BE GIVEN TO YOU VIA PAYPAL YOU MUST GIVE YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT NAME AND EMAIL SO THAT THE MONEY CAN BE TRANSFERED TO YOU!

September 2nd
ITS OVER! We are now judging the submissions! We are not accepting any more entries!
I'm disappointed to announce there's a total of six submissions. Its a good thing I gave you lazy bums a whole year amirite.
So me and Eric are going to be scrutinizing and analyzing and dissecting and figuring and discussing and calculating and solving and combobulating all of your... effort...
GOOD LUCK PARTICIPANTS!

(horizontal break would go here, fuck html)

Hello simpletons, are you ready for your first ever challenge?

Because its the first, this is somewhat for testing purposes and to see how these events will work for Spritas. Don't let me down guys.

Challenge #1
The Long Drop

Mario jumps a long way down!

In this challenge, you must feature Mario starting from a very high place, like a canyon, or a skyscraper, or anything you can think of. At the start of the animation, Mario jumps from this height and begins descending to the ground below. Along the way, anything can happen. He can do acrobats, interact with whatever things you put in the air, or even do random things. But there are a few golden rules:

-Nothing must slow him down a lot. He cannot freeze in midair nor land on anything in between.
-The scenery must not change into something different. If he jumps from a tall building down into a city, it must stay that way. The scenery can obviously move however you need it to.
-He must start as Mario and end as Mario. Whatever happens to him between start and finish is up to you.

Also in the rules:
-Your animation must be at least 10 seconds and no longer than 30 seconds.
-Nothing related to Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, or Draglade is allowed (for good reasons). These submissions will be disqualified.
-No Linkin Park music. I swear to god.
-Obvious SMBZ ripoffs will also be disqualified.

Points will be awarded based upon:
-Animation quality
-Sprites quality
-Creativity
-Timing and visual appeal
-Applying good movement physics

The more custom/edited sprite content involved will also improve your score. We will be judging much more on effort than the actual visual quality of your sprites, so don't be scared if it doesn't look very good.

Points may be deducted if:
-There are obvious ripoffs of other animations
-No effort in choosing fitting sprites, or if you choose very overused sprites. The version of Mario you use (M&L, SMW, SMB3, etc) is exempt from this rule.

If you ignored or didn't follow any of these guidelines you may lose a few points. Too much of this or breaking the golden rules will just disqualify your work.

Document Specs:
BG Color: Any
Canvas Size: Any
FPS: Any from 20 to 30

Deadline: Its over.

The winner of this competition will receive:

30 US Dollars

AND

This stylish Mario cap! (big round puffy bunny not included)
The Long Drop (JUDGING UNDERWAY) Cimg0355r

Ok noobians...
Get ready.

Last edited by Mr Lange on 9/2/2011, 11:08 pm; edited 4 times in total

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Long Drop (JUDGING UNDERWAY) Fzero%20death%20race
THE2ndNarutox
THE2ndNarutox
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2010-09-11

The Long Drop (JUDGING UNDERWAY) Empty Re: The Long Drop (JUDGING UNDERWAY)

on 12/13/2010, 9:08 pm
......Whoa...a challenge....sounds cool! ill take a crack at it!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The means by which we live has outdistanced the ends for which we live. Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.
- Martin Luther King Jr -

The Long Drop (JUDGING UNDERWAY) 1bc99df4279fec8b2d213581d1a37e1f9cd0a787f054c4d43

If you wanna battle ill totally take you one. Send me a PM and we can set up dates nd times nd stuff. Prepare to be amazed.

The Long Drop (JUDGING UNDERWAY) Jaden_yuki_signature_by_woofersrb-d50qemp

That goes double.... for a duel.
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15

on 12/13/2010, 9:09 pm
I'll go with this.

The Long Drop (JUDGING UNDERWAY) Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2008-10-20

on 12/13/2010, 9:10 pm
The 30 US dollars is from me. And the fabulous Mario Cap is donated by MasaAndMune so give him lots thanks and BJ's.

I will provide with a shitty example soon enough and i will make a video advertising it. Deadline will be sometime in january, i will update WHEN in january soon enough.

Watch your ass.
The Long Drop (JUDGING UNDERWAY) Banned1a7c7e438gif
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/13/2010, 9:28 pm
@Eric wrote:The 30 US dollars is from me. And the fabulous Mario Cap is donated by MasaAndMune so give him lots thanks and BJ's.

I will provide with a shitty example soon enough and i will make a video advertising it. Deadline will be sometime in january, i will update WHEN in january soon enough.

Thanks for the information. I did find that important, but I will post my animation in my next post in here. This can't become a discussion, right?

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator

on 12/13/2010, 9:29 pm
It very well can

Watch your ass.
THE2ndNarutox
THE2ndNarutox
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/13/2010, 9:33 pm
Well i dont have a paypal account, besides i dont even know if ill do this all the way. i mean ill start it and see how it goes but ill be shooting for 1st and ill hit 6th or sumthing....i cant sprite like these guys here. (maybe if i shoot for negative 6th.....)

The means by which we live has outdistanced the ends for which we live. Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.

The Long Drop (JUDGING UNDERWAY) 1bc99df4279fec8b2d213581d1a37e1f9cd0a787f054c4d43

If you wanna battle ill totally take you one. Send me a PM and we can set up dates nd times nd stuff. Prepare to be amazed.

Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator

on 12/13/2010, 9:36 pm
Dude, Me and lange wont be in the challenge. It's just up to the common people.
Besides, we're not looking for just well animated, we're looking for creativity and effort the most.

Watch your ass.
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator

on 12/13/2010, 9:36 pm
@THE2ndNarutox wrote:Well i dont have a paypal account, besides i dont even know if ill do this all the way. i mean ill start it and see how it goes but ill be shooting for 1st and ill hit 6th or sumthing....i cant sprite like these guys here. (maybe if i shoot for negative 6th.....)
You can get the money physically with the hat (the paypal is optional if it's what you prefer)

Watch your ass.
darkdragon581
darkdragon581
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2994
Registration date : 2009-12-05

on 12/13/2010, 9:48 pm
-No Linkin Park music. I swear to god.

this made me lol
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29

on 12/13/2010, 10:13 pm
@Eric wrote:Dude, Me and lange wont be in the challenge. It's just up to the common people.
I couldn't help but laugh at that.

The Long Drop (JUDGING UNDERWAY) Untitl15
THE2ndNarutox
THE2ndNarutox
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/13/2010, 10:35 pm
@Eric wrote:
@THE2ndNarutox wrote:Well i dont have a paypal account, besides i dont even know if ill do this all the way. i mean ill start it and see how it goes but ill be shooting for 1st and ill hit 6th or sumthing....i cant sprite like these guys here. (maybe if i shoot for negative 6th.....)
You can get the money physically with the hat (the paypal is optional if it's what you prefer)
Well thats cool then.

Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/13/2010, 11:21 pm
@Eric wrote:Dude, Me and lange wont be in the challenge.

You know I had the same thought for a minute. I just came up with an idea for my animation.

Wow, I also have to say that the idea for animating is... damn.

Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12956
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

on 12/14/2010, 12:52 am
damn this makes me wish i had practiced in flash. I might just do this on my own then cuz that sounds like fun (if i ever get around to and not be a lazy sack Sad )

The Long Drop (JUDGING UNDERWAY) Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/14/2010, 12:55 am
@Granadico wrote:damn this makes me wish i had practiced in flash. I might just do this on my own then cuz that sounds like fun (if i ever get around to and not be a lazy sack Sad )

I forgot you don't animate! You can try mate! 30 dollars can get yourself some goods!

Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12956
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

on 12/14/2010, 1:00 am
Pingboy wrote:
@Granadico wrote:damn this makes me wish i had practiced in flash. I might just do this on my own then cuz that sounds like fun (if i ever get around to and not be a lazy sack Sad )

I forgot you don't animate! You can try mate! 30 dollars can get yourself some goods!

Hey! I animate(d). Just in Pivot. Oh those were the days...

The Long Drop (JUDGING UNDERWAY) Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/14/2010, 1:06 am
@Granadico wrote:
Pingboy wrote:

Hey! I animate(d). Just in Pivot. Oh those were the days...
Spoiler:
You mean the parts where you were so excited and all noob-like about it and how you had thoughts that you were going to make the best animations ever but then realise that your animation sucks because pivot lacks the componets any animation program haves and that your anims in that program sucks?

Leo
Leo
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

on 12/14/2010, 7:49 am
There's a way to participate without receiving these prizes? It's just that I don't want these stuff.
Crazyfilms5000
Crazyfilms5000
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2248
Registration date : 2010-08-01

on 12/14/2010, 12:32 pm
why the hell not, ill give it a try. Cool

The Long Drop (JUDGING UNDERWAY) 2q1w31i
"Fuck Bitches, Make Money, Fuck More Bitches ~ DatLife"
Current Projects: SSJ2 Gohan vs Majin Vegeta
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator

on 12/14/2010, 12:42 pm
leocartoon1 wrote:There's a way to participate without receiving these prizes? It's just that I don't want these stuff.

That's fine. We will award your animation points but you will not be included in the ranks.

Leo
Leo
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

on 12/14/2010, 1:40 pm
@Mr Lange wrote:but you will not be included in the ranks.

lawl What do you mean with that?
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator

on 12/14/2010, 2:49 pm
leocartoon1 wrote:
@Mr Lange wrote:but you will not be included in the ranks.

lawl What do you mean with that?

In other words, we will judge your submission and give it a score, but you won't place with the other competitors, so even if you got the highest score, only the author with the participating 1st place submission will win the prizes.

Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/14/2010, 3:07 pm
This is amusing. I just hope my animation will be good enough.

Renny
Renny
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7880
Registration date : 2009-12-12

on 12/14/2010, 4:03 pm
Money. What a motivator >_>

The Long Drop (JUDGING UNDERWAY) 34nsbrr
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/14/2010, 4:11 pm
@Renny wrote:Money. What a motivator >_>

You can buy a lot with 30. What would you buy with 30dollars?

The mario cap can be for something special! Wear it for christmas or something

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum