Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19

The Challenges of The Spritas Empty The Challenges of The Spritas

on 11/18/2010, 8:28 pm
Hello fine fellows of the great world of Spritas. Allow me to enlighten your silly noggins on the concept of challenges. This thread also explains universal rules of all challenges so prepare to marginally enhance your reading ability.

In the Battles forum, users are free to develop their own competitions between animators which includes writing their own rules for the challenges. We cherish this feature, but we also have a "serious" side to it.

Here in Challenges, we the experts will design stimulating and mind wrenching trials for others to solve. These tasks will include unusual animation requirements with tough conditions that the animator must use brains and intuition to work with. This is great not only for fun competition, but its a very powerful learning mechanism for artists and animators. Really, it is, its the best method of practice ever.

With every Challenge, we invite everyone with ambition and interest to compete against others in creating the best possible animation under unique conditions.
We the experts (mostly me lol) will judge every submission for a challenge and determine which one is the best, the one that not only shows the best demonstration of the challenge, but does so with the greatest deal of creativity.
And, maybe sometimes, we will have... Prizes?   : O

If you know of Fluidanims, you may notice this concept is very similar to BSE rounds. And, they kind of are. But our conditions may be a bit more... INSANE. Ha.

So if you have a good idea of what's going on now, read these global rules so you can participate!

-All Challenges will be for sprite movies only, unless specified. This site is dedicated to sprite animation after all.

-Everyone is welcome to compete, even if you suck or your animation sucks or whatever. If it does suck, it will probably lose, but we certainly won't disallow it before the challenge ends. In fact we encourage you to compete anyway because you will get better by trying.

-Challenges can only be started by authorized personnel only! This includes judges and users with permission. Challenges are meant to be carefully designed by us special people. If you have an idea for a Challenge, feel free to contact us.

-There is no voting process to determine a winner, given the instability of selecting the best submission (voting for inaccurate/unfair reasons, etc). Challenges are judged unbiased by the experts like me k.

-If judges happen to participate in a Challenge, their submissions will not be included in the competing process and thus will not be judged themselves. Those submissions will only be for entertainment or example.

-Under no circumstances should you use stolen content. If it happens to be common sounds or something, we won't really care. But, if you are using someone else's custom/edited content, things that are not generic and have an artist's signature to them, your submission will be disqualified, no exceptions.

-Always carefully read the individual rules of a Challenge. Duh.

Did you read them? I SURE HOPE SO. Enjoy the massacre that is Challenges, so that we may put others down for sucking and win valuable prizes.

I mean learning.

Last edited by Mr Lange on 11/18/2010, 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Challenges of The Spritas Fzero%20death%20race
darkdragon581
darkdragon581
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2994
Registration date : 2009-12-05

The Challenges of The Spritas Empty Re: The Challenges of The Spritas

on 11/18/2010, 8:35 pm
too long, didn't read
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator

on 11/18/2010, 8:40 pm
@darkdragon581 wrote:too long, didn't read

Then poo on you! D :<

___________________________________________________________________________________________

5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

on 11/18/2010, 8:44 pm
why is almost everything you post so long anyways.

The Challenges of The Spritas Ichigo10
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator

on 11/18/2010, 8:47 pm
@5h0ck wrote:why is almost everything you post so long anyways.

Because I am literate and thorough.

Would anyone like to discuss the actual topic now.

Renny
Renny
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7880
Registration date : 2009-12-12

on 11/18/2010, 8:54 pm
I read. I wonder why no one else didn't...
Anyway, seems like all that was stuff we already knew or should know

The Challenges of The Spritas 34nsbrr
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator

on 11/18/2010, 8:57 pm
@Renny wrote:I read. I wonder why no one else didn't...

Yeah... fuck me.
But some things are important and specific. >.>

Renny
Renny
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7880
Registration date : 2009-12-12

on 11/18/2010, 8:58 pm
@Mr Lange wrote:
@Renny wrote:I read. I wonder why no one else didn't...

Yeah... fuck me.
But some things are important and specific. >.>

Okay then.

The Challenges of The Spritas 34nsbrr
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2008-10-20

on 11/18/2010, 9:01 pm
Next motha fucka to come here and say "too long didn't read" "too long" or "didn't read" or anything that has to do with it being long and you not reading you slimy whore...will be banned.

Watch your ass.
The Challenges of The Spritas Banned1a7c7e438gif
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15

on 11/19/2010, 12:20 am
I'm feeling what I felt the first time I joined Fluid anims. Except now, I can actually PARTICIPATE in a challenge!!! OH YES!!!

I am happy.

I am going to read this over again. This is great. Mr. Lange. You are a great person. :]

The Challenges of The Spritas Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Leo
Leo
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

on 11/19/2010, 10:14 am
OH FINALLY

I hope that you guys create a challenge soon. I'm wanting to actually have some pretty good limits and such.
Anonymous

on 8/20/2011, 4:25 am
Say i have a question. Do we have the right to come up with a challenge on our own or do you guys do it only?... err
Just kidding read the whole thing. Everything sounds fine by me. And ya i have an idea as well. Its gonna sound maybe lame but
How about a teamwork challenge? Lets say me, Ping and T2N team up against PacBoy, Leo and Crashbox111 about some challenge that you guys will come up with. (lulz)
Patt
Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 13141
Registration date : 2009-03-28

on 8/20/2011, 11:04 am
Teamwork Challenges would be awesome.

The Challenges of The Spritas Purple11

[The Return]
Anonymous

on 8/20/2011, 11:32 am
@Patt wrote:Teamwork Challenges would be awesome.
Heheh yea, imagine. Each animator`s special 'ability' combined into one heck of an AWESOME animation.
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

on 8/20/2011, 6:25 pm
Oh Pattay what about that idea of all of us animators like Leo and NS animating like a bitch hahaha.

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Anonymous

on 8/21/2011, 3:53 am
@Ping wrote:Oh Pattay what about that idea of all of us animators like Leo and NS animating like a bitch hahaha.

Hahahaha lol. No. Both are awesome.
Jellal
Jellal
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2524
Registration date : 2011-03-19

on 8/21/2011, 4:19 am
Collab vs Collab?
That does sound awesome.

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.
Deuteronomy 13:7-12
Anonymous

on 8/21/2011, 4:33 am
@Jellal wrote:
Collab vs Collab?
That does sound awesome.
It would be. Though i meant more like 1 animation (the challenge would be 1 thing after all) made by 3 ppl or more. And another one by another team. And one of them does the animating, one of them spruces up to their max with their best stuff and one of them the beta tester OR something else. But ya, collab vs collab. Ya thats good too i was JUST gonna suggest that.
mikewalker11
mikewalker11
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-11-11

on 11/11/2011, 11:16 am
can i use pivot to make the battle? i dont have flash. im poor.
SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

on 11/11/2011, 11:28 am
congrats. I can't say much but just do what everyone else here did. that is all i can say, and any program can be used animate.

The Challenges of The Spritas Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Patt
Patt
Administrator
Administrator

on 11/11/2011, 7:29 pm
exorz15 wrote:
@Jellal wrote:
Collab vs Collab?
That does sound awesome.
It would be. Though i meant more like 1 animation (the challenge would be 1 thing after all) made by 3 ppl or more. And another one by another team. And one of them does the animating, one of them spruces up to their max with their best stuff and one of them the beta tester OR something else. But ya, collab vs collab. Ya thats good too i was JUST gonna suggest that.
That is what I was saying.

Let's say the teams were...

Ping, NS and Leo vs. KA, SXR and MJ. (Obviously for a challenge there would be more teams and perhaps in a tournament format if there are a lot of teams in the race.)

Each team would have to pick their idea and then submit it in.

Ping, NS and Leo - Goku vs. Vegeta
KA, SXR and MJ - Sonic vs. Shadow

From here, one member of the three for the team would start the animation, after that, they would pass it on to another animator. I think the best way this could work for the most effective amount of progress is if one person starts off, they pass it to both members at the end of the day. From here, you will need to discuss on who will animate the following day this way there aren't three different versions. (However, this could work, but it would require a lot of time and disappointment and perhaps even time wasted.) Let's say Ping starts on 11/11/2011. He finishes whenever and decides to send it in when he is done. He would send it into both his members, SXR and MJ. From here, SXR or MJ will say that they are available and will have time to animate for however long that they can. They will animate however much they want to and then save it and send it back in at the end of their work. This would continue on until the three decide they are done. This would also allow for everyone to have an update version of the .fla at all times. Also, if one person finds that there are errors or things that could be done better, then they could fix that. I feel like that would be the most effective way of achieving a solid animation.

I think if this were to work, it would be so awesome. Team battles would be awesome. It would be like guilds almost or something. Just a thought I suppose. ^^

[The Return]
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

on 11/12/2011, 12:22 am
Who the fuck did you have to break down that simple concept to?

Patt
Patt
Administrator
Administrator

on 11/13/2011, 4:01 pm
I don't know, just for clarification.

[The Return]
Anonymous

on 11/14/2011, 6:53 am
Glad someone understands. Yea, so why not realize this idea? I could use Ping`s skills, and... I`d also choose.. hm... Leo. Against: SXR, Kane and Jayden. (I challenge you guys) Put up ur dukes Very Happy
SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

on 11/14/2011, 7:55 am
well if you really are challenging me, I can't accept. I've got enough to do as it is.

The Challenges of The Spritas Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum