Super Shadow Mario Fan
Super Shadow Mario Fan
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2010-11-04

I need help with my art designs Empty I need help with my art designs

11/7/2010, 11:57 pm
I need some advice...I feel like I have done wrong with an idea I have by using animae as a game...I put four of my own arts on this thread...one redone...but to someone I know, he said this will turn out bad...I need help, please help me choose if I should continue my way or redo all of it.

My hero in color believe it or not, Nova
I need help with my art designs Novacolored

My second hero, ryan
I need help with my art designs Ryan4

Second hero, Ryan (EDITED)
I need help with my art designs Ryanedited

My villian, Zeragone
I need help with my art designs Zeragone3

Please help me...Thank you.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

lol!
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19

I need help with my art designs Empty Re: I need help with my art designs

11/8/2010, 1:54 am
Nova looks terrible. Bad drawing. Basically goes against all good drawing morals.
Ryan has a pinch of style. First version looks better.
Zeragone looks much better than the other drawings. I like that one. Proportions are better and the detail is great without looking like you are trying too hard. The details fit well together.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I need help with my art designs Fzero%20death%20race
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15

11/8/2010, 8:55 am
lol Bad. Probably took you a week to finish the antagonist. Apply texture on Ryan's shirt. Wear a shirt and take that image of it and draw the textures on him.

Fools do not understand the true nature of art. Hm.

I need help with my art designs Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Super Shadow Mario Fan
Super Shadow Mario Fan
Spritan
Spritan

11/8/2010, 4:31 pm
Actually, 30 minutes mostly on Zeragone, others are 5 to 10 minutes. But I understand, they need work.

lol!
Super Shadow Mario Fan
Super Shadow Mario Fan
Spritan
Spritan

11/18/2010, 8:32 pm
@Mr Lange wrote:Nova looks terrible. Bad drawing. Basically goes against all good drawing morals.
Ryan has a pinch of style. First version looks better.
Zeragone looks much better than the other drawings. I like that one. Proportions are better and the detail is great without looking like you are trying too hard. The details fit well together.
Ok, to both of you...what do you think Nova needs to look better on...before you say it though, Nova skin is as black as the shadows, hints why he's what I like to call "Shadow Being". but please let me know what you think he needs to worked on. Ryan is a deleted character now but thanks for helping on him. As for Zeragone, I will not change him...I got his look just right if you all like him the way he is.

lol!
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator

11/18/2010, 9:00 pm
In other words it looks like a 6 year old drew it. There is no realism or anatomy or proportion or anything.

Super Shadow Mario Fan
Super Shadow Mario Fan
Spritan
Spritan

11/18/2010, 9:52 pm
@Mr Lange wrote:In other words it looks like a 6 year old drew it. There is no realism or anatomy or proportion or anything.
well give me a break, at least it looks better than what I'm seeing in the art gallery. Besides, it my first "out of mind characters" I've done, my arts is more of coping. In other words, I can take any image and put it differently on paper to my imagenation...need proof?

lol!
Leo
Leo
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

11/19/2010, 10:19 am
Try actually doing a bit more of effort by doing a skeleton before drawing the whole character.
Super Shadow Mario Fan
Super Shadow Mario Fan
Spritan
Spritan

11/19/2010, 12:13 pm
leocartoon1 wrote:Try actually doing a bit more of effort by doing a skeleton before drawing the whole character.
Done it...

lol!
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

11/19/2010, 12:19 pm
@Super Shadow Mario Fan wrote:
leocartoon1 wrote:Try actually doing a bit more of effort by doing a skeleton before drawing the whole character.
Done it...
Nova's hair is really good.
I like it.

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Super Shadow Mario Fan
Super Shadow Mario Fan
Spritan
Spritan

11/19/2010, 12:22 pm
Pingboy wrote:
Done it...
I like it.
I didn't thing that was the problem but I've been thinking of newer design of nova since I got bad comments on him from here. I was thinking more of a spiky hair look with a small pony tail with his hair, and giving him pointed ears to give off the non human touch.

lol!
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

11/19/2010, 12:25 pm
Pingboy wrote:
Done it...
I like it.
I didn't thing that was the problem but I've been thinking of newer design of nova since I got bad comments on him from here. I was thinking more of a spiky hair look with a small pony tail with his hair, and giving him pointed ears to give off the non human touch.
His hair is fine.

No trust me. I'm an artist myself. Just give him a different stance. One with texture on his cloths. Shading too. Don't listen to the negative butt-cracks.

Super Shadow Mario Fan
Super Shadow Mario Fan
Spritan
Spritan

11/19/2010, 12:33 pm
Pingboy wrote:
Pingboy wrote:
Done it...
I like it.
His hair is fine.

No trust me. I'm an artist myself. Just give him a different stance. One with texture on his cloths. Shading too. Don't listen to the negative butt-cracks.
LOL....ok, I will...this is my first time I've ever did characters of my own designs and thats why I asked in the first place. I have talents in arts. Just never made my own before. Being my first game design I'm working on, this is really important to me. I made nova out of my own personallity from the net. In other words, Nove may be my character hero, but, also from my facfic story line redone and changed all around.

lol!
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

11/19/2010, 12:37 pm
Pingboy wrote:
Pingboy wrote:
Done it...
I like it.
His hair is fine.

LOL....ok, I will...this is my first time I've ever did characters of my own designs and thats why I asked in the first place. I have talents in arts. Just never made my own before. Being my first game design I'm working on, this is really important to me. I made nova out of my own personallity from the net. In other words, Nove may be my character hero, but, also from my facfic story line redone and changed all around.
You seem to have great passion for your character. I don't understand why these fools went hard on you, especially since you showed them how you valued Nova. There some people on the net who just say the most craziest things.

Super Shadow Mario Fan
Super Shadow Mario Fan
Spritan
Spritan

11/19/2010, 12:42 pm
Pingboy wrote:
Pingboy wrote:
Pingboy wrote:
Done it...
I like it.
His hair is fine.

You seem to have great passion for your character. I don't understand why these fools went hard on you, especially since you showed them how you valued Nova. There some people on the net who just say the most craziest things.
I have great passion for all my arts in truth, but nova is my pride that goes for Zeragone too and the player characters I'm making.

lol!
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29

11/19/2010, 12:48 pm
Dude I like em you just need to work on them more,alot more but don't get discouraged keep going these have potential

I need help with my art designs Untitl15
Super Shadow Mario Fan
Super Shadow Mario Fan
Spritan
Spritan

11/19/2010, 12:54 pm
Thank you...I will work on them more...

lol!
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator

11/19/2010, 3:46 pm
Pingboy wrote:You seem to have great passion for your character. I don't understand why these fools went hard on you, especially since you showed them how you valued Nova. There some people on the net who just say the most craziest things.

Dude are you that stupid?
Yes, he has passion for his character, that is very good. That has nothing to do with how good his drawing is. And, if he cares, he will do to improve his drawing ability so as to improve his character design. These "negative" observations on his drawing are for his benefit so he can improve, not to put him down. Part of getting better is a balance of positive and negative criticism which all artists must invite and embrace.

Super Shadow Mario Fan
Super Shadow Mario Fan
Spritan
Spritan

11/19/2010, 4:21 pm
I'm starting to think I've created a fight. Maybe it was not wise to ask after all. scratch

lol!
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

11/20/2010, 6:00 pm
@Mr Lange wrote:
Pingboy wrote:You seem to have great passion for your character. I don't understand why these fools went hard on you, especially since you showed them how you valued Nova. There some people on the net who just say the most craziest things.

Yes, he has passion for his character, that is very good. That has nothing to do with how good his drawing is. And, if he cares, he will do to improve his drawing ability so as to improve his character design. These "negative" observations on his drawing are for his benefit so he can improve, not to put him down. Part of getting better is a balance of positive and negative criticism which all artists must invite and embrace.

I knew you'd say some shit like that. I just said you went HARD on him. I understand the "negative" are for his benefit, but it can also loose repect from the critic. Not that it matters...

The hell. Why am I aruging with you? Theres no point. You'd always win.
Now shoo. Go fix some things in the forum or something..

Leo
Leo
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

11/21/2010, 3:26 am
Pingboy wrote:
@Mr Lange wrote:

I knew you'd say some shit like that. I just said you went HARD on him. I understand the "negative" are for his benefit, but it can also loose repect from the critic. Not that it matters...

Man. I've actually seen worse. Lange is a good guy compared to other people that I did meet. Freakin' trust me. I don't bother with Lange giving critiques anymore.

I'm going to sho-
wait, OHSHEEP I should have screenshoted some stuff back then!
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

11/21/2010, 5:31 pm
leocartoon1 wrote:
Pingboy wrote:
@Mr Lange wrote:

Man. I've actually seen worse. Lange is a good guy compared to other people that I did meet. Freakin' trust me. I don't bother with Lange giving critiques anymore.

I'm going to sho-
I have to agree with you. He is nice... he shouldn't say such things to a youn-
Osht...
You know what? I take that back. I just look at SMB age, LAWL
He draws like a nanny XD

Super Shadow Mario Fan
Super Shadow Mario Fan
Spritan
Spritan

11/21/2010, 5:59 pm
Pingboy wrote:
leocartoon1 wrote:
Pingboy wrote:
@Mr Lange wrote:

I'm going to sho-

I have to agree with you. He is nice... he shouldn't say such things to a youn-
Osht...
You know what? I take that back. I just look at SMB age, LAWL
He draws like a nanny XD
LOL, Wow...I know I'm old, but I ain't that old Razz I am PHARO, fear me.... farao

lol!
Knux
Knux
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2829
Registration date : 2010-02-17

12/18/2010, 10:13 am
I think it would all look very good if you could get the proportions and anatomy right. Go online and search some tutorials or something, that helped me.
Super Shadow Mario Fan
Super Shadow Mario Fan
Spritan
Spritan

1/2/2011, 1:39 pm
knux184 wrote:I think it would all look very good if you could get the proportions and anatomy right. Go online and search some tutorials or something, that helped me.
Thanks...I've been having a bit of help with them but I'm still not done, due to studies of gaming designs and work plus trying to get the time to get it all together...my progress is very, very slow...but I can show you a new character or a new improvement for nova's face thanks to my friends. study

lol!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum