12 posters
Go down
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2010-07-20

Special/Strong Attack Sound (Voosh Voosh - Page 2 Empty Re: Special/Strong Attack Sound (Voosh Voosh

11/8/2010, 6:36 pm
@Mr Lange wrote:You know what.
It doesn't matter if the sound itself is stolen or not.
You are stealing a valuable idea, a concept.
Why the fuck are people so obsessed with copying Alvin Earthworm in every way possible.
Jesus Christ how is that appealing, wouldn't you rather make you OWN ideas, bring your OWN vision to live, instead of mimicking an old one?
Oh wait its not that you're after. You just want popularity.
Good luck.
Well His vids are awsome Very Happy but i see what u mean, I know i dont copy him but its easier to do that for most people, when i see people animate close to his style i try to see it from their point of view(after watching SMBZep8) "wow!!that was awsome!!, he used all of my fave chars!! i wanna make my own fight now!!" :roll: thats usually how it goes but, its a start for most people, so i cant bash them. However i see what u mean and agree with u, Originality is GOLDEN, and many people seem not to have it nowadays, because its easier to copy someone elses work then to make ur own. Lol i didnt expect U to get mad though :lol: idk why but i wouldnt bother with telling people what to animate, as long as it can be original, so my thoughts on this animation are, TRY TO BE ORIGINAL :roll: cuz it makes u kewler :pirat: (not saying u arent cuz u really didnt show much yet but, yeah)
HarryControl
HarryControl
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-11-05

Special/Strong Attack Sound (Voosh Voosh - Page 2 Empty Re: Special/Strong Attack Sound (Voosh Voosh

11/8/2010, 7:30 pm
@xKAreloadedx wrote:
@Mr Lange wrote:You know what.
It doesn't matter if the sound itself is stolen or not.
You are stealing a valuable idea, a concept.
Why the fuck are people so obsessed with copying Alvin Earthworm in every way possible.
Jesus Christ how is that appealing, wouldn't you rather make you OWN ideas, bring your OWN vision to live, instead of mimicking an old one?
Oh wait its not that you're after. You just want popularity.
Good luck.
Well His vids are awsome Very Happy but i see what u mean, I know i dont copy him but its easier to do that for most people, when i see people animate close to his style i try to see it from their point of view(after watching SMBZep8) "wow!!that was awsome!!, he used all of my fave chars!! i wanna make my own fight now!!" :roll: thats usually how it goes but, its a start for most people, so i cant bash them. However i see what u mean and agree with u, Originality is GOLDEN, and many people seem not to have it nowadays, because its easier to copy someone elses work then to make ur own. Lol i didnt expect U to get mad though :lol: idk why but i wouldnt bother with telling people what to animate, as long as it can be original, so my thoughts on this animation are, TRY TO BE ORIGINAL :roll: cuz it makes u kewler :pirat: (not saying u arent cuz u really didnt show much yet but, yeah)

Well, as far as I see it, there doesn't seem to be a clear line on where something is original or not. I mean, I can be extreme and say that almost everyone (including myself) being a ripoff. For example, Mario is originally created by Nintendo, so why are we borrowing ideas from Nintendo? Shouldn't we be making our own characters and worlds?

Get my point?
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan

11/8/2010, 9:41 pm
theres a big difference, im pretty sure he meant people stealing the concept of smbz and its fighting style, in any case im not gonna speak for Lange, im sure if he cares still he'll reply l8r. I gave u my take on the situation and wont bother arguing :roll:
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15

11/9/2010, 12:39 am
Okay? You guys are done sucking on each other? Good.

Lock.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Special/Strong Attack Sound (Voosh Voosh - Page 2 Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19

11/9/2010, 3:59 am
@5h0ck wrote:he was only asking for a sound that just happened to be used by alvin.....that doesn't mean he's copying him.
if using a sound ment we were unorriginal then that would make alomost all of us here guilty of copying some other animator.

Just using the same sound is completely different than using it in the same context. There is nothing else you could use that sound for unless you edited it, considering its only used for one thing. Judging by this guy's avatar pic I'm just a wee bit skeptical. He also hasn't denied it, as you can see here:

@MetallicTheory wrote:...calm down, dude. I'm not after any popularity, I just wanna animate a decent sprite fight... If it bothers you that much, then I won't use it. And I'm also pretty sure Alvin isn't 100% original himself.

Your holes in reasoning are mind boggling.
So, what you're saying is, you can't animate a decent sprite fight unless it looks like SMBZ.
What bothers me that this strange obsession is causing almost all sprite fights to look identical. Animators are not learning what it takes to be an artist and just copying the same damn thing over and over.
Alvin isn't 100% original. Nobody can be anymore. That effect was actually used by LGDvegetto before him. However, NO ONE had Alvin's style before Alvin, it is a very distinct style and very obvious to see when people copy it, ESPECIALLY when people use the same sound effects, same visual effects, same music, and recreate the same movements and scene clips. At that point, I don't buy it when people say shit like "LIKE IM NOT ORIGINAL CUZ I USED THE SAME SOUND EFFECT ER SOMETHING PFFT HOW DO YOU BE ORIGINAL ANYWAY" I'm not pinning you and all the other copycats for being 1% unoriginal, its for being 99% unoriginal.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Special/Strong Attack Sound (Voosh Voosh - Page 2 Fzero%20death%20race
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15

11/9/2010, 11:50 am
@Mr Lange wrote:
So, what you're saying is, you can't animate a decent sprite fight unless it looks like SMBZ.
What bothers me that this strange obsession is causing almost all sprite fights to look identical. Animators are not learning what it takes to be an artist and just copying the same damn thing over and over.
Alvin isn't 100% original. Nobody can be anymore. That effect was actually used by LGDvegetto before him. However, NO ONE had Alvin's style before Alvin, it is a very distinct style and very obvious to see when people copy it, ESPECIALLY when people use the same sound effects, same visual effects, same music, and recreate the same movements and scene clips. At that point, I don't buy it when people say shit like "LIKE IM NOT ORIGINAL CUZ I USED THE SAME SOUND EFFECT ER SOMETHING PFFT HOW DO YOU BE ORIGINAL ANYWAY" I'm not pinning you and all the other copycats for being 1% unoriginal, its for being 99% unoriginal.
You are amazing.

Special/Strong Attack Sound (Voosh Voosh - Page 2 Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
MetallicTheory
MetallicTheory
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2010-08-12

11/9/2010, 2:33 pm
@Mr Lange wrote:
@5h0ck wrote:he was only asking for a sound that just happened to be used by alvin.....that doesn't mean he's copying him.
if using a sound ment we were unorriginal then that would make alomost all of us here guilty of copying some other animator.

Just using the same sound is completely different than using it in the same context. There is nothing else you could use that sound for unless you edited it, considering its only used for one thing. Judging by this guy's avatar pic I'm just a wee bit skeptical. He also hasn't denied it, as you can see here:

@MetallicTheory wrote:...calm down, dude. I'm not after any popularity, I just wanna animate a decent sprite fight... If it bothers you that much, then I won't use it. And I'm also pretty sure Alvin isn't 100% original himself.

I never said it had to look like SMBZ to be a decent sprite fight. Whatever, I'll just quit this project all together. Thanks for judging my work without seeing it, though.
YoshiSonic
YoshiSonic
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1302

11/9/2010, 3:30 pm
You know what ill just make a sprite battle that is my first with little effort ill post it tommarow or thursday. Wink
Just need to know how to zoom in my chars and move the backround and ground then ill go make it...Ill just watch Eric's vids.

Special/Strong Attack Sound (Voosh Voosh - Page 2 Dancing-happy-yoshi Special/Strong Attack Sound (Voosh Voosh - Page 2 259ab217
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

11/9/2010, 4:42 pm
acctualy lange u can use that sound for other things. If i wanted to i could use that sound for transformations(wich would only fit a handfull of characters.)
a persons use of a sound/sprite is only limited by his/her way of thinking.

Special/Strong Attack Sound (Voosh Voosh - Page 2 Ichigo10
KRAnimation
KRAnimation
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-07-08

11/9/2010, 5:21 pm
Actually I have that sound too, and its in a DBZ sound pack.... Lol. Infact, its in the pack 2 times.
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

11/9/2010, 5:26 pm
wow no wonder no one else could find it......no one here looks for dbz sounds.

Special/Strong Attack Sound (Voosh Voosh - Page 2 Ichigo10
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2008-10-20

11/9/2010, 7:07 pm
@5h0ck wrote:acctualy lange u can use that sound for other things. If i wanted to i could use that sound for transformations(wich would only fit a handfull of characters.)
That's exactly what he said.
But the OP is gonna use it the same exact way. Which is the problem here.

Watch your ass.
Special/Strong Attack Sound (Voosh Voosh - Page 2 Banned1a7c7e438gif
MetallicTheory
MetallicTheory
Spritan
Spritan

11/9/2010, 8:44 pm
@Eric wrote:
@5h0ck wrote:acctualy lange u can use that sound for other things. If i wanted to i could use that sound for transformations(wich would only fit a handfull of characters.)

Can someone please lock this? I'm done with this animation...
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan

11/9/2010, 8:53 pm
@MetallicTheory wrote:
@Eric wrote:

so, u just quit man Shocked u gotta learn to stand up for yourself bro, ur only proving his point if you dont prove him wrong, show us that u were going to make something original man Very Happy , dont throw away an idea because of something like this.

Think of it this way, IF U GIVE UP that means indeed u were planning on making something similar, but if u continue and prove him wrong Very Happy all the better Twisted Evil
MetallicTheory
MetallicTheory
Spritan
Spritan

11/9/2010, 9:13 pm
@xKAreloadedx wrote:
@MetallicTheory wrote:
@Eric wrote:

so, u just quit man Shocked u gotta learn to stand up for yourself bro, ur only proving his point if you dont prove him wrong, show us that u were going to make something original man Very Happy , dont throw away an idea because of something like this.

Think of it this way, IF U GIVE UP that means indeed u were planning on making something similar, but if u continue and prove him wrong Very Happy all the better Twisted Evil

1. The animation was like, 20 seconds long so far. No loss in quitting.
2. If something as small as an effect makes people jump to conclusions like, "It's an SMBZ rip-off", than I'm sure that they're going to find more reasons to call it a rip-off. Like, a scrolling background, and using the same Mario sprites, or something like that.
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan

11/9/2010, 11:41 pm
nah man, lol lemme tell u i used to be like u bro :lol: i used to care about what people think but i was wrong man, animate for yourself Very Happy not for people,because as soon as that happens, u killed ur whole animating spirit. So i say make whatever the F**K u want, and if no one likes it, oh well U liked it right? after all, criticism is done after ur done with an animation, everything before is just advice or warnings or whatever u might see them as.
HarryControl
HarryControl
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 264

11/10/2010, 12:00 am
@MetallicTheory wrote:
@xKAreloadedx wrote:
@MetallicTheory wrote:
@Eric wrote:

1. The animation was like, 20 seconds long so far. No loss in quitting.
2. If something as small as an effect makes people jump to conclusions like, "It's an SMBZ rip-off", than I'm sure that they're going to find more reasons to call it a rip-off. Like, a scrolling background, and using the same Mario sprites, or something like that.

I don't classify scrolling backgrounds to be a ripoff of SMBZ. However, sometimes I do have my suspensions when things like the Super Mario World background is looped especially when everything such as the bushes and such are blurred the same way as SMBZ ep. 4. But I could be wrong.

As for using the same Mario sprites, I think I would find it pretty hopeless if I was considered being a ripoff of SMBZ just because I use MLSS styled sprites like Alvin does. However, it is said that MLSS styled sprites are overused in comparison to SMW styled sprites. Sometimes I wonder if I should switch to SNES version of Mario and Genesis version of Sonic just for the sake of not looking like I'm copying SMBZ. But I may be going overboard with that kind of reasoning. I just wanted to give my ten cents on what I think about originality.

Special/Strong Attack Sound (Voosh Voosh - Page 2 Luigi-o
"For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?" - Matthew 16:26
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19

11/10/2010, 1:40 am
@xKAreloadedx wrote:so, u just quit man Shocked u gotta learn to stand up for yourself bro, ur only proving his point if you dont prove him wrong, show us that u were going to make something original man Very Happy , dont throw away an idea because of something like this.

Thank you xKAreloadedx, you speak truth and justice. Heed this advice folks.

@HarryControl wrote:
As for using the same Mario sprites, I think I would find it pretty hopeless if I was considered being a ripoff of SMBZ just because I use MLSS styled sprites like Alvin does. However, it is said that MLSS styled sprites are overused in comparison to SMW styled sprites. Sometimes I wonder if I should switch to SNES version of Mario and Genesis version of Sonic just for the sake of not looking like I'm copying SMBZ. But I may be going overboard with that kind of reasoning. I just wanted to give my ten cents on what I think about originality.
Lol, wow, anybody remember what I said earlier:
@Mr Lange wrote:"LIKE IM NOT ORIGINAL CUZ I USED THE SAME SOUND EFFECT ER SOMETHING PFFT HOW DO YOU BE ORIGINAL ANYWAY"

Somehow I covered that argument before it even happened on this thread.
YoshiSonic
YoshiSonic
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1302

11/10/2010, 6:04 am
LOCKK THIS THREAD THE CREATOR REQUESTED IT Twisted Evil

Special/Strong Attack Sound (Voosh Voosh - Page 2 Dancing-happy-yoshi Special/Strong Attack Sound (Voosh Voosh - Page 2 259ab217
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2008-10-20

11/10/2010, 6:34 am
Yea, the OP's vid was a rip-off. Way too obvious.
Locked upon shameful request.

Watch your ass.
Special/Strong Attack Sound (Voosh Voosh - Page 2 Banned1a7c7e438gif
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum