NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Gradient trail Empty Gradient trail

9/12/2010, 1:24 pm
How do you do one of those gradient trail thingies, when a sprite rushes into the scene and a gradient follows it...

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Gradient trail Empty Re: Gradient trail

9/12/2010, 1:52 pm
Examples please??

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Gradient trail Untitl15
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan

9/12/2010, 1:59 pm

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2008-10-20

9/12/2010, 2:02 pm
Do you know how to make a gradient at all?

Watch your ass.
Gradient trail Banned1a7c7e438gif
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

9/12/2010, 2:02 pm
You talking bout that partially transparent bar

Gradient trail Ichigo10
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan

9/12/2010, 3:00 pm
@Eric wrote:Do you know how to make a gradient at all?
Well yeah...
*edit* Never mind i sorted it. Lock the thread.

Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 13142
Registration date : 2009-03-28

9/12/2010, 4:10 pm
Gradient trail Gradie10
You meant something like that?
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan

9/12/2010, 4:10 pm
Pattiasina24 wrote:Gradient trail Gradie10
Yeah yeah yeah yeah Very Happy

Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

9/12/2010, 4:19 pm
how'd you do that?

Gradient trail Untitl15
Patt
Administrator
Administrator

9/12/2010, 4:24 pm
Well this is how I personally do it. Idk if this is how others do it but yeah...you'll get an idea of how to do it obviously.

First make a linear gradient. In the color ramp on the right, choose a light color in the character, in this case, in Pulseman it was pinkish. So I set it to pinkish. Now on the right arrow of the color ramp, click a darker shade of that first color. In this case mine was a darker pink, kind of close to a dark red. Now you alpha that all the way out.

Put the gradient behind your character like I did. Find a good position, play with the size of the gradient until you get something you find that you like. Now, you can -- you don't have to, but I think it makes it seem a little more effective, set the gradient to the blend mode add.

Now, you can add some motion blur, like I did, but once again, its just if you want to. I did just 'cuz I think it looks cooler like that. You blur the X Axis 20, and put the quality on low. This way it will actually show up with the V-Cam there. Now move it over to the right/left whichever direction so you can't see both parts of the blur. So that it's only being blurred as if the character was running in that direction. Then set it to overlay or something, even alpha it. Whichever you feel looks best. ^^
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan

9/12/2010, 4:27 pm
Pattiasina24 wrote:Well this is how I personally do it. Idk if this is how others do it but yeah...you'll get an idea of how to do it obviously.

First make a linear gradient. In the color ramp on the right, choose a light color in the character, in this case, in Pulseman it was pinkish. So I set it to pinkish. Now on the right arrow of the color ramp, click a darker shade of that first color. In this case mine was a darker pink, kind of close to a dark red. Now you alpha that all the way out.

Put the gradient behind your character like I did. Find a good position, play with the size of the gradient until you get something you find that you like. Now, you can -- you don't have to, but I think it makes it seem a little more effective, set the gradient to the blend mode add.

Now, you can add some motion blur, like I did, but once again, its just if you want to. I did just 'cuz I think it looks cooler like that. You blur the X Axis 20, and put the quality on low. This way it will actually show up with the V-Cam there. Now move it over to the right/left whichever direction so you can't see both parts of the blur. So that it's only being blurred as if the character was running in that direction. Then set it to overlay or something, even alpha it. Whichever you feel looks best. ^^
Wow...thanks Patt...i'm going to use this effect in that Guy vs Zeke animation cheers

Patt
Administrator
Administrator

9/12/2010, 4:30 pm
No problem. ^^

I didn't think the first one looked good and this is a little better. :\

Gradient trail Gradie11
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan

9/12/2010, 4:35 pm
Pattiasina24 wrote:No problem. ^^

I didn't think the first one looked good and this is a little better. :\

Gradient trail Gradie11
Is that an animation your working on now? Looks pretty good considering its just a screen shot.

Patt
Administrator
Administrator

9/12/2010, 4:37 pm
NintendoStar01 wrote:
Is that an animation your working on now? Looks pretty good considering its just a screen shot.
Lmao, nah, I just opened up Flash and made it real quick if that's what you wanted. And just to get back into Flash, I haven't opened up Flash in a while, so I was like, eh, might as well. XD
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan

9/12/2010, 4:44 pm
Pattiasina24 wrote:
NintendoStar01 wrote:
Lmao, nah, I just opened up Flash and made it real quick if that's what you wanted. And just to get back into Flash, I haven't opened up Flash in a while, so I was like, eh, might as well. XD
Lol, i stand corrected then. Maybe you should open up your Flash more often? xD

Patt
Administrator
Administrator

9/12/2010, 4:48 pm
NintendoStar01 wrote:
Pattiasina24 wrote:
NintendoStar01 wrote:
Lol, i stand corrected then. Maybe you should open up your Flash more often? xD
Will do. I've been addicted to an online game. XD

But I deleted it so now I'm back on track. (As you guys probably noticed I didn't post here in like 2-3 weeks. XD)
Jemaster800
Jemaster800
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2010-03-21

9/12/2010, 5:23 pm
madfacespriter wrote:
how'd you do that?

W00T teh Pulseman!
Patt
Administrator
Administrator

9/12/2010, 5:24 pm
@Jemaster800 wrote:

W00T teh Pulseman!
He's so beast. <3
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

9/12/2010, 5:30 pm
@Jemaster800 wrote:
madfacespriter wrote:
how'd you do that?

W00T teh Pulseman!
i truly thought you made him, what game is he from? anyway thanks for the info i might start a random animation just to use it....

Gradient trail Untitl15
Renny
Renny
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7880
Registration date : 2009-12-12

9/12/2010, 5:31 pm
Pulseman is from the game called Pulseman

Gradient trail 34nsbrr
Patt
Administrator
Administrator

9/12/2010, 5:39 pm
Yeah I don't blame you for not knowing. Pulseman is a game that aired on the Sega Genesis only in Japan. It was never released to the US. It is now available for us on WiiWare from what I know...I'm not sure if it still is...but I think it is. I got it on an Emulator and its really an interesting game. Imagine Megaman in a Sonic like gameplay with a Ristar universe. It's a really good game and I seriously suggest you play it. ^^
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

9/12/2010, 5:43 pm
wait sonic as in sonic 3 right?cause i dont really like the ones after.....well i kinda like heroes and shadow for the violence,whoa im getting way off topic mybad

Gradient trail Untitl15
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2010-07-20

9/13/2010, 10:06 am
dont wanna make another thread for this so im just gonna use this chance to ask. How do you take a screenshot in flash???
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2008-10-20

9/13/2010, 10:58 am
It's just a regular screen shot but he cut everything else leaving only the video...

Watch your ass.
Gradient trail Banned1a7c7e438gif
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2010-07-20

9/13/2010, 11:27 am
@Eric wrote:It's just a regular screen shot but he cut everything else leaving only the video...
wu-wut??? im lost... are you saying that thats the swf or wat do you mean?? (sorry im slow at this)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum